Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-23, 18:17   Link #61
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Why does he -have to-?
Time constraints and the sheer amount of material left to be covered. But then again, Oda isn't exactly the greatest at pacing and approximating how long something will take. So that being said, this "half" may end up taking twice as long as the first "half". Of course, I could be mistaken when Oda said we're at the halfway point. He could have meant that from a geographical standpoint in the One Piece world, and not from a time standpoint.
Old 2012-09-24, 00:23   Link #62
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

I don't really care if it takes him another 10 or 20 years to finish the story, honestly.

I approve of this .

I hope we get at least one more time skip before the end.

In my opinion It would be more realistic for the Muigawaras to have at least one more time skip before they go after Yonkous/what ever final boss there will be.

Even Roger was around for like at least 20+ years since Brook knew about them before he had died.
Old 2012-09-24, 07:37   Link #63
Blackbeard D. Kuma

With the way things are going now, I don't see this story being finished in 10 years. Of course, the quality rather than the longevity of Oda's work is paramount above all else.
Old 2012-09-24, 07:45   Link #64
ronin myael
lost ronin

i really don't mind how long it would take for oda to finish one piece as long as he keeps giving us good quality material and people are still entertained by it. i admit that it does get dull once in a while and op loses its number one position in the shonen jump weekly rankings, when this happens oda usually tries to take back its former spot by coming up with a good chapter the following week. he quickens the pace a bit and starts revealing some key aspects to the story arc. that's what i have observed anyway, of course i have no proof of this whatsoever. but my point is, oda may seem like the type who doesn't like to rush things but he is also a professional writer/artist in a very competitive industry, so sometimes he might need to quicken his pace a bit and come up with something awesome if he wants to keep his spot. maintaining the number one spot in the manga rankings is hard work, after all.
Old 2012-09-24, 08:05   Link #65
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Oda's frequent breaks also aren't helping matters any. I remember the times when we wouldn't have to be reminded that there's a chapter next week; those days are gone. Hopefully, these breaks aren't indicative of Oda getting lazy/losing interest.
Old 2012-09-24, 10:38   Link #66
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Hopefully, these breaks aren't indicative of Oda getting lazy/losing interest.

They're.... not. Notice how his most frequent breaks happen around the time he's busy with other projects outside of the manga (like how a couple years ago he was busy promoting Strong World and the timeskip). Right now he's got his hands full promoting stuff for the series' 15th anniversary like the upcoming Film Z and that live stage show (which he even created a new character for). So I think it's fair to say that there's a valid excuse for his breaks....

And like I pointed out in my last post, he was just as eager as the rest of us to get to the NW already around the time he was still working on Strong World (I really wish I could find the source of that interview, BTW....). I even remember him mentioning that he had all kinds of ideas of locations for the Straw-Hats to visit, so I don't see him losing any interest in the series anytime soon.
Old 2012-09-24, 12:21   Link #67
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Maybe he should not bother with movies and concentrate more on the manga.
Old 2012-09-24, 12:39   Link #68
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i really don't mind how long it would take for oda to finish one piece as long as he keeps giving us good quality material and people are still entertained by it. i admit that it does get dull once in a while and op loses its number one position in the shonen jump weekly rankings, when this happens oda usually tries to take back its former spot by coming up with a good chapter the following week. he quickens the pace a bit and starts revealing some key aspects to the story arc. that's what i have observed anyway, of course i have no proof of this whatsoever. but my point is, oda may seem like the type who doesn't like to rush things but he is also a professional writer/artist in a very competitive industry, so sometimes he might need to quicken his pace a bit and come up with something awesome if he wants to keep his spot. maintaining the number one spot in the manga rankings is hard work, after all.
Obviously it gets number 1 position during the boss battles,and then looses the spot during the end of the arc.

The story has to be developed somehow.I also don't care how long it takes for Oda to finish the series as long as it makes sense,unlike Bleach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Or maybe not ?Since with OP's popularity in Japan he's getting lots of money.
Old 2012-09-24, 13:04   Link #69
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Supposedly he makes around 10-15 million dollars a year, so unless his family is in desperate need of money, he is doing movies and other entertainment simply because he wants to. Consequently, its in our best interest to let him have his fun so that he doesn't get too bored with One Piece and just start phoning it in...
Old 2012-09-24, 13:41   Link #70
andy

Having the number 1 spot in weekly rankings done mean anything for series like OP , Naruto , Bleach and few more .
Just look at HxH , Togashi takes break for months comes back and sell near a million a Vol that is what matters .
Oda doing other stuff is fine if he wants to , there is no set time for OP to done .

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Supposedly he makes around 10-15 million dollars a year, so unless his family is in desperate need of money, he is doing movies and other entertainment simply because he wants to. Consequently, its in our best interest to let him have his fun so that he doesn't get too bored with One Piece and just start phoning it in...
The latest figure we had was he made made 24 million in 2010.
Old 2012-09-24, 17:08   Link #71
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Time constraints and the sheer amount of material left to be covered.
What time constraints?
Old 2012-09-24, 19:09   Link #72
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
What time constraints?
Oh, maybe the mere fact that Oda said we've already reached the halfway point of the story? Seriously, I've explained myself thoroughly enough. What do you think I've been talking about this whole time? Read my posts more carefully again.
Old 2012-09-24, 19:28   Link #73
andy

Quote:
Oh, maybe the mere fact that Oda said we've already reached the halfway point of the story? Seriously, I've explained myself thoroughly enough. What do you think I've been talking about this whole time? Read my posts more carefully again.
Undertaker said he wants to know if Oda going to done in 8 years but i don't remember Oda ever giving a time frame for when OP has to done .
So he is not under any time constraints to begin with .
Old 2012-09-25, 03:16   Link #74
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

His breaks this year is no different than the amount he took when he was working on the last film.
2010 was the highest amount, 8 breaks (out of 48 Jump issues).

2012 is looking to be about the same at this rate.

He takes a lot more than Kishimoto and Kubo, but Oda is actively involved in WAY more crap than they are. Including scripting movies and working with One Piece fairs.
Naruto an Bleach don't get their own amusement fairs filled with 12 feet tall giant robotic character representations you know.

Start worrying when 24 out of 48 weeks are on break.
Old 2012-09-25, 03:16   Link #75
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
The latest figure we had was he made made 24 million in 2010.
holy crap! that's a lot of money!
Old 2012-09-25, 03:24   Link #76
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

It's an estimate of "at least", he didn't report his figure to the public afaik.

Another show estimated his income for 2011 to be $36 million+.
Old 2012-09-25, 07:30   Link #77
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
His breaks this year is no different than the amount he took when he was working on the last film.
2010 was the highest amount, 8 breaks (out of 48 Jump issues).

2012 is looking to be about the same at this rate.

He takes a lot more than Kishimoto and Kubo, but Oda is actively involved in WAY more crap than they are. Including scripting movies and working with One Piece fairs.
Naruto an Bleach don't get their own amusement fairs filled with 12 feet tall giant robotic character representations you know.

Start worrying when 24 out of 48 weeks are on break.
you're right about that. oda is pretty active when it comes to promoting his series and it's paying off. naruto and bleach might be popular in japan as well but nothing beats the pirate king. only one piece get tokyo dome tours, theme parks, restaurants, shops, life-sized replicas of going merry and thousand sunny. heck, i even saw a photo of a convenient store with a one piece theme! i won't be surprised if there's a one piece museum somewhere.
Old 2012-09-25, 09:37   Link #78
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Undertaker said he wants to know if Oda going to done in 8 years but i don't remember Oda ever giving a time frame for when OP has to done .
So he is not under any time constraints to begin with .
He said we're entering into the second half of the story somewhere. So like I said before, unless he was saying that in a geographical context, that implies there's a time limit.
Old 2012-09-25, 10:31   Link #79
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

i don't think there will be a "sad" arc with sanji's leg... i think the crack is just an injury to show that vergo is that much stronger than him
Old 2012-09-25, 14:38   Link #80
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
I don't get it... Saying "this is the about the halfway point I guess" equals a time limit exactly how?
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion