AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-31, 13:49   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion

The purpose of this thread is to discuss, critique and idolize the Voice Actor cast of Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon. Please remember that the discussion should center on their performances as professional voice actors and not on the show content (which can be discussed in the various Episode threads). Please remember this simple rule when critiquing a VA's performance or reading another forum member's critique:
  • Don't take it personally.
    In other words, you’re free to disagree with another person’s opinion, but don’t flame them if they offer a well written and well thought out analysis that differs from your own opinion. Keep it civil.

• Voice Actors are human.
    Yes, it’s true. They’re human. Therefore, don’t just indiscriminately rip them and their work apart as if they’re inorganic objects. You don’t have to praise them non-stop, but be thoughtful in your criticism.
This thread might duplicate some discussion in the Episode threads, but it can also serve to demystify various VA roles, disseminate VA information (VA Bios, VA photos, etc) and provide cast information of various types as well as discussion about performances.
Old 2011-11-02, 19:05   Link #2
Allen
メインヒロイン

I was worried before watching the first episode because the number of characters is huge, but now I'm really satisfied with the casting in general. Personally, FukuJun and Minorin as the main characters are really "perfect" to me. I can easily "hear" Toori speaking while reading the novel now

Other choices that made me really happy were:

Saito Chiwa as Kimi (more than perfect),
Yuuki Aoi as Suzu (will comment more on this next week),
Nakahara Mai as "Musashi" (my M spirit!),
Shintani Ryoko as Kazuno (it's really the same as the futsutte iuna!?).

Only Futayo's voice that bothers me a little, maybe because it's been some time since I have heard Kobayashi Yuu doing a more serious female character?
Old 2011-11-07, 21:47   Link #3
davicopetez
Casual japanese wannabe

Excelent voice acting in my opinion.
The thing that actually made me scream like a School girl in the middle of a bishounen exhibition was Muneshige the bloddedge I mean, Tomokazu Sugita and then Minako. I am fine with the rest of the cast too :V
Old 2011-11-07, 23:11   Link #4
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

IMO, voice tone of "Musashi" and other Captain is kinda weird and unsuit with their appearance.
Old 2011-11-09, 05:13   Link #5
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
IMO, voice tone of "Musashi" and other Captain is kinda weird and unsuit with their appearance.
Well, they are supposed to not show any emotion at all, so I think it's fine. But yeah, in the sixth episode "Musashi" and "Shinagawa" voices were a little strange...

Yuuki Aoi voice acting in the last episode was very powerful and taking into account that she is the same seiyuu from a certain BL writer in another anime this season, I just have to say that she is my fav seiyuu of this season
Old 2011-12-18, 01:19   Link #6
Kunagisa

Besides Jouji Nakata's awesome Innocentius voice, this episode has gotta be the episode that received most praises for the VA's ability.

FukuJun's declaration of war against the war is ridiculously good, then Minorin's just good at the robot roles.

Quote:
@kawakamiminoru
川上稔
ここ、福山さん、一回だけ自主リテークしました。「半呼吸ズレた」という理由で。実は皆が「いいじゃん!  今ので!」「いや絶対やる!」という凄い現場でした。そして次で完全に合わせる福山さん凄すぎるという…… 。
12 hours ago via web

FukuJun requested only one retake for that scene, reason being he's half a breath behind. Even though everyone said it's already very good, he still wanted to redo it. I don't even know what to say when the next take is a complete perfect match ...
Isn't it wonderful that the VAs absolutely adore the roles they perform? The comic strip here is drawing the behind the scenes with the VAs (which is why Kimi's boobs are so much smaller cause Chiwa is normal www), and FukuJun is the one going around explaining to the co-workers the characters. Jouji also often posts on his twitter that he loves the book as well. The best performances are done with love.

I'll repeat what I said in the general thread again, it's so great to be a fan of this series.
Old 2011-12-18, 17:38   Link #7
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Besides Jouji Nakata's awesome Innocentius voice, this episode has gotta be the episode that received most praises for the VA's ability.

FukuJun's declaration of war against the war is ridiculously good, then Minorin's just good at the robot roles.

Isn't it wonderful that the VAs absolutely adore the roles they perform? The comic strip here is drawing the behind the scenes with the VAs (which is why Kimi's boobs are so much smaller cause Chiwa is normal www), and FukuJun is the one going around explaining to the co-workers the characters. Jouji also often posts on his twitter that he loves the book as well. The best performances are done with love.

I'll repeat what I said in the general thread again, it's so great to be a fan of this series.
Ah yes, it's indeed great to see that the VA love this show so much Btw, can we have a translation of the comic strip ?
Old 2011-12-20, 08:49   Link #8
Zeroblade
エロ大魔王

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Ah yes, it's indeed great to see that the VA love this show so much Btw, can we have a translation of the comic strip ?
I've posted a translation of the comic here → link. I rushed editing and typesetting though so it doesn't look all that nice orz
Closed Thread