AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you prefer girls with or without make-up?
With 26 18.31%
Without 116 81.69%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-04-29, 15:24   Link #201
Lonestar9

Send a message via Yahoo to Lonestar9
Makeup done right is a plus, so I prefer girl with some makeup. My wife doesn't use much, so when she does it looks great on her. I've always preferred a bit of makeup though, even before we met.
Lonestar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 17:49   Link #202
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I have to say, the best beauty enhancer is a smile! (D'awwwww...)

But really, a little bit of make-up is okay, but I think any makeup you actually notice is bad. When the makeup is subtle I guess it's fine.

What really drives me up the wall is:

a) Bleaching hair, I like Brunettes, thank you very much
b) Fake Tan, paleness is a great thing(sounds so racist...), in Ireland it's unnatural to permanently look like you just came back from a holiday in Spain. Most Irish people are naturally pale as ghosts, but you wouldn't realise that if you looked at the girls walking around. Girls are all 2 or 3 shades darker then guys. It's really strange. They're also all orange.
c) Excessive Foundation, when you can see it's literally caked on.
d) Talons for nails, how do you manage to operate a keyboard with those things? Also please don't gouge my eyes out...
e) Weird pouffy hair that couldn't exist without hairspray, it's just weird looking.

I prefer Women au naturel. Women are naturally attractive on their own, our speices would have long since died out if they weren't!
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 23:17   Link #203
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Without make-up obviously. I mean, just think about what that girl would look like WITH make-up on IF she already looks pretty/cute/hawt wearing no make-up...@_@

Though, sometimes it's just nice to see them wearing a little here and there, but too much is over kill. I've seen really like "hawt" girls with a crap ton of make-up, but I always wonder what they would look like after someone threw a bucket of water on their face xD,

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 23:31   Link #204
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Without, of course!
I want girls, no circus clowns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
What really drives me up the wall is:

b) Fake Tan, paleness is a great thing
Fully agree there, greatly prefer pale as well
Fake tan is just plain nauseating.

For hair, girls with freaky hair styles requiring tons of hair spray make me run away screaming
I can't stay perms or other freaky hair styles as well. hair should be straight, optionally put in a ponytail (or a twintail, but it's impossible to find a girl with that over here).
Slight preference towards blonde and black. Don't care if it's bleached, as long as it doesn't look too artificial.
Old 2011-04-30, 03:07   Link #205
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, this has been one heck of a thread...

Well, here's my stance.

The purpose of makeup is to be an enhancement of the natural beauty that is the human body. If you add a little eyeliner and lipstick as a woman, or hair gel and moisturiser if you're a man, which causes you to feel a bit better about yourself each day, makes people look at you more positively but still see you as the same person you were without out, then what is wrong with that?

Fact of life - you can never please everyone. It's impossible. The most important thing when it comes to your body and how you look is to be able to like and love what you see in the mirror, but know that it is still the real you and that you haven't drastically altered yourself simply to please others. You are what comes first. Do what makes you feel good and makes you love your body. Your body is the greatest thing you will have in your lifetime. Treat it with respect and don't do something that will make you feel good for a few years then ten years later leave your body ruined/on the verge of death.

Beauty is a nice thing but it's not worht dying over or compromising the person you are over it. There is a way, a combination to combine the person you are and a few elements that will enhance who you are. There is no one way for all. There is no magical solution. People have different body shapes, proportions, colours, preferences, values. You are the sum of your own body, your experiences, your likes, along with financial and cultural restraints. What works for someone else doesn't necessarily work for you. Other people don't know the experiences, aspirations and values that define who you are. Ultimately, what makeup combo that properly compliments you is something you will have to determine for yourself. Do it for yourself so that you feel good about it and not to please your partner or peers simply for the sake that it's what they want but you don't. That isn't worth it.

As for the makeup itself, like I said above, it is nice to see some in a complimentary form. I don't want to see a person laying it on so thick their actual face is so glossed and masked I can't tell what it actually looks like or what kind of vibe they give off. As for the 'natural look', I'd like to give a bit of advice. Guys, you may think you know what a woman without makeup looks like. But the simple fact is, you probably don't. I've seen several real-life tests of women with and without makeup being shown to guys who said they prefer the 'natural look', yet they all picked the one wearing makeup. When pressed about it, they then redefined what they preferred as a level of makeup that compliments a woman's natural beauty but not to a degree that masks who a person is and ends up being the only visible/likeable feature.

As for whether both genders 'should' do it - ultimately, it is up to the individual. However, if society puts so much pressure on women to put so much effort to do it, why do men get off so lightly? Shouldn't men also be obliged to make some form of effort to look presentable, or at the very least be hygienic? Male hygiene is rather lax in many cases. The amount of men who won't bother to have a shower, apply fresh deodorant or comb their hair is rather unsettling. Not to mention they think they can rock up to a date in everyday clothes while the woman puts in a lot of effort in a dress and makeup. If you're going to expect women to make the effort, try and do something as well yourself, guys. Because I find it rather off-putting when I get the stench of a group of men who haven't washed up (and I have a weak sense of smell, yet that is one of the few things I can detect). And so do other men. I recently had a conversation with a couple of male friends about that and we all strongly agreed men not bothering to show proper hygiene is pathetic and shouldn't be tolerated. Imagine what women think but aren't voicing because they're being polite. As for facial hair, it's a little annoying but a few minutes spent shaving tames it and isn't a pain. Women have more areas to monitor body hair on. Plus men having to put up with facial hair is hardly an issue compared to women having to tolerate the menstrual cycle.

As for what I do myself, I'm not tall, glamourous, FAB-ulous, McSteamy or Musclemania. Women find me cute, quite easy to talk to and likeable but so far, never the one they want. I'm fine with that. I don't want to be something I'm not. When it comes to looks, I'll maintain hygeiene, dress up properly in public, dress at a higher standard for more formal occassions. I'm not going to try to please others by doing something I don't like. It isn't worth it. I'd prefer someone to like me for who I am. Having them like my aesthetics and the compliment would be a bonus.

And finally, I'm not going to say what degree is right or wrong, because there is no one right answer for this issue. Do what you feel is right and good for yourself. But don't sell yourself short in the process or do something that will harm your body long-term.

Peace.
Old 2011-04-30, 06:55   Link #206
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
As for the makeup itself, like I said above, it is nice to see some in a complimentary form. I don't want to see a person laying it on so thick their actual face is so glossed and masked I can't tell what it actually looks like or what kind of vibe they give off. As for the 'natural look', I'd like to give a bit of advice. Guys, you may think you know what a woman without makeup looks like. But the simple fact is, you probably don't. I've seen several real-life tests of women with and without makeup being shown to guys who said they prefer the 'natural look', yet they all picked the one wearing makeup. When pressed about it, they then redefined what they preferred as a level of makeup that compliments a woman's natural beauty but not to a degree that masks who a person is and ends up being the only visible/likeable feature.
My limit is covering up blemishes, a consistent skin tone is not a bad thing. But too many women take it too far. Also, I'd say the excessive makeup can create the same blemishes they have to cover up. But the right level of makeup is when you just don't notice it. Okay, maybe the girl will be more attractive if she's got something more dramatic, but most guys don't care that much. Of course it's not all to please guys. But furthermore, if you're making yourself up enough that you look like a different person, and you regard the face you wake up with in the morning as "ugly" you're clearly doing it wrong. Using makeup to create a "slightly better you" is more healthy.

Quote:
As for whether both genders 'should' do it - ultimately, it is up to the individual. However, if society puts so much pressure on women to put so much effort to do it, why do men get off so lightly? Shouldn't men also be obliged to make some form of effort to look presentable, or at the very least be hygienic? Male hygiene is rather lax in many cases. The amount of men who won't bother to have a shower, apply fresh deodorant or comb their hair is rather unsettling. Not to mention they think they can rock up to a date in everyday clothes while the woman puts in a lot of effort in a dress and makeup. If you're going to expect women to make the effort, try and do something as well yourself, guys. Because I find it rather off-putting when I get the stench of a group of men who haven't washed up (and I have a weak sense of smell, yet that is one of the few things I can detect). And so do other men. I recently had a conversation with a couple of male friends about that and we all strongly agreed men not bothering to show proper hygiene is pathetic and shouldn't be tolerated. Imagine what women think but aren't voicing because they're being polite. As for facial hair, it's a little annoying but a few minutes spent shaving tames it and isn't a pain. Women have more areas to monitor body hair on. Plus men having to put up with facial hair is hardly an issue compared to women having to tolerate the menstrual cycle.
Heh, I'm rocking a beard right now and loving it. Before if I went more then 2 or 3 days without shaving it looked terrible! Now I can go 2 or 3 weeks and it looks basically the same. And even when I do shave I can just use an electric Razor, which is so much faster then a conventional razor blade! Electric razors don't work as well for a clean shave of course. Beards-> rock. I also finally look like a man rather then a boy.
Old 2011-05-01, 00:05   Link #207
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Yeah covering up blemishes and stuff isn't bad but the people that wear buckets of makeup to the point where they need a paint scraper to get it all off defiantly are over doing it. A lot of them look like they took butter and just rubbed it all over their faces so I looks really shiny in the light.

And since when did becoming orange make you attractive? Am I the only one confused on that?
Otaku Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 00:09   Link #208
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Guy View Post
And since when did becoming orange make you attractive? Am I the only one confused on that?
She still looks like a skank to me, so I'm right there with you.
Old 2011-05-04, 23:24   Link #209
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Yeah covering up blemishes and stuff isn't bad but the people that wear buckets of makeup to the point where they need a paint scraper to get it all off defiantly are over doing it. A lot of them look like they took butter and just rubbed it all over their faces so I looks really shiny in the light.
Covering up blemishes is still tolerable, I guess, but that's about it.
There are way too many girls putting on that much make-up that they'd be doing great as circus clowns in a circus

Quote:
No. Becoming orange (tan) is just plain gross (where's a puke smiley when you need one?)
Old 2011-05-05, 04:22   Link #210
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
No. Becoming orange (tan) is just plain gross (where's a puke smiley when you need one?)
He was saying it didn't make people attractive. English Idiom.
Old 2011-05-05, 04:26   Link #211
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
He was saying it didn't make people attractive. English Idiom.
And he was agreeing Yeah, I don't like girls with fake tans either, seriously
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 19:30   Link #212
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
And he was agreeing Yeah, I don't like girls with fake tans either, seriously
Girls with true tans from the beach or sports are thumbsup! I personally dig tanned Asian girls...

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 14:39   Link #213
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

if my gf face is naturally beautiful I would only want her to wear just a little bit of make up to give her face that finishing touch.

I hate girls who put heavy amounts of make up or get tans from the tanning booth it just looks gross
Old 2012-06-09, 14:48   Link #214
Sumeragi
Banned

I actually don't use makeup. Never really needed to.

Maybe when I'm older, but for now, I'm fine without it.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 15:03   Link #215
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

a little make up is good, but too much make up can spoil the real beauty
So i prefer without make up,but i like little make up also....but a beautiful face always looks nice with or without make up
Old 2012-06-09, 19:35   Link #216
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Eheheh, 'The Tan'

I've got one of 'those' women at work
You know exactly what I'm talking about when I say "Papyrus"

We're looking at a woman who's skin looks like parchment from the megatude of
hours spent on the beach/under the tanningbooth to get a 'nice healthy color' on her

She is in her 30's, her skin leaped ahead a few more decades

Which brings me to my (male) colleague
If he spent as much time in front of books as he's done in front of the mirror, he wouldn't have flunked highschool
He is also a 'sunworshipper' of which we don't have many natural hours a year,
and if you put me next to him (provided that I'm clean-shaven) You would never guess he's a month younger than me
My sister saw us together once, and couldn't believe we were actually classmates 18 years ago
she thought he was at least 10 years older

So for those under the illusion that a tan will make you look better, please continue nuking the moisture and elasticity out of your skin, so I can continue to make fun of you
Old 2012-06-09, 20:03   Link #217
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Make-up is for those with no confidence in themselves, and members of KISS.

Endless "Warpaint" Soul
Old 2012-06-09, 20:47   Link #218
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Natural is always the best. Why?

1. It's simply natural. It ain't something made to deceive the eyes to look better or worst.
2. It's Gods gift. Ok, you may want to improve His gift a little. Satisfied?
3. It's uniquely your own. You're stuck with it. Stick with it. And be proud of it..

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-06-09 at 22:20.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 21:27   Link #219
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
In my opinion, wearing make-up is kind of like a game of chicken, or playing The Price is Right. There's a certain line or exact value that the closer you get to it the (generally) better it is, but the moment you go over that line, it stands out like a sore thumb. A nice, slight touch of make-up tends to look great on women and probably makes them look even better, but if I'm given a choice between looking at a plain-looking woman's face with no makeup on it or looking at a woman's face with way too much make-up on, I'll take the plain-looking woman's face with no makeup on it.

Achieving the right balance isn't always easy, so I think some people on this thread might be saying "without make-up" because that approach is "the safest approach", in a sense.
Old 2012-06-09, 21:44   Link #220
Ridwan

Subtle make up-beauty is nice, but no make up-beauty is superior.