AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-15, 07:14   Link #141
Wakan Tanka

A wild guess: Tenshi is the sister of Otonashi.
Old 2010-05-15, 07:54   Link #142
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Lol, Otonashi Hatsune (Miku)? O.o
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-05-15, 08:00   Link #143
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I think the new "Red" eyed Tenshi is basically all of Kanade's habored hatred for the SSS (when Kanade suppressed her emotions)

And if what I am thinking is true, then Otonashi will get this member into his harem as well making twin routes possible. Although I wish they still went with a twin tail Tenshi...

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-05-15, 09:08   Link #144
Elvin

I'll go out and guess the new Tenshi is something Yuri created, because she felt they needed an enemy to carry on. She's probably the perfect embodiment of the cold, battling Tenshi that everone assumed Kanade was.
Old 2010-05-15, 10:16   Link #145
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
I'll go out and guess the new Tenshi is something Yuri created, because she felt they needed an enemy to carry on. She's probably the perfect embodiment of the cold, battling Tenshi that everone assumed Kanade was.
Damn, I haven't thought of it like this but interesting concept though

Old 2010-05-15, 11:24   Link #146
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
I'll go out and guess the new Tenshi is something Yuri created, because she felt they needed an enemy to carry on. She's probably the perfect embodiment of the cold, battling Tenshi that everyone assumed Kanade was.
But we saw her split off of Tenshi, so I doubt it. Seems really unlikely to me that Yuri somehow made her.
MAL
Old 2010-05-15, 12:54   Link #147
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
But we saw her split off of Tenshi, so I doubt it. Seems really unlikely to me that Yuri somehow made her.
Plus, I don't think Yuri even know how to create guns and materials since the Guild does all that.
Old 2010-05-15, 13:24   Link #148
blitz1/2

Quote:
Well, I wrote that she "indirectly" made her. I think that Yuri "hampered" Harmonics from her last hack into Kanade's PC. Second theory is Yuri's anger created the second Tenshi (Hopefully not, because it would be another Haruhi and Haruhi sux.)

Old 2010-05-15, 13:51   Link #149
tsunade666

I wouldn't buy for Yuri creating the fake tenshi. And I think that Yuri isn't totally angry with kanade to begin with after some events. Though she still shows doubt about it.
Old 2010-05-15, 14:00   Link #150
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Looking at that scene again, its hard to see anything other than special effects there.

As for why there is another all of a sudden, most are right in assuming its because Kanade got to close to everyone id imagine.

But as far as there just being another, Id guess that we will get an explanation in a week or two. Its probably going to get a bit scifi-y though.
Old 2010-05-15, 14:19   Link #151
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Well, I wrote that she "indirectly" made her. I think that Yuri "hampered" Harmonics from her last hack into Kanade's PC. Second theory is Yuri's anger created the second Tenshi (Hopefully not, because it would be another Haruhi and Haruhi sux.)
YES we finally have something that sticks, good job. ( ̄。 ̄) Would also explain her sudden absence.
Old 2010-05-15, 14:59   Link #152
quzqazqaz

Spoiler for ...:
Old 2010-05-15, 15:15   Link #153
GDB

I don't really see why people are trying to make more out of this then necessary. Kanade clearly used Harmonics to save the SSS from being fish food. She didn't say "Guard Skill: Harmonics", but her Harmoniclone didn't need to say anything to activate dual Hand Sonics either.

The only real questions are:
1) Why did it go Rogue/What caused it to go Rogue?
2) Is it supposed to dissipate into thin air, and if not why didn't Kanade realize she hadn't reabsorbed the Harmoniclone?
3) Why Kanade felt the need to use Harmonics if it was untested and/or incomlete when she could've probably gotten adequate propulsion using Guard Skill: Delay.
Old 2010-05-15, 16:34   Link #154
Raiza Sunozaki

I've got two theories on the Evil Tenshi, both revolving around Harmonics.
One: Kanade panicked. Forgetting they would revive after X period of time (albeit, I'm not sure if being digested would still permit revival), she used Harmonics, a technique still unperfected and under-tested, to help eliminate the threat. An offshoot of this theory can be that she wanted to impress them, and didn't panic, instead using her heroism to improve her standing among her new friends.
Two: Still viewing the SSS as enemies, she split into two, so that she could keep an eye on them while dealing with Yuri seperately, the only one who still completely untrusted her. Harmonics was actually a perfected move and the ability to form it as an evil split was something she was aware of.

I'm more partial to One, and there are some discrepancies with Two (such as why she didn't just let the fish eat them), but it's a possible enemy Tenshi path.

I do have another theory, ignoring Harmonics though.
The being Tachibana Kanade is a special being entered into the afterlife by some greater observing being (God?). The point to her existence is to regulate the flow of humans through the afterlife. However, given the power to self-evolve, she begins to stray from her intended path, and so the greater being adds another one of her, this time with more focus on her mission.

I really don't like this though, since it ruins a happy end for Kanade, and sounds pretty cheesy.
Old 2010-05-15, 19:26   Link #155
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by quzqazqaz View Post
Spoiler for ...:
That couldnt possibly be an after image at all.

EDIT: Sarcasm directed at there being two people in the second image, the other speculation is a possibility.

Last edited by alu546; 2010-05-15 at 21:34.
Old 2010-05-15, 20:27   Link #156
Qikz

Spoiler for Episode 7:

Thing that makes me think this, is she claims she has to help them/save them, but she can't do that in Defensive form.
Old 2010-05-15, 20:52   Link #157
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Thing that makes me think this, is she claims she has to help them/save them, but she can't do that in Defensive form.
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-15, 21:04   Link #158
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Well, I wrote that she "indirectly" made her. I think that Yuri "hampered" Harmonics from her last hack into Kanade's PC.
YES we finally have something that sticks, good job. ( ̄。 ̄) Would also explain her sudden absence.
You really think Yuri is capable of hacking a computer?
I mean when from the looks of her flashback she didn't even know what a computer was before she died .
So to me feels like both of you just want to come up with a reason to blame Yurippe for this, and make her out to be the villain . Also we saw what they were doing on her computer the whole time, and Christ didn't really seem to modify anything then.
MAL
Old 2010-05-16, 01:42   Link #159
Eater of All
NOM

Kanade's Harmonic twin sister malfunctioning sounds the most plausible at the moment to me. It explains:
- Why she's never used it before (because it's still being tested / is incomplete)
- A logical beginning to the crisis (during the fish thing)
- Whatever the hell happened with the Harmonics clone when the anime never showed it again afterwards (it went rogue)
- Where Yuri ran off to, according to this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjl View Post
Maybe Yuri noticed the clone. She was the only one that didn't help reel in the fish and afterwards, she's the only one that wasn't standing with the group admiring their catch.
Maybe she noticed and followed the clone and then got attacked.
Also, my theory for why Kanade has all these skill hax: She was a genius programmer in her previous life. It just so happens that this afterlife functions like in a computer, and she has found a way to manipulate the programs.
Old 2010-05-16, 09:58   Link #160
blitz1/2

Quote:
You really think Yuri is capable of hacking a computer?
I mean when from the looks of her flashback she didn't even know what a computer was before she died .
So to me feels like both of you just want to come up with a reason to blame Yurippe for this, and make her out to be the villain . Also we saw what they were doing on her computer the whole time, and Christ didn't really seem to modify anything then.
It wasn't Yuri that hacked it, but she did order that Teruyama/glasses guy to do it. So while copying, he may have screwed up some of the files (I mean, it sometimes happens to me when I burn dvds)

And, maybe you're trying to make Yuri appear like a saint. . No, we haven't saw what they did completely, we only saw them browse through Guard skills, and copy bar. And knowing Yuri's personality, why WOULDN'T she modify/sabotage it?

Closed Thread