Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-26, 12:37   Link #721
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
then the old dude is gonna die as well.
He is the last person who deserves to die. Akimoto Yousuke needs to sign for a long time in this show.
Old 2009-10-26, 14:46   Link #722
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Velsy: the problem with the boobplate is that there's no good reason for the hollow of her breasts to be reproduced in the armor. It'll only funnel the blades toward her neck instead of away from it. She should get the same kind of armor as males. If she really can't comfortably stuff her breasts in it, bomb it a bit more, but keep the general shape.

As for what Aria is - despite what Luke said, she doesn't look like a rapier. The handle's too long for a purely one-handed sword. And it's doesn't look like it's meant to be held with a finger on the ricasso (is there even one, there?). Also, there isn't much to protect the hand. So... Some kind of bastard long sword?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 14:52   Link #723
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Velsy: the problem with the boobplate is that there's no good reason for the hollow of her breasts to be reproduced in the armor. It'll only funnel the blades toward her neck instead of away from it. She should get the same kind of armor as males. If she really can't comfortably stuff her breasts in it, bomb it a bit more, but keep the general shape.
The plate is pure fan service, there is no other reason for it. Well, maybe its to also remind you that she is a female knight and to give contrast to the male knights, but I think I'm looking into it too much.
Old 2009-10-26, 15:12   Link #724
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
As for what Aria is - despite what Luke said, she doesn't look like a rapier. The handle's too long for a purely one-handed sword. And it's doesn't look like it's meant to be held with a finger on the ricasso (is there even one, there?). Also, there isn't much to protect the hand. So... Some kind of bastard long sword?
I think it's kind of silly that you are still arguing this. "Rapiers" varied widely, and commonly included any one-handed European blade with a hilt that is not a simple cruciform. The older rapiers are, the less extra guarding there is on the hilt, evolving from hilts similar to what Aria is to having cups in much later rapiers. As for the grip being too long, Cecily is a girl, so the grip is going to be long on a sword not specifically designed for a woman. Also, rapiers were not only held with a finger on the guard. Another common grip was with the thumb placed against the guard.

That aside, Luke (a swordsmith in fact) calls it a rapier, which for all intents and purposes is the same thing as the author calling it a rapier, so I don't know what else you want.
Ansalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 15:40   Link #725
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

A more rapier-like sword? Seriously, that hilt bothers me. Women's hand aren't that small.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 16:16   Link #726
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Wouldn't be the first time an anime production got a few details concerning western swords wrong. And since Luke blatantly identifies it as a rapier, that seems to be the case here.

That, or Aria is one of the early rapiers Ansalem mentioned.

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-10-26 at 16:28.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 00:00   Link #727
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

lol @ this image, I wonder what he's thinking.

Old 2009-10-27, 01:08   Link #728
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Judging from all that talk about Cecily's armor, I think it would be better for us to call it a metal sports bra. Why? It performs pretty much the same purpose + gives support for her chest.

Quote:
It isn't really a bastard sword, the blade is too thin and doesn't have alot of chopping power.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 02:40   Link #729
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I watched this last night, from episode 1 - 4. I like the series but its a bit iffy in parts.

Seeing theres bit discussons on amor, I start with that

Cecily's armor, I like it. Its like a chibi breast plate over hers boobs (wouldnt want to harm them) and obvously protects her heart being the most cruial organ in her body. I'll call it a chest guard for now. Its good they didnt give her some useless exotic armor just to please the fans. Female Knights wouldnt wear those chestidy belts either, as they were only used by female gladiators to imtimidate the male fighters. The simple design seriouly gives Cecily some worth in this anime. The boob cups in her armor is sorta overdone, but it'll pass. If you look at her male conterpart of the same rank, they also wear the chest guard and a shoulder pad. So shes defferently not out of place in the Knights Guard order. Using common sence, the fact that shes a low rank knight and only been in service for a month, It explains why her armor is so limited. Its not like the knight guard gives all there low ranked knights expensive heavier armor. Cecily would need to rise a few ranks before I say she aquires the same armors the ellite knights wear and possibly training. Which is all good in my books. Being lightly armored gives her alot of mobility. Luke has next to nothing for armor except armored shoes (dont want to loose some toes eh) and you see how well he can move.

Ima put this next bit in a spoiler tag
Spoiler for Cecily character spoilers Eps 1 - 4:

Keen to watch the next episode!
velsy like i said in the past post

that her knight hood as not earned but given due to her bloodlined she did not hate nor want to be a knight but she was entitled to be one cuz again of her blood line and her family

also yes she is a beginner since she was appointed a knight and not earned it the hards way

WHAT ims trying to say is

SHE WAS APPOINT TO BE A KNIGHT DUE TO BLOOD LINE AND FAMILY AND NOT THAT SHE EARNED IT THROUGH HARD WORK
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 05:30   Link #730
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Heritage was virtualy the only way to become a knight anyway. You didn't 'earn' being a knight, you were born a knight's son, destined to become a knight. And Cecily has trained since she was little. Cecily is not without skill, just without experience.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 06:17   Link #731
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Heritage was virtualy the only way to become a knight anyway. You didn't 'earn' being a knight, you were born a knight's son, destined to become a knight. And Cecily has trained since she was little. Cecily is not without skill, just without experience.
my bad keroko

i am admitting to my mistake

soo there now we know the diff between a experience warrior to a inexperienced one
Old 2009-10-27, 06:43   Link #732
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Either that or an invirile knight takes you in as a protege. You rise from pageboy all the way to a knight, and you serve as the defenders of the land.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-10-27, 07:17   Link #733
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Either that or an invirile knight takes you in as a protege. You rise from pageboy all the way to a knight, and you serve as the defenders of the land.
Depends on the times.
Later only squires of nobel heritage were granted knighthood, those without simply stayed squires for the rest of thier life (but without thier master).

They had the skills of a knight but were not recognized as one.
Of course they were better soldiers then the normal ones and 'Squire' became a titel of its own.
Old 2009-10-27, 07:32   Link #734
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:

That is a good one.
Old 2009-10-27, 07:36   Link #735
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Depends on the times.
Later only squires of nobel heritage were granted knighthood, those without simply stayed squires for the rest of thier life (but without thier master).

They had the skills of a knight but were not recognized as one.
Of course they were better soldiers then the normal ones and 'Squire' became a titel of its own.
That is the problem with anarchy. You get useless people leading armies into battle and let those with distinction get killed in the front line, not good. With bustling trade and opening of economy, it eventually lead to titles being a product on the market, adding more useless but rich people to the pile of trash. The French Revolution is a good example of such a breakdown.

Old 2009-10-27, 09:38   Link #736
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That is the problem with anarchy. You get useless people leading armies into battle and let those with distinction get killed in the front line, not good. With bustling trade and opening of economy, it eventually lead to titles being a product on the market, adding more useless but rich people to the pile of trash. The French Revolution is a good example of such a breakdown.
well lets hope there is nothing of that here in this anime
Old 2009-10-27, 09:55   Link #737
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:

Thats hilarious man good find.

Does it anyone else find it odd that Aria can not pick her wielder? I mean she is not in sword form all the time for being such a powerful sword allowing anyone to use it kind of defeats the purprose. There should at least be some type of conditions to use her at least although it looks like she pledge herself to Cecily in the last episode.

Also whats up with the hilt on the end of her rapier? it looked really tiny to small for even a womans hands to fit through. Im getting the feeling that the breast jokes are going to be a standard through the entire season.
Old 2009-10-27, 10:34   Link #738
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Does it anyone else find it odd that Aria can not pick her wielder? I mean she is not in sword form all the time for being such a powerful sword allowing anyone to use it kind of defeats the purprose. There should at least be some type of conditions to use her at least although it looks like she pledge herself to Cecily in the last episode.
I was surprised with that too. You'd think she'd have more power over something like that.
Quote:
Im getting the feeling that the breast jokes are going to be a standard through the entire season.
They are going to kill the joke.
Old 2009-10-27, 10:51   Link #739
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

You guys are forgetting Aria is a sword that can turn into a woman, not a woman who can turn into a sword. Difference is that her main function is to be a sword, a tool to be used. Any free will she has is secondary to that nature. Also, I'm not surprised she cannot change while being held by someone, however i would have thought she could when not in sword form, but it looks like not.

Also the way she is used, the slim blade profile, shes a rapier, case closed.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 11:04   Link #740
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
They are going to kill the joke.
Nooooooo......I want my milk pillows!

I wonder if would be a filler episode in which Cecily's hairband is replaced with a maid version.

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen