AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-01-25, 10:48   Link #1
Seifer_us
A Hunter of Peace

Eyeshield 21

Alright, there's almost nothing about it on the forum, so I decided to be the one to kick off (pun intended) the discussion.

It's about football (waits for everyone who hates the idea entirely to leave the thread).

Okay, now that we got that out of the way... I can't really say much about it besides the fact that it's funny... darn funny. The manga, which runs in Weekly Shonen Jump, has 6 volumes out in Japan, and suprisingly good art for a sports manga. It has grown popular enough for production on an anime to begin. In fact, a preview of the anime was shown at Jump Festa in Tokyo back in December, so it's quite likely that it will be airing sometime soon. I've only read the first volume of the manga myself, and found myself quite surprised as to how much I was enjoying it, seeing as how I despise football above all other sports. The real pull was in the humor, which for me, revolves mostly around Hiruma, who it seems could easily be the son of Lucifer himself, and he proves his evilness many, many times over. I also like the fact that it's not attempting to inspire anyone to play the sport it portrays, unlike lots of other sports manga. In fact, it makes me even more sure that I never want to involve myself with football in any way, shape, or form.

Anyway, for those of you who care, discuss...
Seifer_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 15:06   Link #2
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
I'm always on the lookout for a good manga, do you know if anyone has scanlated it?

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 15:24   Link #3
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
wow its gonna be an anime great news i really enjoyed the manga but i disagree with u hiruma isnt the son of lucifer he is lucifer himself disguised as a human and dedicated to winning the japanese football championship

its scanlated by TW
Old 2004-01-25, 18:17   Link #4
Lambda

"Football" is rather an ambiguous term, especially in an international context such as an internet forum.
Lambda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 18:36   Link #5
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

I've also only read the first volume of Eyeshield 21 ( http://jump.shueisha.co.jp/eyeshield ) and I was pretty impressed by it.

/me is excited for the anime

Note: ES21 is about american football.
Old 2004-01-25, 21:11   Link #6
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Hmm, a football anime just in time for the superbowl too! Sweet!! I can't wait for this anime to come out. I think it sounds very cool.

(Damn, there goes my addiction again. Now I'm gonna have too many to follow once again....oh well.)

Last edited by Lord Raiden; 2004-08-24 at 21:11.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 16:21   Link #7
ryublade

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123
wow its gonna be an anime great news i really enjoyed the manga but i disagree with u hiruma isnt the son of lucifer he is lucifer himself disguised as a human and dedicated to winning the japanese football championship

its scanlated by TW
Manga City is also working on it. I think they're a little further along. I love this series also but the chapters are coming out real slow (only about 12 chapters so far) so I would love to see the anime to continue feeding my addiction.
ryublade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 03:02   Link #8
Rhys
Interweb crawler

Eyeshield 21 OVA

I heard that a German group already fansubbed this, does anyone here knows where to download it? Or whether there is going to be an English group picking it up? Really want to hear Hiruma's voice
Rhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 04:56   Link #9
Jumper
Shimurai

I didn't heard of any english group subbing it.
But here is the link to the german subbed version : URL=http://torrent.fansub.de/files/[GD+ABU]_Eyeshield21_-_JumpFesta2004_Pilotfolge_(german)_(A23E866B).avi. torrent

I think this is a really funny anime, we will see if there will be also an complete series.
Jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 11:10   Link #10
Rhys
Interweb crawler

Downloaded, now I'm off watching. Thanks alot!
Rhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 13:04   Link #11
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Muhahahaha. Glad I still know most of my German. *grabs torrent*
Old 2004-08-19, 14:16   Link #12
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
Wow... interesting. *looks for raw to start subbing*
clem-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 19:24   Link #13
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I just saw it in German sub and although I don't think the group did the best job of translating it (sentances didn't flow quite right) the anime itself kicked butt! The bubble boy linebacker and the crazy gun guy were great! OMG, I laughed so hard I think my sides are going to hurt for a week.
Old 2004-08-24, 14:10   Link #14
RX79GMCustom
Grumpy Bear

Eyeshield21

anyone knows when this will air.
its football anime style!!!
RX79GMCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 19:30   Link #15
^danshi^
running bear

I'm not really interested in american football, but the pilot episode was quite amusing, so I'll be waiting for more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
I just saw it in German sub and although I don't think the group did the best job of translating it (sentances didn't flow quite right)
No offend, but in my opinion the fansub was above average and I didn't find anything wrong about translation or flow of the sentences, maybe you're just not accustomed to contemporary German any more.
^danshi^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 19:55   Link #16
Killerattacks

I think the german version of this fansub was excellent, even if I'm a little biased, since I'm a former member of one of the groups which subbed it (they subbed it after I left ... ).

(German) information about the anime, and the possibility to dowload the episode, both can be found here:

http://es21.jav.net/anime.php

I especially liked the typesetting :P

As far as I know (and I know some stuff) there won't be a english fansub in the near future.
Killerattacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 21:14   Link #17
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^danshi^
I'm not really interested in american football, but the pilot episode was quite amusing, so I'll be waiting for more.

No offend, but in my opinion the fansub was above average and I didn't find anything wrong about translation or flow of the sentences, maybe you're just not accustomed to contemporary German any more.
HAHAHA. That's entirely possible. I do admit my german IS getting kinda rusty these days. Maybe I need to take another sebatical over to germany to get back up to speed again. (*thinks about that*) Hmm, actually, that sounds like a fun idea.
Old 2004-08-25, 13:11   Link #18
Yoska
フランキー

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer_us
suprisingly good art for a sports manga.
And sport mangas don't usually have good art ??? I disagree.

ES21 is enjoyable. I hope the final product will be higher quality than the pilot was.
Yoska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 04:22   Link #19
sangofe

Episode 27 is out fansubbed, what did you guys think of it?
I think it was kind of the lamest episode ever, but, fun in it's own way.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 20:58   Link #20
_DT_

Send a message via ICQ to _DT_
Yes a bit lame with the thief. When I saw the theif I didn't have very high expectation but it was suprisingly entertaining. This episode was not in the manga. But there at least one thing they did better in the anime than in the manga. I was exited about eyeshield comming to america so went to read the manga after watching eps 26

Spoiler for some future manga stuff Different plot from anime:

Last edited by _DT_; 2006-01-03 at 12:01.
_DT_ is offline   Reply With Quote