AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-03, 12:22   Link #401
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

the otter 11 mangaka cracks me up, i wish they would make a spinoff of the otter 11 mangaka.
Old 2009-07-03, 12:31   Link #402
kakakka

They played that Assistant falling for that drawing mangaka now XD (I still can't get a hold of their names...)

So yeah, some cliffhanger there. Wish it's not that bad, but I wouldn't be surprised if they take some break from drawing mangas for a while...
Old 2009-07-03, 13:03   Link #403
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Lol agreed with xellos.

It'd be hilarious if it turns out that the mangakas' personalities in Bakuman were all based on real life personalities (i.e. Oda, Kishimoto etc).
Old 2009-07-03, 13:44   Link #404
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I think this is going to be one of those cliffhanger with anticlimactic conclusion. He probably will be fine but him collapsing will probably raise the doubt whether or not he could keep up being a manga artist.
Old 2009-07-03, 14:30   Link #405
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Next chapter I see Mashiro wanting to work hard like always but chief telling him not to end up like his uncle, and at the same time Neijima doing something unexpected.
Old 2009-07-03, 14:46   Link #406
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I think this is going to be one of those cliffhanger with anticlimactic conclusion. He probably will be fine but him collapsing will probably raise the doubt whether or not he could keep up being a manga artist.
Yeah, you are probably right, when I think about it, even though I wish it could have longer-term repercussions. The thing is, though, it is a shounen story, so seeing him struggling with something like a heart condition would be too much drama.

At least, he won't be able to beat Eiji at the moment, and his dream of having an anime will be postponed for a while.
Old 2009-07-04, 22:37   Link #407
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the otter 11 mangaka cracks me up, i wish they would make a spinoff of the otter 11 mangaka.
Yeah, if he's based on someone real, I want to meet them
Old 2009-07-05, 04:14   Link #408
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

They could always go down the route of Miho finding out and getting worried. Her mum will tell her not to make the same mistake she did because she will risk losing him before they could ever get together.
Old 2009-07-05, 21:40   Link #409
ShootingStars

man i know its a nice romance story but like
never MEETING until dreams come true... come on man is he going to stay virgin forever!
Old 2009-07-05, 22:28   Link #410
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Man.... All I'm saying is, it better not be a brain tumor!!!!!!!! I'll be pissed!!!
Old 2009-07-05, 23:03   Link #411
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I think he it won't be anything serious but he overworking himself unnecessarily. It is not like they are behind, they have a lot of chapters already on queue.
Old 2009-07-06, 02:47   Link #412
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
Man.... All I'm saying is, it better not be a brain tumor!!!!!!!! I'll be pissed!!!
I don't think they'll make it much more than just overwork. I'm pretty sure Bakuman won't turn soap opera on all of us.

Mind, it would be hilarious if Mashiro really has the Incurable Blood-Coughing Terminal Illness condition for real. That would put a whole new spin on the "anime before graduation!" deal.
Old 2009-07-06, 06:18   Link #413
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I just realized.

If they made Bakuman into an anime it would be the largest JUMP propaganda anime ever. It can add filler episodes to promote new mangas from the magazine itself. Not just Shounen Jump, but Ultra Jump, Akamaru ETC ETC ETC ETC! The main characters can walk up into the Jump office and all of a sudden you get to see all these posters and anime merchandises of the new mangas. Or they could be talking to Hattori then they would over-hear someone else in the other booth (who happens to be an actual real life new mangaka) talking to his editor about their manga.
Old 2009-07-06, 06:57   Link #414
ShootingStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I don't think they'll make it much more than just overwork. I'm pretty sure Bakuman won't turn soap opera on all of us.

Mind, it would be hilarious if Mashiro really has the Incurable Blood-Coughing Terminal Illness condition for real. That would put a whole new spin on the "anime before graduation!" deal.
lol terminal ftw.... would make the drama big haha
Old 2009-07-10, 08:39   Link #415
Dark Mage

Having part of your liver is supposed to be bad right? I really like Bakuman because it once again showed us how hard it is for a mangaka. But I gotta say Azuki and Mashiro really are stupid, she came all this way to see him, and they just talk without even looking at each other? Doesn't make sense. Azuki should've just walked in. Its like the whole Bakuman manga is based on reality and the romance in it is one that you get in Fairy-Tales that are all pure and innocent but romance like that almost never work out in real life. The same thing is gonna happen in Bakuman
Old 2009-07-10, 10:29   Link #416
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well since everything else is real, at least the romance must be work of fantasy
Damn that cliffhangarr, they got me this week! Wonder what she'll say to him.
Old 2009-07-10, 11:27   Link #417
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Well since everything else is real, at least the romance must be work of fantasy
Damn that cliffhangarr, they got me this week! Wonder what she'll say to him.
i think she will break up with him.
Old 2009-07-10, 12:38   Link #418
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i think she will break up with him.
If that happens, I think his heart might stop on the spot.
Old 2009-07-10, 13:22   Link #419
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I didn't know this series was by the author of Death Note. Guess I'll give it a read.
Old 2009-07-10, 13:33   Link #420
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

the cliffhangars are really getting to me every week. i think she could say that if he continued to work while in hospital she would break up with him. that could work. thiugh i doubt that she would just break up with him. kato's reaction was joaks. Azuki looking like a doll.

Tags
manga, shounen