AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-01-11, 17:33   Link #1
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
I may have a possible Hardware or possibly a program errorI need some advice

Well belive it or not I am back with another problem with my PC everytime I fix something something else seems to go wrong. Oh woe is me !

Anyway my new problem is one I cannot say weather it is a hardware or a software problem. Just about 3 days ago when I was burning a DVD about 37% into burning the disc I realized that my PC has stopped and was frozen well at that time I did not think about it to much but last night I left the PC on overnight and when the monitor automatically switched off and a about 2 hours later the PC froze again it always seems to do this when it is unmaned so it makes it really hard to get a download to actually finish download.

I downloaded EVEREST to check the temperature inside the PC but I found notthing unusual the CPU was at 31 - 35 degrees C at all times and the chipset temperature was about 32 degrees celcius (preety average right ?) SO what do you all think is the problem ? becuase I cannot really think of anyright now and at the time of writing this I doing a virus scan to see if i picked up anything that would make this happen.

EDIT:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...yteverify.html << I just found this little bastard on my PC and I destroyed it think this will solve my probs ?
mxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 17:54   Link #2
RaistlinMajere
Now in MHD!
*Fansubber

Things to try:
-Checking to make sure all drive cables are plugged in correctly, maybe replace old ones (they're cheap anyway)
-Use a multimeter to keep track of your voltages. Never trust software for this.
-Hard drive diagnostics
-Memtest86+
-Less aggressive memory settings in the BIOS
-Reformatting
RaistlinMajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 12:17   Link #3
shiro83

To be doubly sure, I suggest you san your system with adware and spyware removers (eg Microsoft AntiSpyware, Adaware...).

Just an antivirus scan won't help much. Update your definitions before scanning
shiro83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 14:52   Link #4
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
If you're running XP/2K, have you looked in the event viewer?

Right click on My Computer -> Manage, and look in the System category.

Look for anything with a ! or X icon, especially stuff related to cdrom, disk, or ftdisk that has a timestamp around when you burned the disc. Post what you find.
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 15:50   Link #5
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxg
EDIT:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...yteverify.html << I just found this little bastard on my PC and I destroyed it think this will solve my probs ?
No, that does absolutely nothing and will appear on almost everyones system because it is found in the default Java install.

What are your power saving settings?
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote