AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-13, 19:05   Link #101
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
The censorship is required, though, right? It's either a censorship mark over "certain parts" or no random nudity at all. They've gotta please the broadcasters. :P Though I don't watch many shows that have nudity, so I may be wrong.

In any case, I thought the random guy's face for censorship was there and thought it was hilarious. I really hate it when I'm watching an anime I like and suddenly have to stare at bare breasts, so I'm glad they censored it. Without the random guy's face there, those scenes wouldn't have been funny at all. I thought it was a clever way to quickly change a boring random fanservice scene into something funny.
I guess most ppl protest the censorship are not because those parts are covered, but what kind of thing is used to cover those parts. Something like loli's face or cute mascot can yield the same result but a middle-age man's face is just a virtual nightmare.
Old 2007-07-13, 19:19   Link #102
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
I know it's supposed to be humorous, but I just have never liked those censor pictures in anime. >< I'd really prefer something more natural, for example, if you want to cover nipples, have the girl be further in the water (so you can't see them), or have her hair cover them, something like that.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 20:04   Link #103
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
I know it's supposed to be humorous, but I just have never liked those censor pictures in anime. >< I'd really prefer something more natural, for example, if you want to cover nipples, have the girl be further in the water (so you can't see them), or have her hair cover them, something like that.
You see, that would be the best way to censor it instead of gay ugly faces of an old man. At least the comedy somewhat makes up for it
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 21:28   Link #104
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode. ^^

Wow. Someone thought hanging yourself would make you taller. That's a first for me.

Who was that guy censoring the boobs and such?

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 21:29   Link #105
Polaryzed_123
Workin' sux!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via MSN to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via Yahoo to Polaryzed_123
Never heard anything about this series, DL'd it just because I was still waiting for LS, LoveCom, and others. Boy was I surprised! I loved it. Very well done. looking forward to ep 2. At first I didn't know if the censorship was a gag by the subbers or if it was in the show. Didn't bother me too much though. I like how the face is always looking at the good parts...:P The combo of the chalkboard, music, and dialog was fantastic. And I thought I was just killin time.
Polaryzed_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 22:24   Link #106
Mez

love the arty style.
Mez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 22:54   Link #107
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The face is apparently that of the mangaka's assistant, known as Maeda-kun. He is a stock character in works by the mangaka (Kumeta Kouji) and has even appeared in someone else's manga. The idea of using his face to censor bits of a scene is new in the anime, however.

I didn't mind it. It was funny. But I didn't pay much attention to it, either. They may move on to something else later. At least once in a while, I kind of like this obvious way of censoring things, rather than the sneakier ways that are normal. I think it's part of Shinbou's wild style, and pretty artsy in itself.

The information about Maeda-kun comes from this page in the Japanese wiki for the anime, which is a new part of the wiki for the manga.

Thanks to a.f.k. for the sub, which made things a lot clearer for me, and made me like the show even more.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 23:25   Link #108
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't mind it either. XD

And yesh thanks for a.f.k for subbing it and the notes at the end. ^^

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 00:46   Link #109
Darmani

Location: Michigan ... Rochester Hills by some gas station and my job
Send a message via Yahoo to Darmani
I'm...not getting the inside jokes. why would there be callback references to so many other shows but what I *assume* is the company/studio/director who does this one.

Don't laugh. I haven't seen Negima. I didn't like the animation and the review I heard of it made it sound like Tenchi Muyo without the option of enjoying it as a scifantasy and the fanservice turned WAAAAAY up. Anything important I missed?

If I understand correctly this show is like the anti-negima/GTO/coolteacherreachesouttodiverseandtroubledstudentsg enre?
Darmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 02:47   Link #110
Lunacy

I would also like to thank a.f.k for doing a great job subbing this series. Zetsubou Sensei seems to rely heavily on kanji wordplay and the sub made it easier to understand. I laughed out loud so much when:

Spoiler for Episode 1 joke:

Anyway, I hope that Itoshiki sensei will continue with his low self-esteem because it is too hilarious! It would also be great to see Itoshiki sensei actually become a good teacher in the end. Either way, I can sense that this series will be really special. (The manga won the Kodansha shounen award, afterall).

Also, I am anticipating the release date for the OST and the ED song is great!
Lunacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 10:23   Link #111
FoxHound9
らき☆すた fanatic

Many thanks to a.f.k.
I also enjoyed the first episode of Zetsubou Sensei, although I was left feeling minorly depressed (lol).
Yeah the joke Lunacy mentioned also made me laugh out loud, as well as the part when
Spoiler for joke:

I'll be watching this series^^
FoxHound9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 11:15   Link #112
LKK

I'm not sure what to think of the first episode. I've never seen anything quite like it before in an anime. I'm curious to see if they can keep the absurdist comedy coming. Definitely gonna watch future episodes.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 14:57   Link #113
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
I agree on the censored parts... but I just don't care for censoring things in anime with silly pictures (it also appears in Hayate, as another example).
When you think about the time of day Hayate is shown, they're needed & work with the humor of the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I did enjoy the chalk board refs alot, wonder if thats gonna continue or not.
This is a show directed by Shinbo, so of course they're going to continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxHound9 View Post
as well as the part when
Spoiler for joke:
Spoiler for Future speculation:
Old 2007-07-14, 15:01   Link #114
Mr VacBob
yotsuba channel

Send a message via AIM to Mr VacBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
So, who's going to track down all the Chalkboard messages? Or better yet, in the OP there was a discussion that flashed by that appeared to be about a visit to a restaurant of some sort? Could someone explain what that was all about?

TIA!
http://4-ch.net/dqn/kareha.pl/1102173036/3
Yoshinoya is a fast-food noodle place. (that women and children should just stay home from.)
Mr VacBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 15:45   Link #115
okabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
So, who's going to track down all the Chalkboard messages? Or better yet, in the OP there was a discussion that flashed by that appeared to be about a visit to a restaurant of some sort? Could someone explain what that was all about?

TIA!
1st ep's OP had a quote of yoshinoya copy/paste (kopipe), which was extremely popular in 2ch eariler this decade. One guy got pissed off when he went yoshinoya (gyudon-bowl chain) when it was so crowded by the discount promotion they had, and preaches how a real gyudon customer should behave.

http://www.media-k.co.jp/jiten/wiki....4%E8%A1%E4#i15

I think ep2 had a quote of 2ch kopipe... Oh i remember, uchu yabai copipe, which is newer.

http://www.media-k.co.jp/jiten/wiki....4%A6%A1%E4#i25
okabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 16:11   Link #116
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for Episode 2:

Does anyone know how long this show will be? Animenewsnetwork says 12, but is that the final total?
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 16:15   Link #117
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

Does anyone know how long this show will be? Animenewsnetwork says 12, but is that the final total?
AniDB also says 12 which seems very low since the manga is 8 vols currently and ongoing. Im hoping its just a mistype for now. I think ANN has Ghost Hunt listed at 13 epis so the while before they changed it.

Off to dl the raw for 2 now
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 16:25   Link #118
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
AniDB also says 12 which seems very low since the manga is 8 vols currently and ongoing. I'm hoping its just a mistype for now....
The fairly authoritative Japanese site Shoboi Calendar firmly says 12, with the last broadcast on 22 September. Sad but true. I wonder if the comparative low TV ratings of Shinbou's Negima!? cut this series short.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 16:40   Link #119
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I wonder if the comparative low TV ratings of Shinbou's Negima!? cut this series short.
I'd say there's a 50/50 chance its because of that.
Old 2007-07-14, 16:41   Link #120
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Ahhh.... Remaking pani poni dash all over again >.>. I knew it after i seen the episode lol.
garra113 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shaft