Old 2009-10-19, 06:37   Link #381
GarethXL

his past, most likely with eroge(family fraindly version) girls
Old 2009-10-19, 10:13   Link #382
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ow , good episode .
Chizuru is awesome XD
Two-timing huh? i think it wasn't bad . He said that they were happy .
ahah "Yes , i understand i should start narrowing my focus to one soon , else i may go down the bad ending route" yeah School Days ending
"I'm currently on the president route" i see ^^
SM in next episode ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 10:24   Link #383
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuluc88 View Post
14:48 ... eyecatch ... Chizuru is cosplaying who?
The helmet resembled to the ones in Bubblegum Crisis
But it's probably not that
Old 2009-10-19, 10:29   Link #384
SeaDoor

So far, I am so failing at catching most of the references in this series.
Is there a study guide for this series?!?
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 10:36   Link #385
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The way i see it, two-timing implies being dishonest, that he was seeing two girls without each other's knowlegde, which would lead to broken hearts when the truth finally gets out.

Perhaps this is why he now instead 'confessed his love' to all four girls in front of them,... I mean hey, the guy is never gonna change but this time he'll be honest from the start.

But yeah, I REALLY want to know more about Sugisaki
Well I wasn't thinking he was openly dating both girls at the same time . Simply that he decided to spread himself out further with a harem and be much more open about it. Since at the very least you can't accuse him of being secretive in regards to his intentions toward the student council.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarethXL View Post
well duh... i haven't read the novel but it's pretty obvious here.
I'm not sure what makes it obvious the two-timing was about a game. If it was something like that he wouldn't have been at all serious about it. He certainly isn't the type to lie about something like that especially to everyone in the council. Whatever happened back then there isn't a doubt he was two-timing with actual girls. It's hardly beyond belief that he could have two girls interested enough to be dating him.

Anyways regarding the games I wonder if he became more involved with them after that situation occurred? Maybe he pulled back into an area of safety. Since with those games even if you do go on the wrong path you can simply start over and there are no feelings harmed in the process.
Old 2009-10-19, 10:55   Link #386
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Wha-wha-what ? So everyone here thinks that he's serious when he said that he two-timing girls ? I thought it was a more serious version about his dreams of getting harem ending But, making Sugisaki had that kinds of background makes the story a little more intresting.

Seriously though, this is one of the best episode I've ever seen. Noto's voice reminds me of her act in OG Saga as Suzuka-hime. Not to mention that her character is really cute >w<

I like the part when Jigoku Shoujo's parody appear at the beginning. The part when Ai-chan got wet because of Sugisaki and said, "Oi." was really funny =))

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 11:40   Link #387
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Aye, i believe that to be the case as well. As wrongtm it might seem to read seriousness in to the show at first glance, it does seem to slip in to a more serious and bittersweet mood from time to time, and it actually handles said mood pretty well. And despite his usual horsing around, Sugisaki has proven to be quite reliable when the situation calls for it. (Even Chizuru trusts his judgment - end of ep2 ). I don't think the show is going to focus much on the serious side of the past except some vague bits and tidbits here (it is still a crackpot comedy for the most part after all ), but it is quite possible that whatever happened with the two-timing issue in the past is the reason behind the way he acts now.

Unlikely that it ended all too well, which may well be the reason he isn't actually serious about being in to a relationship now - his "harem end" is probably a way to work around (or run away, as our Ms. Journalism accidentally accurately hit the mark) whatever issues arose from the love triangle in the past wouldn't really happen in an "actual" harem situation - i bet he wishes there was some truth behind his claim that "everyone is always happy in a harem end", so as not to encounter a situation like before.

... Or, i might be reading too much in to it, given the type of show this is. Though i believe that ain't really the case, as the show is fairly adapt at setting up a more serious mood that feels natural on a moment's notice, and there actually is a bit of subtlety to some of the characters, past the usual gags they play for fun. One of the reasons this show appeals to me i guess, because despite all the neverending stream of reference gags there is more to it, should the writing choose to draw upon it.
Not being fluent in Japanese, it's hard for me to know if there's any ambiguity in what he said, but I wonder if it's possible he wasn't the one doing the two-timing - maybe his girlfriend at the time was dating another guy, and he was the victim. That could also have driven him into the realm of 2D bishoujo after being burned by the 3D variety - but then I might be reading way too much into this too. It just doesn't seem consistent with his personality that he'd actually go and date two girls and once and deliberately deceive them, although maybe I'm giving him too much credit.

Overall, it's not a bad series but I'm really getting tired of that room - hoping against hope that just for a change of scenery they have their next student council meeting at Starbucks or something (or an onsen ).
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 12:10   Link #388
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Wha-wha-what ? So everyone here thinks that he's serious when he said that he two-timing girls ?
O/c he is.
With 2-D girl in an eroge
Old 2009-10-19, 12:21   Link #389
GarethXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
O/c he is.
With 2-D girl in an eroge
of course, 2d girls all the way
Old 2009-10-19, 12:37   Link #390
Lummie

I somehow didn't could build up any interest in this series but it kinda sparkled up after they showed a more serious side to Ki-kun. I don't like to waste my time on a character that's supposed portrayed as a moe or girl who's obsessed with BL and games or a athletic girl that every time shouts things that doesn't add something to the conversation. They're the main reason why i am pressing the fast forward button so much during the episode but....

Who really are appealing are Ki-kun or Chizuru... they don't fail to attract my attention during their moments of comedy/seriousness. In this last episode where Ki-kun admitting the truth in way that shocked the whole council.... it made interested in this guy's past more then anything else in the story. I wished they did more of this during each episode and start to build up the history of Chizuru/Ki-kun through conversations like this (The other 3 girls can be flushed down through the toilet for what i care).

Anyhow, this stays on my watchlist if they keep doing things like this more.

Last edited by Lummie; 2009-10-19 at 13:25.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 12:49   Link #391
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I think Ken's two-timing was between two 2D girls, with no real girls involved at all. Loved ep3. Loved the jokes. Loved the characters. Loved the pacing and the lines. Chizuru is indeed awesome. Her seiyuu, Saitou Yuka, has a future.

And maybe I was overstating things when I said the references were the least of show's attractions: the Jigoku Shoujo connections were both funny and sharp.

EDIT: It's amazing to see that this show has been the most popular topic on blogs listed on Animenano over the past two weeks.

EDIT: Puriesto, I don't think the guy is a jerk at all. For one thing, a real jerk wouldn't be so obvious. For another, Guardian Enzo is right that he actually does treat the girls with kindness and respect, beneath his facade. And remember that this is comedy. And anime, not real life.

The similarities between this and Ichigo Mashimaro (by the same director) are striking me more and more: an ensemble cast trading barbs and affection, and comedy that is absurd and treats people's deep foibles with affection. My favorite. The big difference is that Ichigo M featured a cast entirely made up of famous seiyuu. This cast is all newbies, except for Ken.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-10-19 at 14:11.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 13:00   Link #392
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puriesuto View Post
So... no one cares that the protagonist is really a jerk and the whole harem thing is just a facade?
I find it ( the two timming stuff) a pretty realistic behavior for a bishonen and so pretty uncommon in anything I have watched so far... ever

thats a pretty hard deconstruction for the whole harem genere...
Challenge flag. Sugisaki has lied to protect the girls once each episode so far, and I think he's showed a certain gallantry. He certainly can behave like an ass and he seems to be trying extraordinarily hard to convince the girls he is one, but I think it's too simplistic to say he's a jerk.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 15:00   Link #393
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

I find it funny how so many people here are trying to defend a ficitonal characters cheating.

While i agree this does seem very very out of character, its hard to believe this is a misunderstanding like "it was in a game" or something like that.

First of all he must know how this looks and would try to clear it up if it was a misunderstanding. the fact he doesn't deny it or try to clarify it makes it unlikely.
Second, if he did two time girls, it would fit his current mindset very well. It's better being open about the harem, or i want them all to be happy.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 16:12   Link #394
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
I find it funny how so many people here are trying to defend a ficitonal characters cheating.

While i agree this does seem very very out of character, its hard to believe this is a misunderstanding like "it was in a game" or something like that.
(Who would have imagined we would ever discuss such things int his show ).

It is quite hard to either condemn or excuse him about whatever it is that happened in the past, simply because we know nothing about the circumstances. While he obviously was a central figure of said incident, we really know nothing more than that, nor the state of the relationship with the first of the girls - maybe it had all but fallen apart already. While it is still not a nice situation by any means, sometimes things can go sour without any malicious intent - and given what we know of Ken, i find it unlikely he had any. Despite the goofy appearance he is working very hard to keep going, he actually seems more decent than most people and is fairly clued-in whenever the situation calls for it. Not saying he was either right or wrong with what he did, i am saying it is hard to make that call given we know nothing of it.

And on another note, i still don't see any implications that would make me consider it as anything but real incident - i would have expected some clues dropped if he was talking about a game, and i find it hard to imagine he would have treated the subject so seriously if it did, as only times he has been actually serious is when the issues actually demand it, other times he is goofing around. (And how would such a rumor spread if he was playing a game in confines of his own room anyway .. ), and fits well within the up-to-now displayed tendency of each episode having a few moments of seriousness towards the end, and also fits nicely behind the behavior he is exhibiting now. So ... yea, the show hasn't really given any indication that the issue was anything but real.
Old 2009-10-19, 17:57   Link #395
HandofFate

didn't really enjoy the 3rd episod every much.
just a bunch of empty talk to me.
2nd episode was much better.
Old 2009-10-19, 18:15   Link #396
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
(Who would have imagined we would ever discuss such things int his show ).

It is quite hard to either condemn or excuse him about whatever it is that happened in the past, simply because we know nothing about the circumstances. While he obviously was a central figure of said incident, we really know nothing more than that, nor the state of the relationship with the first of the girls - maybe it had all but fallen apart already. While it is still not a nice situation by any means, sometimes things can go sour without any malicious intent - and given what we know of Ken, i find it unlikely he had any. Despite the goofy appearance he is working very hard to keep going, he actually seems more decent than most people and is fairly clued-in whenever the situation calls for it. Not saying he was either right or wrong with what he did, i am saying it is hard to make that call given we know nothing of it.

And on another note, i still don't see any implications that would make me consider it as anything but real incident - i would have expected some clues dropped if he was talking about a game, and i find it hard to imagine he would have treated the subject so seriously if it did, as only times he has been actually serious is when the issues actually demand it, other times he is goofing around. (And how would such a rumor spread if he was playing a game in confines of his own room anyway .. ), and fits well within the up-to-now displayed tendency of each episode having a few moments of seriousness towards the end, and also fits nicely behind the behavior he is exhibiting now. So ... yea, the show hasn't really given any indication that the issue was anything but real.
Yeah I don't think anyone would have guessed something like this would be discussed. Of course actually makes the series a bit more interesting since you have the humor mixed with these more serious things.

I haven't wanted to make many comments on the action itself since as you said we really don't know the specifics. Do wonder what he thought of his actions at the time? Since he said "in the end, I was two-timing". Makes me think he didn't really expect it to turn out like that but in the end that's how it was. People can change over time so it's not like we can completely put the type of person he is now back in that situation. Yet I don't think he really planned on being involved with two girls at the same time like that. Of course in the end it happened, but it's not like he is denying he was responsible or trying to excuse his actions.

Anyways three people involved in that situation and we barely have any information about what went down. I don't actually get how people are saying it was all about a game.
Old 2009-10-19, 19:23   Link #397
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Well, if they could go serious, his past might slowly creep back to him.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 19:36   Link #398
Midonin
Last Engage

Since we had a Shiina sisters version of the first ED just a few days ago, it looks like both versions of the ED will have a Shiina version and a Chizuru/Kurimu duet version. I assume this also goes for Untitled Third Song (otherwise currently known as "????????").
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 20:12   Link #399
GarethXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Since we had a Shiina sisters version of the first ED just a few days ago, it looks like both versions of the ED will have a Shiina version and a Chizuru/Kurimu duet version. I assume this also goes for Untitled Third Song (otherwise currently known as "????????").
i hope so, the lyrics are funny

and don't know if anyone notice the title of the second ed
Old 2009-10-19, 20:14   Link #400
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarethXL View Post
and don't know if anyone notice the title of the second ed
I'm about ten steps ahead of you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Seitokai Fun Fact