Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2004-05-26, 22:05   Link #21
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
I am still worried that members are not allowed to spam while mods can spam...
Umm....I think he was just being sarcastic with that post...if you noticed the only thing he "spammed" was the AS site...
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 22:43   Link #22
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Although AS has 13000 members, theres usually just 100+ who are active, imagine a forum with 13000 active members o_O!!!!! that would be the closest thing to hell for a moderator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
At the rate these n00bs flame and complain about the rules, eventually you guys will have to rename this part of the boards as the "Pointless bitching section".
There's nothing wrong with complaining, sometimes is needed.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 00:51   Link #23
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
i've just noticed that the most users ever online was more than 8000..., wat happened at that time?...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 01:11   Link #24
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Since [cut off] off

Note to Flash_Squirrel: Stupid questions get stupid answers
_Sin_ There is a little difference between a fun and innovative answers, and your answer, which is to me just a way to mock people who are working AND taking away part of their free time to improve and keep this site as clean as possible.

You believe those are lame rules? Look on your upper right, there is a little (X) press it and go, I personally don't need someone who can't apreciate what we do for AS.

As for the spamming thing: I bet you didn't see the original post? Then don't bother, K9Platnum685 knows what he wrote.
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 02:26   Link #25
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
Since this is a rhetorical question, what answer do you expect? Although it is quite a funny thing to imagine how you guys laugh sadistically after banning someone for no reason and give out prizes for the one who banned the most people. (Now which prize did you get, xris? And no, I don't want a prize á la xris (=ban) for writing that ).

After serious thinking I come to the conclusion that the forums and rules are only here to piss us users off. It is GHDPro's masterplan after all: Setting AnimeSuki tracker up was just a pretence to set up the Forums to piss us off

Note to Flash_Squirrel: Stupid questions get stupid answers

Humm... Mods are human too you realize? You can't expect them to never make a single mistake. They too make rash decisions that they can look back on and say "humm... I probably shouldn't have done that". Not very often, but it happens like it happens to everyone.

The balance between getting banned and not banned I think is fair in most cases. They didn't ban several people I would've in a flash if I had the ability- I think they're pretty easy-going as long as you don't straight up start to spam and flame people needlessly.

Oh and I'm all for "Stupid questions get stupid answers" but it's also true that "Stupid people can only give stupid answers" .
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 04:00   Link #26
anime_layer
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to anime_layer
The internet is neither all-for-free nor some sort of anarchy. Every somewhat big webpage takes money and lots of time to operate. If you use a service from such a page and if you get if for free I don't think you can complain much. The pepole who put their work and money into a project have the right to choose how they want to manage it. You can try to help them improve it by saying what you think could be done better but there's no way they would have to listen to you or even do want you think should be done.
If you're not satisfied with the service either don't use it or make your own. If it's free, you take it or leave it.
I really don't like that egozcntric attitude some put up and think that the internet should revolve around them and bend itself to their liking. If the mods want to bash their users and ban every other one they very well can. If you don't like it go complain to the admin and if he doesn't agree with you there's nothing you can do. Either put up with it or keep silent.
Old 2004-05-27, 10:00   Link #27
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

I don't really get it. When you join the forums, you agree that you will follow the rules and regulations that apply to this site. You didn't have a problem accepting it then, what's so different about them now?

Face it. You joined a site run by someone, who asked for certain standards of conduct. By joining you agreed to follow those terms. Thus, you have NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER to bitch afterwards when you are facing the consequences of breaking the rules.

If you were punished for something the rules don't prohibit, then fine, PM the Mod and ask for an explanation. But if you break the "contract" you made with the Admins at the time of joining, you've willingly put yourself at the Mods'/Admins' mercy.

*Edit*
The rules consists of 12 easy-to-get points. If you can't grasp something as simple as those 12 and manage to follow them, you're going to have a real hard time out there in the real world when you have to stand on your own two feet. Most childrens' games are more complex than these rules are.
Old 2004-05-27, 10:12   Link #28
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
Humm... Mods are human too you realize? You can't expect them to never make a single mistake. They too make rash decisions that they can look back on and say "humm... I probably shouldn't have done that". Not very often, but it happens like it happens to everyone.

The balance between getting banned and not banned I think is fair in most cases. They didn't ban several people I would've in a flash if I had the ability- I think they're pretty easy-going as long as you don't straight up start to spam and flame people needlessly.
Humm? I thought I made the sarcasm obvious, but it seems I was wrong (My bad). I mean, why would mods make up rules only to piss the users off?
And I never said they made mistakes, did I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
Oh and I'm all for "Stupid questions get stupid answers" but it's also true that "Stupid people can only give stupid answers" .
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 11:07   Link #29
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3
I don't really get it. When you join the forums, you agree that you will follow the rules and regulations that apply to this site. You didn't have a problem accepting it then, what's so different about them now?
Well said, AG3. If someone doesn't like the way a certain forum is run, he should join another. There will always be boards that are absolutely teeming with spam and crappily written posts; likewise, there will always be boards whose staff attempt to maintain a higher level of quality.

Quote:
You are also a mod from other forums? for how long?... me... for 2 years now...
Only since we upgraded to VB3.... that'd be a couple of months, I guess.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 21:24   Link #30
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
There's a great anime fourm saying we must listen to. "The amount of people pissed off at you just means that they just pay attention."

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3
Yes, you do agree with them. I mean, come on. You have to be pretty stupid to complain about the rules after agreeing to them. So to all those idiots who think they can whine about the conditions they agreed to they should just shut up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3
Face it. You joined a site run by someone, who asked for certain standards of conduct. By joining you agreed to follow those terms. Thus, you have NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER to bitch afterwards when you are facing the consequences of breaking the rules.
They try to drill it into their heads. They really do, but it turns out most of the people don't even read the rules to get the clear picture. These people are just here to cause trouble and/or to take up space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3
If you were punished for something the rules don't prohibit, then fine, PM the Mod and ask for an explanation. But if you break the "contract" you made with the Admins at the time of joining, you've willingly put yourself at the Mods'/Admins' mercy.
Not accord to the n00bs. They think they run the whole damn server. They think they don't need to ask stupid little questions that take all of 15 seconds of their lives even after they get banned. Afterwards they tell others to avoid the fourm at all cost because they're made up of a bunch of assholes. Damn baby n00bs. I think the ban should be peermanent. As in no dice because they piss off hundreds to thousands of people at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3
*Edit*
The rules consists of 12 easy-to-get points. If you can't grasp something as simple as those 12 and manage to follow them, you're going to have a real hard time out there in the real world when you have to stand on your own two feet. Most childrens' games are more complex than these rules are.
Well hot damn! Everyone's going to have a problem in the real world (hell, most don't have common sense to get them through the day.)

Also, some of the stupid n00bs talk in 133t or computer language which is really stupid and makes me feel lke my brain cells are being ripped out one-by-one.

Urge to kill 133tists...... rising.......
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 21:37   Link #31
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Yes, you do agree with them. I mean, come on. You have to be pretty stupid to complain about the rules after agreeing to them. So to all those idiots who think they can whine about the conditions they agreed to they should just shut up.
Then I'll ask you, why does this AnimeSuki has a Forum & Site Feedback and allows such threads? Definitely not because the staff laughs at how the thread starter gets bashed. I mean they could easily close such threads and ban the guy who tries to "revolt". But they didn't which shows that they do care about us and our opinions (which is sometimes more or less mature ).
To sum it up: You can argue about the topic of this thread but you shouldn't say it is useless because you are backed up by the majority. Imagine someone comes up with good ideas but he can't post them because he agreed to the rules beforehand. Nobody is perfect and that's why the rules are not set in stone for eternity but only that long until someone sees fit to change them for the better.

Flash_Squirrel, still mad at me?
Old 2004-05-27, 21:56   Link #32
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Then I'll ask you, why does this AnimeSuki has a Forum & Site Feedback and allows such threads? Definitely not because the staff laughs at how the thread starter gets bashed. I mean they could easily close such threads and ban the guy who tries to "revolt". But they didn't which shows that they do care about us and our opinions (which is sometimes more or less mature ).
To sum it up: You can argue about the topic of this thread but you shouldn't say it is useless because you are backed up by the majority. Imagine someone comes up with good ideas but he can't post them because he agreed to the rules beforehand. Nobody is perfect and that's why the rules are not set in stone for eternity but only that long until someone sees fit to change them for the better.
I know where you're getting at, but why attempt to quostion the rules? I mean, that's like sppeeding into death.

Why is there a fourm called Fourm & Site Feedback? Because it's there for real complaints, not attempts of manipulation of an admin, espacially when you have gotten banned in the past so these people should pack up and hit the road. Maybe someone wouldn't flame him if it weren't for the fact he was banned in the past.

Real complaints:

Why does it take forever to load?

Why did you let :insert name here: harrass me?(NOT to be phrased as: "WTF did I get yelled at and :insert name here: didn't even get scolded, you :insert inslt here:?!?!?!?)

Why was the site down for a day?

Iggnorant/Stupid obvious questions/complaints:

Why can't I support bootlegs on your site?

You guys suck.

I hate the rules, so I ain't gonna listen to you! or something along those lines.)

why did i g3t y3113d at??? i did noth1n wr0ng u lsrs! (speaking in 133t and insulting others.)

K9Platnum685 is trying to pull a pathetic attempt to get supporters by trying to question the rules even though he/she accepted the "Almighty greatness of the Rules" then tries to bitch about them. That, my inquizitive friend, is a stupid arguement.

THE END (copyrighted 5-27-04. All rights reserved.)
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 22:16   Link #33
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
I know where you're getting at, but why attempt to quostion the rules? I mean, that's like sppeeding into death.
If you are hinting at that the mods will shoot him just because he wanted to discuss the rules, I'll have to disagree. Why should someone be banned for criticism? Pay the Forum staff respect? Hell, yes. Send your brain into hibernation because of the assumption that the staff is flawless in everything they do? Never; why? Because they can make mistakes, too. If they wouldn't they would be emotionless rule-enforcer-bots.

Quote:
Why is there a fourm called Fourm & Site Feedback? Because it's there for real complaints, not attempts of manipulation of an admin, espacially when you have gotten banned in the past so these people should pack up and hit the road. Maybe someone wouldn't flame him if it weren't for the fact he was banned in the past.
Manipulating an admin? How? If he can "maniplulate" the admins to change the rules through reasonable and good arguments, then hell, I want the admins to be manipulative! And about the banned thingy: I don't know why he got banned before (since Dranz banned him it has something to do with Naruto), but this does not mean he's some sort of low life. Don't be too quick to judge people because they can change, just like the Forum rules if there is a necessity for it.

Quote:
Real complaints:

Why does it take forever to load?

Why did you let :insert name here: harrass me?(NOT to be phrased as: "WTF did I get yelled at and :insert name here: didn't even get scolded, you :insert inslt here:?!?!?!?)

Why was the site down for a day?

Iggnorant/Stupid obvious questions/complaints:

Why can't I support bootlegs on your site?

You guys suck.

I hate the rules, so I ain't gonna listen to you! or something along those lines.)

why did i g3t y3113d at??? i did noth1n wr0ng u lsrs! (speaking in 133t and insulting others.)
Again, don't be too quick to judge what real and what false complaints are. Since this thread is still open, it can't be that much of a false complaint. And the complaint is definitely not on the same level like your examples with AOLese or the flames you gave as an example.

Quote:
K9Platnum685 is trying to pull a pathetic attempt to get supporters by trying to question the rules even though he/she accepted the "Almighty greatness of the Rules" then tries to bitch about them. That, my inquizitive friend, is a stupid arguement.
I already addressed this point in my previous post.
Beware I can't sleep, therefore I'm dangerous at the moment
Old 2004-05-27, 22:29   Link #34
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Then I'll ask you, why does this AnimeSuki has a Forum & Site Feedback and allows such threads?
Though it seems to have been a trend as of late, the Forum & Site Feedback forum was not created as a soapbox for people to insult moderators or criticize the relevancy of the rules. However, that's all perfectly acceptable because it is feedback. This forum was created to criticize the rest of the forum, including the rules. If users think a rule is unfair, then they can post their thoughts on it here and it may or may not be discussed by the moderator team.

However, there's a lot more to feedback than rule criticism. There have been many threads about feature requests, changes in the layout, connection problems, etc. Very informative threads where users give their thoughts on the matters that relate to how the forum is run, and how they want the forum to look. In the reputation thread, there are many discussions about ways to change the reputation system, or people's thoughts on whether or not negative reputation should remain intact.

Feedback is a necessary part of improving forum software. I mean, if you don't get any feedback, how the heck do you know what you should do?
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 22:40   Link #35
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Though it seems to have been a trend as of late, the Forum & Site Feedback forum was not created as a soapbox for people to insult moderators or criticize the relevancy of the rules. However, that's all perfectly acceptable because it is feedback. This forum was created to criticize the rest of the forum, including the rules. If users think a rule is unfair, then they can post their thoughts on it here and it may or may not be discussed by the moderator team.

However, there's a lot more to feedback than rule criticism. There have been many threads about feature requests, changes in the layout, connection problems, etc. Very informative threads where users give their thoughts on the matters that relate to how the forum is run, and how they want the forum to look. In the reputation thread, there are many discussions about ways to change the reputation system, or people's thoughts on whether or not negative reputation should remain intact.

Feedback is a necessary part of improving forum software. I mean, if you don't get any feedback, how the heck do you know what you should do?
Actually I did know that their is feedback to improve the forum software etc. I just wanted to point out that the feedback forums are also there to criticize our circumstances now to improve them later on - which also includes discussion about rules. Look at the Naruto Forums, they got a gigantic thread about the rules and they adapt them to the needs of the users there. I could have shortened this by saying I agree to what you said, but I wanted to elaborate on the points
Old 2004-05-27, 23:23   Link #36
roguenoir
Rogue Member

Compared to the Animenation forums, I'd say it's a whole different level of strictness.. I fear for the future of this thread...
roguenoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 00:18   Link #37
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguenoir
Compared to the Animenation forums, I'd say it's a whole different level of strictness.. I fear for the future of this thread...
What is that supposed to be? A passive-agressive means of control? You make it seem that if we don't close the thread it is because we are afraid to prove you right.

We have never pre-emptorily closed a thread that criticises our work unless the members in it start to flame each other. AnimeSuki is about open discourse, even if that discourse criticises AnimeSuki itself. The only discourse we oppose is when it ceases to be civil. All of the rules we have are only here to keep it civil so that many different types of things can be discussed without people starting to hate on each other.

If you want to hate us for that, then fine. It is better than hating on each other.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 04:53   Link #38
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
Ha! your a memeber of animenation forums too?... im one of the senior members there...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 05:56   Link #39
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguenoir
If you really think the moderators are big monsters you can still leave the forum, you know where is the door, don't you? ^^
There are a lot of threads like this open, but they died because there was a reason : the moderators are good and there is no reason to say that they're doing a bad job.
Old 2004-05-28, 08:47   Link #40
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Ha! your a memeber of animenation forums too?... im one of the senior members there...
That was your last chance of adding a completely off-topic post in a thread like this one.

I'm tempted to prune all your useless posts in this thread, but I'll just drop it.. for now. Don't make me repeat myself ><
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote