Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-09-26, 07:38   Link #61
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I remember Suzuki's performance being praised on this very forum. Most people agreed he was perfect for the role.
Mostly after his scandal where people know that he won't voice Anos again. I remember little praise for Suzuki's voice-acting during the airing of S1 itself, just the Anos character in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Yeah, and I love how people make assumptions about what I and others were thinking.
You can literally read the comments of people who are complaining about Umehara's voice-acting in the PV and wishing Suzuki's voice-acting back, including yours.

So no, I did not assume what you're thinking. I merely stated & reiterated the comments before me.
Old 2022-09-26, 09:20   Link #62
Frontier

Quote:
He has done some none serious roles. Early in his career he voiced a happy go lucky merman living in a bathtub. XD And then there was a school character who I can't for the life of me remember the name of or the show. But, he was voicing them when he had to step away for health reasons and I think Sugita took over his role. And for his most recent one there was Kircheis from LotGH who had his softer moments.
Club President from Tada-kun Never Falls in Love ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Mostly after his scandal where people know that he won't voice Anos again. I remember little praise for Suzuki's voice-acting during the airing of S1 itself, just the Anos character in general.
I might totally be mis-remembering but I remember a lot of praise for his delivery as Anos, especially with the "did you really think killing me would make me dead?" line or when he's ticked at the lady who attacked his mom .
Old 2022-09-26, 11:05   Link #63
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I might totally be mis-remembering but I remember a lot of praise for his delivery as Anos, especially with the "did you really think killing me would make me dead?" line or when he's ticked at the lady who attacked his mom .
People were amused by the character's line of dialogue on that part, not Suzuki's voice-acting in particular.

And Anos owning Emilia was hyped coz the people hated Emilia & couldn't wait for her comeuppance by Anos. The audience were cheering more when they heard Emilia writhing in agony when it comes to voice-acting .

If anything, you were the (only?) one who posted praising comments for Suzuki during S1.
Old 2022-09-26, 11:17   Link #64
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
I love how people suddenly act so precious of Suzuki's voice for Anos when ya'll didn't even care that much back when S1 aired.
Oh come on. You know I was the first to praise the arrival of Lord Valvatorez when Suzuki was first announced fir season 1.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-26, 11:25   Link #65
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Oh come on. You know I was the first to praise the arrival of Lord Valvatorez when Suzuki was first announced fir season 1.
Citation?

I didn't see comment of you praising Suzuki both in anticipation thread & the first page of the S1 thread. Maybe I missed something and you can correct me.

If anything, it was Frontier who praised Suzuki on the first page.
Old 2022-09-26, 11:41   Link #66
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Citation?

I didn't see comment of you praising Suzuki both in anticipation thread & the first page of the S1 thread. Maybe I missed something and you can correct me.

If anything, it was Frontier who praised Suzuki on the first page.
Okay, it seems I falsely blamed you. After doing my search, it turns out my comments on Lord Valvatorez is in my visitor conversations when I was discussing the show with Cosmic Eagle. Which is not open to search despite public.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-26, 11:43   Link #67
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Okay, it seems I falsely blamed you. After doing my search, it turns out my comments on Lord Valvatorez is in my visitor conversations when I was discussing the show with Cosmic Eagle. Which is not open to search despite public.
Good.

Now that everything is clear, let's move on.
Old 2022-09-26, 13:32   Link #68
Frontier

Quote:
People were amused by the character's line of dialogue on that part, not Suzuki's voice-acting in particular.

And Anos owning Emilia was hyped coz the people hated Emilia & couldn't wait for her comeuppance by Anos. The audience were cheering more when they heard Emilia writhing in agony when it comes to voice-acting .

If anything, you were the (only?) one who posted praising comments for Suzuki during S1.
I dunno, I think I saw people praising both the acting and delivery of the scene as well as Anos' actual actions.
Old 2022-09-26, 14:36   Link #69
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I dunno, I think I saw people praising both the acting and delivery of the scene as well as Anos' actual actions.
You think. But for me, citation needed (other than your own comments).
Old 2022-09-26, 15:19   Link #70
Frontier

Quote:
You think. But for me, citation needed (other than your own comments).
Well, I frequent here and Reddit so I feel like I've definitely seen it .
Old 2022-09-26, 15:23   Link #71
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:

You can literally read the comments of people who are complaining about Umehara's voice-acting in the PV and wishing Suzuki's voice-acting back, including yours.

So no, I did not assume what you're thinking. I merely stated & reiterated the comments before me.

That's not what I was talking about, it's your assumption that people didn't care about Suzuki's voice as Anos until now. I know that I for one really liked him as Anos even before he was removed from the project. Just because I may not have mentioned it to you or the board doesn't mean it wasn't a thing.
Old 2022-09-26, 18:54   Link #72
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
That's not what I was talking about, it's your assumption that people didn't care about Suzuki's voice as Anos until now. I know that I for one really liked him as Anos even before he was removed from the project. Just because I may not have mentioned it to you or the board doesn't mean it wasn't a thing.
And I said what I said based on comments here when S1 aired as factual evidence. At least I can say that most people here didn't care/feel strongly enough about Suzuki to praise him in a comment back in S1. In this case, at least Frontier has a good evidence for himself.
Old 2022-09-26, 19:56   Link #73
Frontier

I don't know if we really need factual evidence, the way so much of the show was well-received back when it was airing I think it's pretty reasonable to assume part of that was because of the vocal performances of the cast.
Old 2022-09-26, 21:43   Link #74
Cloudedmind

Quote:
And I said what I said based on comments here when S1 aired as factual evidence. At least I can say that most people here didn't care/feel strongly enough about Suzuki to praise him in a comment back in S1. In this case, at least Frontier has a good evidence for himself.
There are a lot of things I don't say on this board, but that doesn't mean I don't have an opinion about them. Your essentially committing the absence of evidence fallacy, or argument from ignorance fallacy, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argume...ce#Null_result, https://blog.blueprintprep.com/lsat/...dence-fallacy/. The simple fact that some of us are displeased with his replacement and voicing it now should give some evidence that we at least cared a little about Suzuki as Anos. Most people don't generally complain about shit they didn't care about at all.

Last edited by Cloudedmind; 2022-09-26 at 22:22.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-26, 22:24   Link #75
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I don't know if we really need factual evidence, the way so much of the show was well-received back when it was airing I think it's pretty reasonable to assume part of that was because of the vocal performances of the cast.
I like the show yet I never consider Suzuki's performance as anything super special. I like it just fine and it was above average but not something I consider definitive Anos and can't be played by others.

Quote:
There are a lot of things I don't say on this board, but that doesn't mean I don't have an opinion about them. Your committing the absence of evidence fallacy, https://blog.blueprintprep.com/lsat/...dence-fallacy/. The simple fact that some of us are displeased with his replacement and voicing it now should give some evidence that we at least cared a little about Suzuki as Anos. Most people don't generally complain about shit they didn't care about at all.
Well, people care a lot more now that Suzuki is outta the table. But again, I see little evidence that people care about who voiced Anos back then as long as he sounded like a proper gentleman.

Clearly I can't read people's mind, and I don't know if you speak the truth about you caring so much about Suzuki as Anos back in S1, so my comment was purely based on written evidence. And as far as evidence go, only Frontier (+ maybe a couple others I missed) praised Suzuki's performance back then.
Old 2022-09-26, 23:02   Link #76
Frontier

Quote:
I like the show yet I never consider Suzuki's performance as anything super special. I like it just fine and it was above average but not something I consider definitive Anos and can't be played by others.

Well, people care a lot more now that Suzuki is outta the table. But again, I see little evidence that people care about who voiced Anos back then as long as he sounded like a proper gentleman.

Clearly I can't read people's mind, and I don't know if you speak the truth about you caring so much about Suzuki as Anos back in S1, so my comment was purely based on written evidence. And as far as evidence go, only Frontier (+ maybe a couple others I missed) praised Suzuki's performance back then.
I mean, he literally was Anos' voice. I'd say that was pretty definitive unless you checked out, like, the other dubs of the show .

And I think Suzuki's performance did a good deal in selling Anos' personality and dialogue, as the best voice acting does .
Old 2022-09-27, 00:01   Link #77
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I mean, he literally was Anos' voice. I'd say that was pretty definitive unless you checked out, like, the other dubs of the show .

And I think Suzuki's performance did a good deal in selling Anos' personality and dialogue, as the best voice acting does .
Yes, I actually checked the English Dub and I like Anos' voice as much as Suzuki's take. It's different but still good.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I already said that Suzuki's take is good/above average. Just not definitive/irreplacable.
Old 2022-09-27, 00:55   Link #78
Cloudedmind

Quote:

And as I pointed out your conclusion is based on an illogical fallacy. Just because you saw no evidence of something doesn't mean that something doesn't exist. Arguments or observations that culminate in a fallacy aren't constructive. A better observation to have made after some people started complaining was "Oh, I guess people cared about this more then I thought." Both of which are things that have actual evidence. One, you originally thought no one cared, and two you found out that maybe they actually did based on actual statements they're currently making.
Old 2022-09-27, 01:56   Link #79
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
And as I pointed out your conclusion is based on an illogical fallacy. Just because you saw no evidence of something doesn't mean that something doesn't exist. Arguments or observations that culminate in a fallacy aren't constructive. A better observation to have made after some people started complaining was "Oh, I guess people cared about this more then I thought." Both of which are things that have actual evidence. One, you originally thought no one cared, and two you found out that maybe they actually did based on actual statements they're currently making.
People are capable of changing their minds after certain events or hindsight. That was the point of my comment/argument.

Maou Gakuin S1 was literally years ago. Some people can grow from not caring much about Suzuki's Anos voice back then to caring much as time goes on due to either nostalgic feelings or after a certain event (in this case, Suzuki's cheating & banning from the role & a new seiyuu coming in), or other reasons.

My comment that you first quoted is not me assuming what you're thinking right now about Suzuki's Anos but (sarcastically) expressing/bringing up the possibility that this event changed a lot of people's opinions with hindsight since S1.

Note that my comment that you first quoted was not directed at certain someone or a reply to anyone. But you just straight up responded (negatively) to it. If said comment of mine is not aligned with your actual situation then okay, I'll accept you as part of the exceptions like Frontier. But I'm still convinced that there are those who changed their minds from "not caring much about Suzuki-Anos voice back in S1" to "caring so much about Suzuki-Anos voice now that he is replaced".
Old 2022-09-27, 07:42   Link #80
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The very fact people are complaining about the change should be enough to tell Suzuki's performance was greatly appreciated. If it were someone else, it may not have been such a big deal. To me it's a combination of Suzuki being great in that role and Umehara just not being a good fit. I don't have anyone in mind, but if he had been replaced by someone else I may not have complained as much.

Tags
demon king, harem