Notices

Old 2004-04-08, 21:38   Link #41
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka
I just got this game from my friend in hk 2 weeks ago ^^
no it's strategy, sort of like Super robot war
but in g generation you get to develop whole bunch of MS (ex. combining 2 MS together) train and build your own team

I think you will need to know at least a few japanese words in order to play it, but mostly in the game they are kanji like "move, attack, confirm, develop, manufacture, etc" usually after you played for a while, you will most likely to remember what the commands are for ^^b and that's how most people who don't know japanese deal with games like this
You might be confusing SD G Generation with the Gundam Arcade-to-console ports, namely Federation vs. Zeon and A.E.U.G vs. Titans

I've posted a breif description of The Generation Seed game a couple of post back.

Fed vs. Zeon and its sequel, being former arcade games, are somehow restricted in its design. While it takes on a format of team of two vs. team of two and takes on some aspect of unit enhancement. it is essentially a fighting game.

Oh and a side note: unless you are so extremely irritated by the video game localization dubs, I would suggest that you buy the localized Fed v. Zeon and save the import fees (merchant jack-up and shipping + duties.)
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 01:10   Link #42
CardCaptorMoody
Dictator of the World

Location: Canada, In my basement playing DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION
OK... The PS2 Naruto game is NOT a copy of the first GC game, it was made by different people and has a totaly different gameplay style.

The PS2 game, IMO, is definatly not comparable to Dragon Ball Z Budokai in any way. First of all, they are both different styles, Naruto: Narutimate Hero is more of a One Piece/ Smash bros fighter, while DBZ Budokai is just a, close up, generic fighter.

As for Narutimate Hero being very basic and containing no depth at all, i think that that is also not true. I must admit, it does not have the depth present in Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 2 (GC), however, the items add that more fun aspect to the game. The rounds are also significantly longer than those of Naruto 2 (GC). A regular round in Narutimate Hero goes to around 1:00-1:30 while a Naruto 2 round can be as short as 20 seconds (but avereages at around 30seconds).

Basicly, what i am trying to say here is if you enjoy such games as Soul Calibur or those other hardcore fighting games, get Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 2 (GC). However, if you enjoy games like Super Smash Brothers or Power Stone were you can have fun while your playing (IMO), then get Naruto: Narutimate Hero (PS2). Personaly, after playing both games, i prefered Naruto: Narutimate Hero more over the long run, for me the short rounds in Naruto 2 (GC)were just not satifying enough for me, though it is a decent party game.

Now, moving on to Full Metal Alchemist, Seeing that you live in Canada, the chances of you knowing Japanese is low. I got this game, played it for maybe 1 hour max and put it down because i can't read kanji yet and they don't talk out the text. I am not saying the game/gameplay is bad, they were actualy prity good, however when you can't understand what to do next it can get quite frustrating. If you can actualy read and understand Japanese well then go for it. However if you can't, or even can't do it WELL, then don't even bother spending the loads of money importing and such.

Well, hope my information helped, and if you require any more information about Naruto 2 (GC) there is a HUGE thread about it (not sure if it is the Naruto forums or the Game forums).
CardCaptorMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 18:18   Link #43
Kaka
罪人クロノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
You might be confusing SD G Generation with the Gundam Arcade-to-console ports, namely Federation vs. Zeon and A.E.U.G vs. Titans

I've posted a breif description of The Generation Seed game a couple of post back.

Fed vs. Zeon and its sequel, being former arcade games, are somehow restricted in its design. While it takes on a format of team of two vs. team of two and takes on some aspect of unit enhancement. it is essentially a fighting game.

Oh and a side note: unless you are so extremely irritated by the video game localization dubs, I would suggest that you buy the localized Fed v. Zeon and save the import fees (merchant jack-up and shipping + duties.)
hmm.........excuse me
I don't really quite get what are you talking about.....?
or did you quote the wrong person?
Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 16:33   Link #44
sopel
Rei Ayanami

Send a message via ICQ to sopel Send a message via MSN to sopel
Quote:
OK... The PS2 Naruto game is NOT a copy of the first GC game, it was made by different people and has a totaly different gameplay style.

The PS2 game, IMO, is definatly not comparable to Dragon Ball Z Budokai in any way. First of all, they are both different styles, Naruto: Narutimate Hero is more of a One Piece/ Smash bros fighter, while DBZ Budokai is just a, close up, generic fighter.

As for Narutimate Hero being very basic and containing no depth at all, i think that that is also not true. I must admit, it does not have the depth present in Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 2 (GC), however, the items add that more fun aspect to the game. The rounds are also significantly longer than those of Naruto 2 (GC). A regular round in Narutimate Hero goes to around 1:00-1:30 while a Naruto 2 round can be as short as 20 seconds (but avereages at around 30seconds).

Basicly, what i am trying to say here is if you enjoy such games as Soul Calibur or those other hardcore fighting games, get Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 2 (GC). However, if you enjoy games like Super Smash Brothers or Power Stone were you can have fun while your playing (IMO), then get Naruto: Narutimate Hero (PS2). Personaly, after playing both games, i prefered Naruto: Narutimate Hero more over the long run, for me the short rounds in Naruto 2 (GC)were just not satifying enough for me, though it is a decent party game.

Now, moving on to Full Metal Alchemist, Seeing that you live in Canada, the chances of you knowing Japanese is low. I got this game, played it for maybe 1 hour max and put it down because i can't read kanji yet and they don't talk out the text. I am not saying the game/gameplay is bad, they were actualy prity good, however when you can't understand what to do next it can get quite frustrating. If you can actualy read and understand Japanese well then go for it. However if you can't, or even can't do it WELL, then don't even bother spending the loads of money importing and such.

Well, hope my information helped, and if you require any more information about Naruto 2 (GC) there is a HUGE thread about it (not sure if it is the Naruto forums or the Game forums).
Thanks for all the info, you prolly gave the most detailed description I was looking for. Anyways since both Naruto games are similar to SC2 and Smash Bros. Ill try to get my hands on them and try them out. As for FMA, I dont think you can play RPGs without understanding Jap, so that one will have to wait a couple years lol.

TYTY
sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 18:11   Link #45
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopel
Thanks for all the info, you prolly gave the most detailed description I was looking for. Anyways since both Naruto games are similar to SC2 and Smash Bros. Ill try to get my hands on them and try them out. As for FMA, I dont think you can play RPGs without understanding Jap, so that one will have to wait a couple years lol.

TYTY
I do it ALL the time. I beat Generation of Chaos III while hardly understanding a word. If you've seen that game and how many options there are (marry two characters together, have two characters become pals, promote characters to city generals, form armies, slay captured generals, etc, etc...) you'd know that it's entirely possible.

Once you've played enough games, trial and error overcome the language barrier, and you're on your way.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote