AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Old 2011-10-21, 02:11   Link #1201
Nvis
Where are the good animes

A shame that Kobato's debut got overshadowed by Sena in a bikini.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 02:18   Link #1202
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
@Archon_Wing: You got a typo Yozora isn't meat and she already knew very well how to swim
Oh yea, I'll fix that. I should just refer to them as tits and ass from now on.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 03:48   Link #1203
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Daww, Kobato <3

Felt that the beginning wasn't that funny when Yozora pulled the earphone plug, Sena didn't look surprise or embarrass enough :\

So next will be Yukimura and Maria join episode? Though there was Rika (with her ahegao) too on preview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
He's the tsukkomi of the series, which means he's actually quite normal with the exception of people fearing his look. So, it's quite normal that you don't find weirdness in him, b/c, he's not...
He still has little bit of weirdness in him though, like on previous episode where he mad because the main character on the galge already has best friend but still want a fulfilling life
Old 2011-10-21, 04:09   Link #1204
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

The Lucas x Cecile part was so hilarious
Kodoka stand like a good ML , he did a good job at the pool , also to scold Sena too.
Yozora , a childhood friend , not a surprise , childhood friend are almost everywhere.
Guess Yozora x Kodoka development will be slow.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 04:30   Link #1205
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Is Kobato naturally heterochromic? I'm assuming it's just a colored contact lens but I'm curious anyway. She's also kind of wimpy despite her facade. Just cold bath water making her panic and cry like that? Well I guess some folks like the vulnerable type.
Cold water is a pretty typical vampire "weakness" though. or at least a deviation from one.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 04:45   Link #1206
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

The anime is so colorful. <3

It really brings the art to life. Combined that with excellent handling so far, and I'm having a lot of fun.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 05:01   Link #1207
kimpleng
Lurker

How about add some Lilies?
kimpleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 05:06   Link #1208
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
At first, I laughed hard at Sena having her headphones pulled, so people can ehar the glorious eroge dialogue. I laughed more after she was forced to read the lines out loud. then come the swimming pool part. My respect for Kodoka cemented when he is shown that he is NOT useless. Then the part with the thugs give me more respect for him after we are shown that he is NOT spineless. He is like some fresh air in a genre plagued by the Loser Harem Leads that makes you wonder if the genre would not be better without them.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 05:26   Link #1209
EroKing

Episode 3

Finally my favorite waifu Kobato is introduced. Anime version is pretty cute but didn't like them taking out some of her evil-looking faces from the manga.
Oh Kodaka, setting off flags with both Sena and Yozora in the same episode
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Daww, Kobato <3
oh hey, he triggered Kobato's flag too probably before even the series had started?
Kodaka - Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Koibito ga Ippai
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimpleng View Post
How about add some Lilies?
lol here we go again...
Old 2011-10-21, 05:37   Link #1210
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
Cold water is a pretty typical vampire "weakness" though. or at least a deviation from one.
Kid actually scares of cold water, too.
Old 2011-10-21, 05:51   Link #1211
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
He is like some fresh air in a genre plagued by the Loser Harem Leads that makes you wonder if the genre would not be better without them.
What you "would be"? Loser Harem Leads never added anything, and are hated by everyone, what is there to lose.
Old 2011-10-21, 05:52   Link #1212
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
My respect for Kodoka cemented when he is shown that he is NOT useless. Then the part with the thugs give me more respect for him after we are shown that he is NOT spineless. He is like some fresh air in a genre plagued by the Loser Harem Leads that makes you wonder if the genre would not be better without them.
So true. I'm really glad that Kodoka is not useless and is a true man.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 07:04   Link #1213
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
My respect for Kodoka cemented when he is shown that he is NOT useless. Then the part with the thugs give me more respect for him after we are shown that he is NOT spineless. He is like some fresh air in a genre plagued by the Loser Harem Leads that makes you wonder if the genre would not be better without them.

Once again, you have no idea how many times I've heard this being said for EVERY RomCom show I've watched in the last two years

Oh eventually people will always find a reason to hate the NOT useless and the NOT spineless Harem Leads... This show is no exception I'll bet.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 07:06   Link #1214
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now we finally know why they chose Itou Kanae to voice Sena. They wanted to hear her say those raunchy lines out loud. Bless you, Haganai staff. That's probably as close as she'll ever get to voicing hentai. I very much enjoyed the scrumptious Sena/Itou Kanae fanservice this episode provided. Yozora couldn't have found a better nickname for her. So... much... meat (*´Д`)ハァハァ

Kodaka pleasantly surprised me. He's actually not as much of a doormat as I expected. He's pretty cool, in fact. I'm still going to hope Sena will end up with a girl rather than him nonetheless... her lusting after 2D girls gives fuel to my yuri fantasies.

& finally, Kobato's here! She's as adorable as I thought she'd be. Can't believe we already got to see her naked... man, that was fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
http://sadpanda.us/images/707938-7LY7SQB.gif <= lolwut? ... is this some kind of "new fanservice" I wasn't aware of?
That part made me raise my eyebrow too

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Is Kobato naturally heterochromic? I'm assuming it's just a colored contact lens but I'm curious anyway. She's also kind of wimpy despite her facade. Just cold bath water making her panic and cry like that? Well I guess some folks like the vulnerable type.
It seems like too much of a coincidence that her favorite character has exactly the same eyes as her, so I'm pretty sure she's wearing contacts. Then again, she might have started to idolize Resis precisely because she looked like her. I'm still going with contacts, though.

Made another Kobato avatar which I'm most likely not going to use, so feel free to take it if you want to:

Old 2011-10-21, 07:27   Link #1215
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 08:01   Link #1216
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Loled at that Sacred Blacksmith reference. And Kobata seems to be a mini-Kuroneko.

Oh Senna, you are my dream girl. Naturally I loved this Senna focused episode. Though my hopes of SennaxKodoka were punctured when they revealed Yozuro was a childhood friend. Senna can't possibly win against that.

Last edited by Haak; 2011-10-21 at 10:02.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 08:41   Link #1217
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Okay, this was for me the first episode that was really good. I find that Yozora was too harsh with her insult-bombing, sorry, but I didn't find it a single bit funny. Kudos to Sena for loving VNs ! Heck, I play my VNs also with earplugs for the obvious reason Sena was generally a lot more likeable here than in the previous episodes. And no, I do not mean it in terms of fanservice/"meat".

@swimming pool: Kodoka with wet hairs looks quite different than his usual appearance, mainly due to how the hairs were "combed" backwards. It was well done how he protected Sena and the zoom-in with the darkening of the background to give him more intimidating power was cool. Her reaction to Kodoka's comment on wanting to meet her dad was to be expected

@his sister: Uhm ... hard to really give my opinion yet. Roleplaying her favorite anime character at home is ... well ... unsual even in fiction. I feel empathy that she does not like onions *lol*. Seems okay so far.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 09:05   Link #1218
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
And Yozora is that boy. lololol
So did she actually recognised him before she founded the club?
BTW, seeing the preview
Spoiler:
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 09:44   Link #1219
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Okay, that settle it. Yozora ftw!

Kinda weird how the episode lead me on though. At first I thought childhood friend was Sena, because Kodaka don't remember much of his childhood AND their fathers being old friends...

...then boom, childhood friend with black hair who sounds suspiciously like male Natsuru from Kampfer. And the confirmation when she dropped the book thinking that Kodaka remembers her, now that he remembered the line about her mom in regards to making friends... man, the look she had was so MOE!

All that said, Yozora/Kodaka reminds me a wee bit too much of Ukyo/Ranma... and we all know how that turned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
So did she actually recognised him before she founded the club?
Possible explanation would be that she already knew it was him since the beginning of the year (they're in the same class after all), but with him having no clue it was her, she decided not to interact. So by the time she got 'caught' by Kodaka (which now I'm beginning to question if she was talking to her 'friend' on purpose to catch Kodaka's attention knowing his bag was still there), there was no 'recognition' to be had on both parties since Yozora already knew it was him while Kodaka has no clue she was the 'boy' from before.

And lols, I think what her mom told her backfired. By suggesting she makes friends that she cares 100x as much, her mom made Yozora have unexpectedly high standards for friends that she doesn't make any. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 09:57   Link #1220
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Once again, you have no idea how many times I've heard this being said for EVERY RomCom show I've watched in the last two years

Oh eventually people will always find a reason to hate the NOT useless and the NOT spineless Harem Leads... This show is no exception I'll bet.
Ok.

How about he does not put the girl on a piedestal and is actually scolding her for doing stupid shit like he did after that incident?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen