AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Byukugan or sharingan?
Byukugan 407 35.51%
Sharingan 647 56.46%
Neither 92 8.03%
Voters: 1146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-05-11, 08:47   Link #2381
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Mokuton and Sharingan? Well, Mokuton has never exactly mentioned to be inherited, it was Shodai's sole ability... it must be the above average chakra pool.
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 09:43   Link #2382
Demon God
Banned

So far I'm not voting....,because the secrets of the Byakugan has never been revealed...
Demon God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 14:50   Link #2383
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon God View Post
So far I'm not voting....,because the secrets of the Byakugan has never been revealed...
And they never will be because it's not important to the story. Just like Tenten's last name.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 18:53   Link #2384
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
And they never will be because it's not important to the story. Just like Tenten's last name.
I don't know. I don't think it will get sharingan spotlight
Spoiler:
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 07:55   Link #2385
wing 00

i think that the sharnigan would win in a fight because if it was saskue vs neji saskue would trap neji in one of sharnigan mind controls
Old 2010-05-20, 14:36   Link #2386
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing 00 View Post
i think that the sharnigan would win in a fight because if it was saskue vs neji saskue would trap neji in one of sharnigan mind controls
Well we don't exactly know what the effects of genjutsu would have on the byakyugan. There are hints that the byakugan is somewhat resistant to some genjutsu so it might not be that simple. If it's an MS genjutsu than I think it's probable, but still I would be speculating. The next question than would be would a character like Neji play an important role in the future of Naruto. Many speculate that no since none of the rookie's are relevant to Naruto, but others would disagree since relevancy will change in the course of time. If you go by what Kishimoto has said
Spoiler:

It's not necessarily who would win, but rather what possible new things could come about in a fight between the two.
Old 2010-05-20, 15:58   Link #2387
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
Byakugan is shit now. It would be shittier than sharingan in real life to. Imangne having the power to turn anything to cinders that you can see. Imagine having the ability to warp things to an alternate dimension. Imagine being able to see things in slow-mo like that guy off wanted. Now imagine having a telescope in your eyesockets and makes them look like you got cataracts. Byakugan was a credible threat in part one. But so was dying from a kunai or a shuriken.
Yeah, and going blind after using that power is SUCH a great tradeoff...

You may bash on it all you like, but I'd definitely still choose Byakugan. Looks aside, the fact that you have nearly 360 degree vision plus the ability to see through objects (a power the Sharingan does not possess) and see greater distances than anyone without optics, would be a major asset on the modern battlefield, if we're going that far.

And as far as what a real ninja's duties would normally consist of, Byakugan would be more than enough. Sharingan, while certainly powerful, still can't hold a candle to the Byakugan's utility in a reconnoitering/scouting/spying role. Sometimes information gained discreetly can be far more powerful than any space-time jutsu, especially in the theoretical world of ninjas.
Old 2010-05-20, 16:28   Link #2388
defrule

Rinnegan looks as if they see right into your soul for some reason.
defrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 18:31   Link #2389
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Byakugan:
50 meters to 800 meters or more.
See through obstacles.
See chakra on the level of arteries.
Gentle Fist
Real life applications: cheating, scouting, anti-eavesdrop and spying (for at least 800 meters), peeking, espionage.

Sharingan:
What's in front of you.
Forge handwriting, analyze movements and copy jutsu.
See chakra on the gates level.
Look inside the mind and see bijuu.
Control over time and space (dimension transport, fire, etc.)
Real life applications: Forging, cheating, getting rid of annoying people, burning things, genjutsu, detective work.
Old 2010-05-20, 20:02   Link #2390
Im_A_MoP

pretty sure i said this but the sharingan is better 4 close combat and combat in general. byakugan is only gud for info gathering nd maybe long distance.Their jyuuken, while effective on grunts, doesn't really help with the more powerful and unorthodox enemies tht the naruto characters are facing 2day.Buuuut, IRL the byakugan would pwn sharingan bcuz all they need is a a very highpowered nd accurate sniper, get like a half a mile away, nd thn bam!! sharingan wont help there
Im_A_MoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 23:11   Link #2391
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_A_MoP View Post
pretty sure i said this but the sharingan is better 4 close combat and combat in general. byakugan is only gud for info gathering nd maybe long distance.Their jyuuken, while effective on grunts, doesn't really help with the more powerful and unorthodox enemies tht the naruto characters are facing 2day.Buuuut, IRL the byakugan would pwn sharingan bcuz all they need is a a very highpowered nd accurate sniper, get like a half a mile away, nd thn bam!! sharingan wont help there
thats what i believe too...its like zetsu's ability...not nec. made for combat but recon would be awesome...and snipering lol
Old 2010-05-22, 16:14   Link #2392
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
You may bash on it all you like, but I'd definitely still choose Byakugan. Looks aside, the fact that you have nearly 360 degree vision plus the ability to see through objects (a power the Sharingan does not possess) and see greater distances than anyone without optics, would be a major asset on the modern battlefield, if we're going that far.

And as far as what a real ninja's duties would normally consist of, Byakugan would be more than enough. Sharingan, while certainly powerful, still can't hold a candle to the Byakugan's utility in a reconnoitering/scouting/spying role. Sometimes information gained discreetly can be far more powerful than any space-time jutsu, especially in the theoretical world of ninjas.
Scouting yes, it's hard to beat an omnidirectional telescopes/X-ray device. Spying however not so much. The Sharingan possesses built in mind control power, the ability to force people to your bidding, to force them to tell the truth, to project whatever you want in their mind
Spoiler:
ect. would be considerably useful for such activity.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 23:53   Link #2393
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Scouting yes, it's hard to beat an omnidirectional telescopes/X-ray device. Spying however not so much. The Sharingan possesses built in mind control power, the ability to force people to your bidding, to force them to tell the truth, to project whatever you want in their mind
Spoiler:
ect. would be considerably useful for such activity.
This is what makes sharingan and byakugan interesting I think. They're tools in my opinion meant for different things. It's hard to imagine, but if the Hyuga and Uchiha's had joined forces they would be a very hard combination to beat... Over all I think they're meant for different things. Sharingan is great for getting inside, whereas the byakugan is great for as you said scouting...sure it allows the attacking of chakra points, but I think overall thats virtually a last line of defense for them...

As a sniper though the Byakugan would be tough to beat, but in this universe there is no guns, although there are projectile weapons. It's hard to understand why there hasn't been a byakugan user using a blow-gun or a bow and arrow...

What I want to know and hope that Kishimoto gives more incite is the relationship with Byakugan.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-25, 10:55   Link #2394
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

One thing is for certain.
If good old Jiraya would have had the choice between the Rinnegan, EMS and Byakugan he would certainly have chosen the buyakugan
Old 2010-05-28, 08:26   Link #2395
tkdtiger

Well maybe and maybe not. I mean I think he could have used either, but than again Byakugan would be better for multiple opponents since he can see all around him.
Old 2010-05-28, 10:19   Link #2396
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Personally just lean towards preferring the byakugan. More just because it has solid boundaries and limits to it. Sharingan through the series has just evolved to this ridiculous thing that is constantly coming up with new abilities. Kind of funny how when the topic started it was actually a debate between which would be better to have. Now it's not much of a question for in the series since the byakugan has remained static while the sharingan has continued to get new powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
Well maybe and maybe not. I mean I think he could have used either, but than again Byakugan would be better for multiple opponents since he can see all around him.
I'm pretty sure the meaning was due to helping Jiraiya gather 'material' for his books .
Old 2010-05-28, 18:11   Link #2397
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

the Sharigan have way more levels than Super saiyans, there for Byakugan ftw.
Old 2010-05-29, 12:23   Link #2398
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Personally just lean towards preferring the byakugan. More just because it has solid boundaries and limits to it. Sharingan through the series has just evolved to this ridiculous thing that is constantly coming up with new abilities. Kind of funny how when the topic started it was actually a debate between which would be better to have. Now it's not much of a question for in the series since the byakugan has remained static while the sharingan has continued to get new powers.

I'm pretty sure the meaning was due to helping Jiraiya gather 'material' for his books .
lol the joke went way over my head
Old 2010-05-30, 01:23   Link #2399
lilsnoop12

Talking byukugan master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smee View Post
So wut would u rather have and why? Byukugan or Sharingan? I would rather have byukugan cuz u get a 360 degree view and it looks pretty darn cool. sharingan looks cool too but i think byukugan is more usefull.
i wud want byukugan beceause u can watch ur back without actuali watchin ur back nd u can attack chakra flow nd kill ur enemy nd its a very gud deffience aginst close nd far rage attacks.....but u kno wat wud be cool if u can fuse the tu tugether nd call it byushigan.::
lilsnoop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 01:33   Link #2400
Knightrunner

Sharingan because I can copy many justsu and fighting styles I want. All I just have to do is train my physical strength and then copy Might Guys moves and Kakashi's jutsu's then I'll be set.