AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-22, 19:37   Link #2101
rxrx

Because they have to add in stuff which would increase budget? Seriously the game is like the first, so it is cheaper to add characters that can fly instead of adding people Subaru. The game mechanics will change a lot too as you can fly and use the wing road and run around.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 19:46   Link #2102
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
I guess, but Magical Battle Arena already has it :/`

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 19:47   Link #2103
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
I guess, but Magical Battle Arena already has it :/`
I was about to say that the Rayearth girls in MBA use an object to fly on, and they're pretty awesome.

(Not as awesome as summoning Rayearth itself to battle and either blowing stuff up or stabbing it. Sorry, Hayate, had no choice!)

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 21:50   Link #2104
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Of course, if fans scream murder because of this then Touma can be shafted like all the males of the series like Chrono, Yunno and Zafira and that is dumb as he is suppose to be the main character.
He pretty much already got shafted.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 22:10   Link #2105
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
He pretty much already got shafted.
It's a "normal" thing, after all. I imagine that most of the characters introduced in ViVid will either rise to take the stage, or fall to the background, even further than others.
But that's just my speculation, given what's happened. XP
Old 2012-01-22, 22:13   Link #2106
Justin_Brett

You'd think it would be different for him since they bothered to make a male hero in the first place. It's kind of a shame.
Old 2012-01-22, 22:24   Link #2107
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
You'd think it would be different for him since they bothered to make a male hero in the first place. It's kind of a shame.
...I'm refraining from saying more on your apparent definition of "male hero" in Nanoha-verse.
Can't say I'm all that surprised. After all, this is 7arcs. T_T;
Old 2012-01-22, 22:36   Link #2108
Justin_Brett

I dunno about 7 Arcs - Dog Days had a pretty good male protagonist.
Old 2012-01-22, 23:16   Link #2109
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Not every series needs a male main protag. And certainly not a Mahou Shoujo. :|
Old 2012-01-22, 23:21   Link #2110
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Good thing Force is no longer Mahou Shoujo tho.

Any further discussion on this either goes on the Force thread or the Nanoha general, thanks.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 23:25   Link #2111
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Tossing in a bunch of random anti-magic BS does not change what it still is. The characters abilities have not changed, only the technology.
Old 2012-01-22, 23:31   Link #2112
Sunder the Gold

Bringing the thread back on-topic:

I've been thinking over how Yuuno and the other characters in Gears of Destiny thought of their fights.

* Vivio wasn't trying to beat Yuuno, just to get away from him. Yuuno was only trying to hold her for questioning. Ignoring the gameplay, storywise he probably just managed to capture her. After that, she was more than strong enough to escape after distracting him.

* From what I can tell, Yuuno didn't so much beat the Liese twins as SURVIVE long enough that he could convince them he wasn't a Dark Piece.

* Despite his defenses, Material-S's attacks were too close for comfort, considering how Yuuno was yelping "Too hot, too hot!" She also doesn't act injured or exhausted. Maybe like the twins, she just stopped attacking him because his defenses were too good, and maybe she didn't actually want to kill him (despite her words about "stepping over his body").

* Unlike Vivio, Einhart DID want to beat him. And she did. Yuuno was left awed by her strength. (Then again, between her reflect attack, anti-binding move, and CQC superiority, she's sort of his worst enemy.)

Does anyone see an error in this?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 23:50   Link #2113
Laith
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Bringing the thread back on-topic:

I've been thinking over how Yuuno and the other characters in Gears of Destiny thought of their fights.

* Vivio wasn't trying to beat Yuuno, just to get away from him. Yuuno was only trying to hold her for questioning. Ignoring the gameplay, storywise he probably just managed to capture her. After that, she was more than strong enough to escape after distracting him.
I probably would declare it unfinished and Vivio managing to break Yuuno's concentration enough for her to escape.

Quote:
* From what I can tell, Yuuno didn't so much beat the Liese twins as SURVIVE long enough that he could convince them he wasn't a Dark Piece.
IIRC he binded them. Sure they were about to break out of them, but he put a fight.

Quote:
* Despite his defenses, Material-S's attacks were too close for comfort, considering how Yuuno was yelping "Too hot, too hot!" She also doesn't act injured or exhausted. Maybe like the twins, she just stopped attacking him because his defenses were too good, and maybe she didn't actually want to kill him (despite her words about "stepping over his body").
Eh, she wasn't so much trying to kill him as she was testing herself against her master. That's a martial arts kind of thing, as far as I understand. They are more peaceful this time around too so...

Quote:
* Unlike Vivio, Einhart DID want to beat him. And she did. Yuuno was left awed by her strength. (Then again, between her reflect attack, anti-binding move, and CQC superiority, she's sort of his worst enemy.)
No arguments here.
Old 2012-01-23, 00:02   Link #2114
eku

Hi, does anyone here have the DLCs for the Digital Nanoha from the Battle of Aces? Mind if I get it?
eku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 04:47   Link #2115
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Tossing in a bunch of random anti-magic BS does not change what it still is. The characters abilities have not changed, only the technology.
Yeah, that's the main problem. The characters abilities didn't changed while the setting was changed so their abilities become useless and thus become almost absolutely reliant on the new technology.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 05:04   Link #2116
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Yeah, that's the main problem. The characters abilities didn't changed while the setting was changed so their abilities become useless and thus become almost absolutely reliant on the new technology.
I mostly agree with Aki, but this is the wrong thread for that discussion.

Anyway, if Laith is still taking requests, I'd like to see a Nanoha versus Yuuno fight. With Laith using whichever character the AI would not use properly, so that it's a proper fight.

Also, an Arf versus Yuuno fight. What happens when his Protection Smash collides with her Barrier Breaker Strike?
Old 2012-01-23, 09:00   Link #2117
Laith
*Author

Can do, just you'll have to wait 'till the weekend. School and all.
Old 2012-01-23, 15:07   Link #2118
Sunder the Gold

Cool, thanks.
Old 2012-01-24, 09:18   Link #2119
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluegel View Post
An Original character is just an original character. Original generations is the name of the SRW g game that only inloves it's original SRW characters.

And because I was bored last night,

WHERE'S MY VITA CAMEO IN NEPTUNE MK2 DAMN IT? I'll settle for a BRS cameo though.
Maybe we will see it in mk3? who knows?
And it is more than enough that we see Blanc in the game too.(VA jokes...and IF(a.k.a Dearche/Hayate)) *IS SHOT*

And how to unlock Sequence X?
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 09:48   Link #2120
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I think you have to finish the entire story mode and the final before that...