AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-03, 16:19   Link #2381
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
No, no, it isn't possible. I have no clue how the fandom began to think it was possible to materialize objects without using materialization, but it isn't and has never been hinted at.As for Genthru,
Spoiler:
Furthermore, you can see in the anime the trace of the explosion of little flower on his own hand(and in the manga, we know there is powder and it's a materialized ability).

It happens many many times later in the series, mostly by Emitters, who logically should be terrible at Conjuration since it's on the opposite side. However, they aren't "objects" in the sense that people can't touch them or interact with them. They're just... an appearance given to a localized bundle of nen. Apparently this isn't the case with Genthru, as it's certainly possible to replicate similar effects with different specialties, but it still happens regularly.

Spoiler for manga, abilities from future characters:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
Yeah, CountDown not only has LOTS of conditions to be put in place, but it ALSO has an escape clause that is actually damn easy if you are anything close to Genthru's own level.

Countdown is, truly, a blackmail ability.
It also seems to be a multi-person ability in some sense. I'm not sure how much control his partners have over it, since he can apparently plant and arm them all himself, but to remote detonate them at least he needs their assistance, which makes sense as a Conjurer wouldn't be good at long range manipulation.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 18:43   Link #2382
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post

Spoiler for manga, abilities from future characters:
Spoiler:
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 21:15   Link #2383
HybridBloodsZak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Oh, he's a conjurer? For some reason I though he was an emitter.

Little Flower can just as easily be a conjurer ability though, if you conjure an exploding substance, so there's no contradiction there. The nen system is just flexible like that. You can oftentimes achieve similar results by completely different means.

Conditions allow for conjured objects to persist near-indefinitely even when the conjurer is on the other side of the world. This literally happens all the time. In this case, the condition is a very transparent and possible escape-clause. In any time in fiction, for as old as fiction exists, escape-clauses are often used in powerful spells for the express purpose of making them as powerful as they are (save for the escape-clause).
Abilities in HxH aren't as cut and dry as this conversation has been making it. Sure Hunters have inclinations towards a type but as Biscuit has said when you improve Nen types around you, your Nen affinity as a result naturally gets better too.

As for Genthru's ability Countdown, it's a mixture of Conjuration, Manipulation, and Emission as seen in the pic to the right
HybridBloodsZak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 03:38   Link #2384
Pacify

Haha, Killua's hunter exam was such a troll
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 04:09   Link #2385
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

For a second there, I thought Lucifer was the black guy base on his height and facial structures.
Old 2013-02-10, 05:05   Link #2386
ookamigirl

Killua bouncing around.
He passed hunter's exam without a sweat.
It was just too easy for him.
Now that he's back on Greed Island new adventures will follow.
Using Chrollo's name in the game made tensions rise.
I still don't quite get how those spells work since it's not a game, but reality.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 05:07   Link #2387
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The singular of dice is die. >_>

How the spells work, it's easy. The game is made by a whole bunch of Nen users. The cards and the items that are inside them were made with Nen.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 05:27   Link #2388
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

All Kil needed was a cigarette hanging from the corner of his mouth and a half-drunk Cosmo and he'd have fit right in with the old ladies on downtown Vegas.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 06:14   Link #2389
SinsI

Hmm, it would've been better if there were 19 Bad Luck and only one Good Luck sides on the Risky Dice - that way penalty would be 20-400 times weaker.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 14:51   Link #2390
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice to see some old faces at the exam. Nice that even Zepile was there. Too bad Killua took all them out, that was so funny how he passed the whole exam in an hour. Hisoka appears! Interesting tha Chrollo decided to hire him. Killua with that dice is not a good pair. Well good that they are finally starting to collect cards.
Old 2013-02-10, 16:03   Link #2391
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Again, the singular of dice is "die".
Old 2013-02-10, 18:05   Link #2392
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Hell yeah! Hisoka makes his appearance =03! I'd never expect him in this game(if it weren't for the opening), but it seems that he's crossed paths with Gon on the low-down. I can't wait to see what'll happen on their eventual meeting, esp since Gon is MUCH stronger than he was in Heaven's Arena. No doubt he'll want to test Gon's newfound strength, and it should be interesting to see how Gon will deal with his Bungee Gum this time around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Hmm, it would've been better if there were 19 Bad Luck and only one Good Luck sides on the Risky Dice - that way penalty would be 20-400 times weaker.
Then, there wouldn't be much risk, rather, more risk and less damage would more or less prevent continual usage, since you'd only have a 5% chance of getting Good Luck. I like the concept of Risky Dice as it is. Even Genthru and his team are afraid of the effects, which goes to show you that 1 Bad Luck side among 19 Good Luck sides are enough of a grave risk to take.

Quote:
Again, the singular of dice is "die".
he's using one die right? Then it's dice.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 02:34   Link #2393
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

.... I don't get it.
Old 2013-02-11, 03:56   Link #2394
Clarste
Human

Quote:
How the spells work, it's easy. The game is made by a whole bunch of Nen users. The cards and the items that are inside them were made with Nen.
I think the most important part is that there are a ridiculous number of limitations placed on everything. The spells only work on people who've knowingly submitted to entering a game that they know can kill them, and only after finding a particular card somewhere on the island, with a particular difficulty rating associated with obtaining it. Not to mention it was created by a team of people (including at least Ging and Razor, Ging being one of the top 5 nen users in the world) who presumably have a wide variety of nen specialties letting them cooperate to create composite effects.

So basically it's ridiculously powerful nen made so by a huge number of limitations.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 12:48   Link #2395
Doria

Quote:
.... I don't get it.
Yes, me, neither. However, if they're referring to the card (e.g.., "Use the dice."), then I think dice is acceptable. Otherwise, you are absolutely correct. I am inquiring about that now...
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 23:42   Link #2396
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

This is interesting, my quess its that its bout canon filler
Old 2013-02-13, 23:55   Link #2397
leokiko

Should I get scared?
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 01:21   Link #2398
HybridBloodsZak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
This is interesting, my quess its that its bout canon filler
I don't think Madhouse would do filler honestly... they like the series too much to try and add their own stuff to it.

I'm thinking a timeslot change because of the nature of the upcoming arc. Don't want to spoil for people who haven't read it in the manga but that arc is just so much darker than everything that's come before it(Yes that includes Yorknew)
HybridBloodsZak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 04:42   Link #2399
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridBloodsZak View Post
I don't think Madhouse would do filler honestly... they like the series too much to try and add their own stuff to it.

I'm thinking a timeslot change because of the nature of the upcoming arc. Don't want to spoil for people who haven't read it in the manga but that arc is just so much darker than everything that's come before it(Yes that includes Yorknew)
Well at this point, i could see togashi giving in the manga and writing for the anime or something, and madhouse...they have screwed the canon of a couple of series in the last couple of years without actually doing fillers.

About the change of the timeslot, its something i would like, but the change is something i dont think nippon television would do for an anime that has such high ratings, after all if they want to make a less "edited" adaptation, the only timeslot would be after midnight.
Old 2013-02-14, 07:23   Link #2400
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Lol after midnight? There goes your entire target demographic. I'll go with editing.

It's probably an announcement that's along the lines of "It's been extended" or "there will be a new season in 2 years" or "the anime had bombed so it will be ending soon".

Somehow the latter is rather unlikely.

Tags
action, shounen