AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

View Poll Results: Eden of the East - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 32 39.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 30.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 14.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 10.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-24, 19:48   Link #121
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Uhm no I can't agree with this. Kasuga already decided to spill the bean and told them about the whole Ohsugi's situation. He told them that Ohsugi had a broken heart and all, but there was no reaction at that point (althought it seems like Saki is understanding she's the cause).
So their reaction time was slow. Afterall he did say that he didn't want to speak about it in front of her in the last episode. They just realized too late that he was going to spill the beans due to his own feelings of guilt.

Quote:
After that Kasuga says: "If only I had dragged Ohsugi home after dinner yesterday"

I can't see how this should connect with Saki, he's just talking about a dinner he had with ohsugi. Notice the reactions, there's no anger and no sense of guilt from Saki's part. They all feel embarrased and lean away from him.
How do you not make the connection. She was suppose to go have a meal with him but bailed then it turns out that he went anyway and was clearly broken up over something. Not a hard leap to make.

You call their looks embarrassed ("oh no, how gay"), I saw it as dread ("don't mention that in front of Saki!"). Oh well, difference in interpretation I guess.

Last edited by ~BC~; 2009-05-25 at 06:55.
Old 2009-05-24, 20:37   Link #122
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

1. Sorry for misspelling your nickname, izmosmolnar. I hate it when people do that, and I apologize.

2. I think Kasuga was upset about the gay possibility, but the two only became more embarrassed after they started making too much noise.

3. Yeah, the coincidences were excessive. I just thought that they weren't quite as numerous as Jan-Poo said.

4. It would have been more ideal if Saki had phoned Oosugi earlier, but I don't blame her one iota under the circumstances: she was devastated, felt like a failure, felt ashamed toward her family, etc. She only recovered enough to phone him later. She probably forgot all about him, actually. The meal thing didn't seem to make much of an impression on her when he sprang it on her in the train.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-05-24, 22:52   Link #123
Katsumara
The cake eater.

Yeah. To me, Ohsugi/Oosugi seems a lot like that buzzing fly of a friend that just won't leave you alone. Sure they may be friends, but Saki is clearly uninterested in a romantic type of relationship, and he just doesn't get the hint. A shame he had to get it in the way he did.

Makes me wonder where Ohsugi really is if he wasn't the one in the hood. I think the fact that it was his cellphone/bag may have just been a red herring. The guy didn't *look* like Ohsugi, but maybe it was apart of the illusion? I dunno. This series does a great job in pulling you in.

I hope Akira is okay, though. D:
Old 2009-05-24, 22:58   Link #124
Azuma Denton
~AD~

About the money spent on this eps...

I doubt that, any fund that Selecao cash in can be converted back into Selecao funds again...

It just like credit card...
You buy things using your CC, then you sell it again...
Will your credit amount be converted back again??
Nope right...

So i think, maybe in the next eps, the mall is going to be loaded with 1,6 million yen...
Old 2009-05-24, 23:01   Link #125
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'll just say this... If that does turn out to have been Ohsugi under the hood and his appearance was due to "illusion" that's just plain cheating on the part of the writers AFAIC. That wouldn't be playing fair with the audience. The misdirection with the briefcase and tie and socks, etc? That's fair - a nice bit of creative sleight-of-hand, if that's what it turns out to be.
Old 2009-05-24, 23:05   Link #126
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I highly doubt that covering Ohsugi with a rapist's face was part of the illusion. The phone mentiosn 3 illusions, and based on the scene the 3 most probable are:

1. Diana levitating her target
2. Diana waving her hand ans smashing the windows
3. Diana getting wings and flying away

Think about it, Diana readily admits to being some some sort of feminist vigilante. Unless Ohsugi was a rapist, there's no real reason to lie to Saki and cover him out. It is much more likely that it wasn't Ohsugi, and that being overly inebriated his bag was stolen by the rapist.
Old 2009-05-24, 23:52   Link #127
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsumara View Post
Yeah. To me, Ohsugi/Oosugi seems a lot like that buzzing fly of a friend that just won't leave you alone. Sure they may be friends, but Saki is clearly uninterested in a romantic type of relationship, and he just doesn't get the hint. A shame he had to get it in the way he did.
Lol. What a brutal characterization. I honestly can't think of someone describing their "friend" as a buzzing fly. And giving him those goofy rosy cheeks didn't help with the "ultimate pushover" label either.

As for Diana's issue, it appears to be that she thinks "importing" beautiful foreign males will somehow decrease the amount of rape. Believe it or not, that seemed more weird to me than cutting off 20000 Johnny's.
Old 2009-05-25, 01:28   Link #128
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
As for Diana's issue, it appears to be that she thinks "importing" beautiful foreign males will somehow decrease the amount of rape. Believe it or not, that seemed more weird to me than cutting off 20000 Johnny's.
But "suteki" could also be translated as "great" or "astounding", which would fit better with the context, as she doesn't seem to be talking about physical appearance in particular.
Old 2009-05-25, 01:52   Link #129
taco

The guy under the hood is who he really is or else there would just be too many illusions.
Illusion #1: Wings
Illusion #2: Flying
Illusion #3: Levitating the "rapist"

About the pics..Of course, the pics of the briefcase were definitely Ohsugi's due to the "chibi Saki" doll hooked onto it...but...what IF he was kidnapped by someone else? Think about it.

Doesn't it seem kind've ridiculous that the rapist was able to post pictures online without even looking at the phone? What if he was just pressing random numbers hoping to achieve something but failed?

For all we know, Ohsugi is probably tied to a chair/bed of some sort and was able to get clear eye contact with his phone and post the pictures online. The thing that rattles me is why he didn't call the police.
Old 2009-05-25, 02:01   Link #130
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But "suteki" could also be translated as "great" or "astounding", which would fit better with the context, as she doesn't seem to be talking about physical appearance in particular.
Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks for the info.
Old 2009-05-25, 02:23   Link #131
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
About the money spent on this eps...

I doubt that, any fund that Selecao cash in can be converted back into Selecao funds again...

It just like credit card...
You buy things using your CC, then you sell it again...
Will your credit amount be converted back again??
Nope right...

So i think, maybe in the next eps, the mall is going to be loaded with 1,6 million yen...
In Episode 2 the cop steals Akira's phone because he wants to transfer his funds. So we know that money can be put on the phone to some extent. If its a transfer between 2 players of the game than we can assume that the phones can do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'll just say this... If that does turn out to have been Ohsugi under the hood and his appearance was due to "illusion" that's just plain cheating on the part of the writers AFAIC. That wouldn't be playing fair with the audience. The misdirection with the briefcase and tie and socks, etc? That's fair - a nice bit of creative sleight-of-hand, if that's what it turns out to be.
At first I was kinda upset that we thought this whole time that is was osuhigi. But the main characters all thought that it was also him. So you have the same point of view as Takizawa. And there were clues if one is sharp enough (which I am not) I hate shows where they portray things incorrectly just fuck with you. Ever seen the show 24? Its a great program except they pull that BS all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Lol. What a brutal characterization. I honestly can't think of someone describing their "friend" as a buzzing fly. And giving him those goofy rosy cheeks didn't help with the "ultimate pushover" label either.

Everyone is saying that Oosugi is dumb for not taking the hints from Morimi. But we don't know what the history is between those two. For all we know they make out in the club room when no one else is around. Or maybe they have gone on dates before. At one time Saki may have displayed some affection towards him in an attemp to stop loving her brother in law
Old 2009-05-25, 02:43   Link #132
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
Everyone is saying that Oosugi is dumb for not taking the hints from Morimi. But we don't know what the history is between those two. For all we know they make out in the club room when no one else is around. Or maybe they have gone on dates before. At one time Saki may have displayed some affection towards him in an attemp to stop loving her brother in law
No, the official website says clearly that his feelings for her have always been unrequired. So no secret make out sessions for the two of them. The guy is just dense.
Old 2009-05-25, 02:48   Link #133
SkoolRumble4Ya

I don't get why people are so confuse about this episode. I don't think there was any flaw in here.
Old 2009-05-25, 03:09   Link #134
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

@Kaoru Chujo. Don't worry about it .
Quote:
About the selecao's phones I have previously pointed out how strange is that whenever a selecao uses the money all the others receive a notice. there's still 10 of them and they have to use the phone if they don't want to die, so I'd expect the phone to ding ding ding constantly. And if that would be the case I'm sure one would end up being fed up checking all and every of those messages (expecially considering they are being used for trivial things by Akira). However so far we have only seen that happening in a pretty convenient way. I mean you only see a seleçao being noticed of a certain transaction only when that's relevant for the plot. I imagined that maybe you can set the phone to give a sound notice only in case a particular seleçao makes a move, however I had to dismiss this idea with this episode. Because while I can understand that Diana has a particular interest in number IX, there's no reason to beleive Akira should have a particular interest in number XI. Bu Akira does get a notice as soon as number XI orders to create an incident on the highway.
Actually now that I've thought about it, it is possible Akira set his phone on alarming every transaction the other Selecaos doing, since he wants to find out which Selecao the president of the modeling agency might be, if she is one.

What I mean is the option is switched off by default. Basically that might be the reason, why he didn't receive any notice either, when Kondo killed those guys, or when the Supporter (supposedly) redirected Kondo's message for his wife. And there was no trace on Akira's phone either, when Hiura spent all his remaining money either.
So I presume the option for noticing the transactions must be an optional feature, which Akira just started using now, because he is interested to find out who the others are (and who could have kidnapped Osugi in the first place).
Of course future episodes might prove me wrong on that, but it is not so far-fetched for now.
Old 2009-05-25, 03:35   Link #135
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
In Episode 2 the cop steals Akira's phone because he wants to transfer his funds. So we know that money can be put on the phone to some extent. If its a transfer between 2 players of the game than we can assume that the phones can do that.
And he fails, because the phone is unique to each selecao...
Yes, we dont know if selecaos can transfer the fund between them...
No one ever try it yet...
Old 2009-05-25, 03:45   Link #136
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
My point about guys always blaming the girl stands. I was feeling badly about making it until someone else did it again.
Hey I hope you're not putting me in that category too!
I may have been critical of her but I never blamed her for anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
It's izmosmolnar by the way and not iszmos (izmos = masculine/muscly in hungarian).
Can I call you Izzy? =3
Old 2009-05-25, 07:09   Link #137
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
I wouldn't rely one bit on Kondo's logic. For once he didn't even know you cannot use someone else phone. The he knew about the rules that you get killed if you spent all the money and yet he kept using the phone even when he's got 7 yen left. He was aware that inactivity=death, however he planned to escape with the money.
Considering all this I wouldn't be surprised if he forgot that you cannot change nobless oblige into cash, or that he thought you could transfer money between phones while it is not possible.

Quote:
Actually now that I've thought about it, it is possible Akira set his phone on alarming every transaction the other Selecaos doing, since he wants to find out which Selecao the president of the modeling agency might be, if she is one.

What I mean is the option is switched off by default. Basically that might be the reason, why he didn't receive any notice either, when Kondo killed those guys, or when the Supporter (supposedly) redirected Kondo's message for his wife. And there was no trace on Akira's phone either, when Hiura spent all his remaining money either.
So I presume the option for noticing the transactions must be an optional feature, which Akira just started using now, because he is interested to find out who the others are (and who could have kidnapped Osugi in the first place).
Of course future episodes might prove me wrong on that, but it is not so far-fetched for now.
You did point out a few situations where Akira should have been noticed about other seleçao's actions but nothing happened. Your theory that the sound notice can be turned on and off is interesting, however I doubt we will have a confirmation of that in the future. The first time that this happened to Akira surprisingly is the time that the order was being executed in front of his eyes, from a seleçao he knew nothing of at that point.

I have the feeling this is just one of the things that won't be explained, this is done for plot reasons and nothing else, maybe we are supposed to imagine that such notices happen all the time but they don't make us see them. Still I find it hard to believe that the other seleçao are inactive or in case they are not they really bother checking all and every move of the others anytime.

Quote:
4. It would have been more ideal if Saki had phoned Oosugi earlier, but I don't blame her one iota under the circumstances: she was devastated, felt like a failure, felt ashamed toward her family, etc. She only recovered enough to phone him later. She probably forgot all about him, actually. The meal thing didn't seem to make much of an impression on her when he sprang it on her in the train.
I agree with this perfectly. However this is only in case Saki didn't really notice Ohsugi's feelings. If she knows and she doesn't turn him down then she's not much different from the guy at the job interview that didn't clearly state she had failed.

Old 2009-05-25, 10:45   Link #138
typhonsentra

So wait, if it was just an illusion what really happened in that scene? That was her jumping out of the window, wasn't it?
Old 2009-05-25, 11:57   Link #139
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

I don't believe she would jump out the window. Considering the whole performance was just a big illusion, Diana could have easily strolled out the door while Saki was tripping out. Who knows? It depends on how deep the actual illusion device can go.

Anyways, that was a really intense episode, probably one of my favorites yet. I've always wanted a Selecao vs. Selecao situation, but I never thought they were were going to take it past something like Kondo vs. Akira. Number XI is great too, I just love to hate her, and I knew she was going to be the perfect piece that links both the Akira and Saki stories. Now that Saki has had her first exposure to the world of Selecao, and now I can only wonder what direction this series would go next. Now way I can speculate now, since this series has proved to be unpredictable. Keep it up, you're still one of the best series this season.

Quote:
I agree with this perfectly. However this is only in case Saki didn't really notice Ohsugi's feelings. If she knows and she doesn't turn him down then she's not much different from the guy at the job interview that didn't clearly state she had failed.
I'm going to have to agree with this point as well. I know there aren't that many Oosugi fans out there, hell I'm not the biggest fan of Oosugi either, but even he's undeserving of the situations he's getting in both mentally and physically. Honestly, in my opinion... I think Saki is the greater of two evils regarding their relationship, but that's something I really don't want to get into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post

Ooooh, this is something I never really caught on to, but it's a really interesting point. I'll be bringing that into the spoilers topic, thank you~
Old 2009-05-25, 13:50   Link #140
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

So, is it usual for rapists to steal other people's stuff, especially when that said person is drunk and they just take their stuff away? Or was it only on this occassion?
Pretty bizarre.

Red herring it is but hopefully there was nothing too important in Ohsugi's briefcase.
Poor thing is probably passed out somewhere but it just sounds so silly that Akira and the gang wasted all their time to save their so-called Ohsugi who was actually just the typical rapist for Diana.
Closed Thread