AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-08-13, 02:37   Link #401
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Tell the other major licensors that. All they care about is getting the hottest series like it's Black Friday.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-13, 02:38   Link #402
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Tell the other major licensors that. All they care about is getting the hottest series like it's Black Friday.
All the more reason to be happy when a little known series like this gets picked up and distributed, eh?

Looks like they make their products available through Right Stuff....
Old 2015-08-13, 02:47   Link #403
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'd rather pick it up from within the country than being assaulted by taxes.
Is anyone even interested in giving anime licenses to Singapore or any other country in SEA?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-13, 02:47   Link #404
Dop
Mmmm....

So that's the second show I've read about this morning which is getting a DVD release later this year, so with this and Tamayura I've got two definite 'must buy' shows I never expected to see get licenced!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-13, 02:53   Link #405
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
While this is good news (albeit not to us in the UK who can't watch it!), I'd love to see some of the stuff CR are licensing get proper DVD releases. Even bargain basement releases with just the CR subs, shovelled onto DVDs and sold as cheap box sets. That would suit me fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
So that's the second show I've read about this morning which is getting a DVD release later this year, so with this and Tamayura I've got two definite 'must buy' shows I never expected to see get licensed!
Not surprised ... but nice to see your hoped for wish from a few years back completed. ^^
Old 2015-10-25, 20:44   Link #406
gdpetti

I just remembered this one... and the most interesting thing is the adaptation to anime from the 4panel manga... if I remember that's what it is called... in the anime, we have this girl as the lead, whereas in the manga, no one seems to be... it's just one joke, amusement or comment after the next and out of this non-directional setup, the anime team crafted a more traditional format for the characters while still giving each their time to shine. It's probably the biggest adaptation I've seen.. I forget, but didn't the manga continue? I gave up on it as time didn't seem to exist for the most part, like the art club existed in a bubble in time, flirting with reality only outside the club's time... There were so many cultural references at times that just didn't translate... it was interesting to compare the two though and see the tough job the anime team had in extracting a storyline from the manga.. interesting.... which does make it a nice anime... especially those darn cats.. very unique from what I've seen, as they seem as well characterized as the human characters... no discrimination here at all... well, maybe against dogs, but that I can understand.

I wonder, after reading some of the manga, why it was picked for an anime treatment? Interesting characters, definitely, which must have given someone an idea.
gdpetti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, hal, school life, seinen, slice of life