AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-07, 04:40   Link #1
Kakkou
Tch.

Devil Survivor 2 [Manga]

Manga: Haruto Shioda (汐田晴人, unsure of reading) (Cerberus Jam)

Announced along with the Devil Survivor 2 anime, it'll be serialised in Monthly G Fantasy starting from their January issue (on sale 18th December)

...The art looks better than the DeSu manga. Between this manga and the anime, the first game sure is getting the short end of the stick. ;__;

Last edited by Kakkou; 2012-12-07 at 07:11.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 08:55   Link #2
Insane
Banned

Hmm? I thought the artist of the manga was the same with Yozakura kuartet (Also the one handling the character design for the game version), but it seems i was wrong.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 14:43   Link #3
Shadow5YA

Pretty nice artwork. The DeSu2 MC looks a little closer to the P3MC now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
...The art looks better than the DeSu manga. Between this manga and the anime, the first game sure is getting the short end of the stick. ;__;
As I said in the anime thread, I think DeSu2 is much safer to air because its themes (the Akashic record, the zodiac and astrology, fate) are all neutral compared to DeSu1's highly religious biblical references.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2012-12-07 at 19:42.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 20:28   Link #4
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Very nice, since I haven't played the game I'll be on the lookout when it comes out.
Old 2012-12-28, 11:48   Link #5
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Oh yeah I forgot you've created this thread back then

One thing that I noticed from the first chapter is that the MC and his friends doesn't need to defeat the demon to make the contract... still, that scene where the demons were eating humans seems to imply that they failed to defeat the demon and that's why they're eating them.

I wonder if they're going to fight them in the next chapter.. or maybe ignore it completely and makes them their demons from get-go.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 16:11   Link #6
Shadow5YA

Eh, might as well

Spoiler for manga to game comparison:
Old 2012-12-31, 02:41   Link #7
Kakkou
Tch.

I still haven't gotten around to playing this though I probably will start soon. Interesting that it's using the anime logo and the scenario's credited to Makoto Uezu. This prob means that the anime story will play out similarly if not the same as this. Looks like they might be going for a more P4A approach with the protags being able to summon the demons right away instead of beating them first.
Old 2012-12-31, 04:08   Link #8
bbsanchezi

i agree with you,Pretty nice artwork. The DeSu2 MC looks a little closer to the P3MC now.thanks for your sharing,
bbsanchezi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 21:26   Link #9
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

That Byakko...

Seriously, I didn't expect that to happen I like how this things are going

Old 2013-01-02, 05:59   Link #10
Kakkou
Tch.

Well I'm very confident the anime scenario will play out exactly like this now. Not sure if it's because I still haven't played this but I'm really loving the manga compared to Devil Survivor's.

Last edited by Kakkou; 2013-01-02 at 09:43.
Old 2013-01-02, 09:28   Link #11
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
That Byakko...

Seriously, I didn't expect that to happen I like how this things are going
Lol yeah, a Byakko so soon. It would habe been easier if it would have been the same in the game
Old 2013-01-02, 13:06   Link #12
Shadow5YA

Forget the Byakko, quite a few scenes were skipped.

They were supposed to meet Joe before this happened. The way the fight against Dubhe worked and the death clip were not in the game either.

In the game, Daichi drives a truck off a platform into Dubhe, yes. However, there was no death clip for that. The idea was that the truck shielded and deflected Dubhe's explosion, removing the puffball on top and weakening it enough to where your party could finish it off on its own.

There was also no indication or plot device in the game that made the DeSu2 protagonist special or "the chosen one" either, yet the manga quite clearly seems to be heading that direction. In fact, elevating Hibiki to some unique status also contradicts the central theme behind the story that humanity as a whole can better themselves and avoid destruction. What saved them in the games was their combined efforts, not because the MC had unique powers compared to everyone else. This is not Devil Survivor 1.

At this point, it's clear that this manga will have a very different plot from the game.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2013-01-02 at 13:17.
Old 2013-02-19, 18:21   Link #13
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

New chapter is up.

That does it, the manga really has different plot than the game. Not that I hate it because retelling the same story would be boring I don't really like how they make Hibiki so special in this manga, but maybe it's necessary to bring JPs into being interested in him in the first place.

Oh and did Yamato just told him the plot that's supposed to be mentioned in later days?

Old 2013-02-22, 06:05   Link #14
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

While I agree that events unfold differently from the game, that was inevitable from the beginning. The way the game is frameworked just doesn't work as well in a manga or anime. You don't have enough time to incorporate every little thing either.

Some bits of knowledge were revealed early as well. This is probably to draw in more readers/viewers. With a game, you can wait a bit longer with telling them what's going on since they'd already have bought the game. With a serial, you don't have that much luxury.

Finally, Re: Chosen One

While it's not explicitly stated as such in the game, in the story, the hero IS both the strongest, the most charismatic, and the one with the strongest will to live, which is why the Anguished One refers to him as Shining One.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote