AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-23, 18:21   Link #1621
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
I guess you read the story already? How you like it?

Alive - The final evolution is another, I thought he will end up with this one girl, because they had such a good chemistry and time together (not romance focus).
It was pretty good. I wanted him to end up with Tsukasa since the start. But since Aya was the main heroine looked like he would end up with her. Thank god I was proved wrong in the end.
Old 2011-09-24, 10:46   Link #1622
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I'm really surprised---
This manga is already ended but it still managed to reach the first page ^^;

Somehow I could remember there's someone in an anime-manga community out there giving this comment :

"Nishino win ! See--- Long-haired girl is not always better !"

As for myself---
At first I think Aya is the obvious winner.
But as the story progress ( chapter 100 - more ),
I started to feel Nishino is much more better than Aya in terms of her relationship with Junpei.
Old 2011-09-24, 11:44   Link #1623
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
Is this like the only manga where the main character doesn't end up with the main heroine? They need more mangas like this.
if u try anime...look at "Kimi Ga Nozuen Eien" the end pairing is unexpected. It is one of my top three animes of all time..
Old 2011-09-24, 23:25   Link #1624
vrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
if u try anime...look at "Kimi Ga Nozuen Eien" the end pairing is unexpected. It is one of my top three animes of all time..

i think the end pairing is expected. They hinted it in the first few eps.
Old 2011-09-25, 14:13   Link #1625
User68604
Disabled By Request

^possibly, but there are quitttttee a few people who really disliked the end pairing. so much so that they released that very subpar "OVA alternate ending."

neways, up to 114 in ichigo

satsuki is such a rapist....not complaining...but dam a girls gotta cool it abit

117 - nishino is awesome...knowing what manaka's thinking, and stating indirectly to him that shes not interested in marrying higure.

Last edited by User68604; 2011-09-25 at 14:25.
Old 2011-09-25, 17:03   Link #1626
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
Yeah, I've seen that. Amazing anime. Best harem with nice drama. That's how you properly adapt a visual novel. Other harem VN adaptations are so fail.
Old 2011-09-25, 22:52   Link #1627
Saber024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
It was pretty good. I wanted him to end up with Tsukasa since the start. But since Aya was the main heroine looked like he would end up with her. Thank god I was proved wrong in the end.

***highfives Ragna!

"Kimi ga..." was pretty good. i loved that anime too, but i wish the artwork was better.
Old 2011-09-26, 00:27   Link #1628
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Will watch "Rumbling Hearts" pretty soon, even though I've been spoiled to death...

@Recover

Chap 114 - Junpei sound and looks like a tsundere boyfriend in this chapter, I guess thats how he acts around her normally. Satsuki on the other hand, looks so frail and the "white dress" doesn't suit her at all. She the kind of gal that looks hot in leather clothing.

Chap 117 - In this chapter, Nishino looks like a chiwuwua, when Higure was petting her head. Heh, too bad she invested to much into Junpei to shack up with Higure. Notice how Nishino stopped Higure from doing it any further, when Junpei was around, she doesn't want Junpei to be jealous or getting the wrong idea about their relationship (student/master). This is something Aya wouldn't do, she would of stood there and take it and blush continuously.

Looking back (when I"m done with the story), Higure isn't to shabby, I wish Junpei just pick Aya instead and everyone would be happy, but in the end, she couldn't avoid being impale by either big guy (Higure and Junpei).
Old 2011-10-01, 19:25   Link #1629
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Spoiler for Gintama 349 references of Ichigo 100%:

Switch is becoming my favorite character now. They were all talking about a good main character (male), but Switch is swore to only admire Nishino from Ichigo 100%

Its also referred in season 2 anime adaption of Gintama episode 26 or 227 (whole). In the anime its still Nishino, but the Toujou referred in the manga was from Beelzebub (translator mistake?), because the anime referred to Aya from Ichigo.
Old 2011-10-01, 19:47   Link #1630
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Yeah. It could be a translator mistake since Shinpachi clearly said Aya Toujou and not Hidetora Toujou
Old 2011-10-04, 19:57   Link #1631
Saber024

or he/she is talking about a male character named Toujou in Beelzebub. There's one. i read that series.

looking at my avatar, suddenly have the craving of fan art/any art of Nishino cosplaying Saber! ehehhe
Old 2011-10-04, 20:17   Link #1632
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Well in the anime they were talking about Aya and not Toujou of Beelzebub. I wonder if there some miscommunication or it was intentional.
Old 2011-10-04, 20:50   Link #1633
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

It has to be an accident by the translator, because this is Shinpachi were talking about! He loves innocent shy clumsy girls.
Old 2011-10-18, 11:47   Link #1634
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

vasonbee, the image that you post regarding all of the JUMP characters in one image was only half of it. Here's the full of that image.

Spoiler for image too large:

Aya Toujou is also in there I can't seem to find Manaka.
Old 2011-10-18, 13:42   Link #1635
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

I see Aya

I don't see Junpei either, even if he's there, its difficult to tell him apart from the guys, so I'm shipping this pair, Ryoma x Nishino.

Does anyone know that girl next to Sanji (OP)?
Old 2011-10-18, 15:39   Link #1636
User68604
Disabled By Request

Put my re-read on hold due to work/vacations/life...I ended up at Chpt 144 which happens to be one of my FAVORITE chapters of the series.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-18, 18:03   Link #1637
blade82

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
I see Aya

I don't see Junpei either, even if he's there, its difficult to tell him apart from the guys, so I'm shipping this pair, Ryoma x Nishino.

Does anyone know that girl next to Sanji (OP)?
i think its the girl from the manga Neuro ... something i forgot but where are Goku and Oga???
Old 2011-10-18, 18:14   Link #1638
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

If you look carefully, Goku is actually there. Also, there were 4 posters released by WSJ. The one I post counted as 2, then this one.

then the other half of this one? Then that will make it 4.
Old 2011-11-03, 04:53   Link #1639
bumbayker

After 2 straight days I finally read the entire manga and it was a fun and emotional read. I really felt bad for Aya not hooking up with Junpei in the end despite being the main girl. I personally would have preferred her more over Tsukasa since there was more romantic development with her and Junpei. I like Tsukasa's character but I felt she already had her chance with Junpei the first time around and Aya at least Aya have a chance with him. I guess I just empathize more with Aya and seemed more of the underdog heroine. Satsuki though got the shortest end of the stick IMO. Though she the most assertive she was also the most devoted among the girls who were in love with Junpei. The conclusion was good but I still wish there was a happier ending for Aya and Satsuki. It doesn't seem that the 2 are really over him or found a new man in their lives during the 4 year time skip. I guess I'll have to settle with it.

Last edited by bumbayker; 2011-11-03 at 05:04.
Old 2011-11-03, 05:13   Link #1640
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
After 2 straight days I finally read the entire manga and it was a fun and emotional read. I felt somewhat bad for Aya not hooking up with Junpei in the end despite being the main girl. I personally would have preferred her more over Tsukasa since there was more romantic development with her and Junpei. I like Tsukasa's character but I felt she already had her chance with Junpei the first time around. I guess I empathize with Aya more and seemed more of the underdog. Satsuki though got the shortest end of the stick IMO. Though she the most assertive she was also the most devoted among the girls who were in love with Junpei. I wish there was a happier ending for Aya and Satsuki but I guess I'll have to be satistified. It doesn't seem that the 2 are really over him or found a new man in their lives during the 4 year time skip.
Glad you enjoy the series and I find amusing that everyone always finish it in 2 days straight.

Few things I have to point out about your assessment. Nishino has more romantic moments with Junpei. She was the underdog throughout the story. The reasons why?
- Junpei first crush was the mysterious girl on the roof, who was later found out to be Aya.
- The story felt at first, like it was gonna be a cliché.
- She aided Junpei club activities, which associate with his dream (important, almost or more than romance).

Others will argument that Aya has moved on, because she wasn't whimsy during their reunion as before or compared currently with Satsuki at that moment.

Tags
drama, perverted, romance, shounen