AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-10-06, 21:36   Link #901
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

^Hm? I don't remember her there...it was the battles against the Capitalist nation one with "Oho-h-ho-ho" & the Maid mercenaries right? There wasn't any prominent pilots in v3 that I can recall.

It was in volume 2 where the other Ace "Burning Alpha" was introduced where he did that insane bombing run. It was then in volume 8 that Burning Alpha & Ice Girl One met & started volleying missiles, gunfire & insults at each other.
Old 2014-10-07, 02:19   Link #902
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
Oh, that reminds me of how funky the names of characters can get. It would be amusing to see anime viewers reaction on hearing them. Alicia Sloppyjoes? Seriously?
Blame cocktail makers. They are the reason Kamachi ever thinks of these names

Also, to name some other few:

Heivia Winchell
Qwenser Barbotage
Milinda Brantini
Sladder Honeysuckle

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 09:06   Link #903
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
I'm quite happy and all...but I'd also like to see Mariydi "Ice Girl 1" Whitewitch from volume 5, I've always been fond of her. Depends on how far it gets adapted I guess, but that certain volume was a deviation from the standard so...

Oh, that reminds me of how funky the names of characters can get. It would be amusing to see anime viewers reaction on hearing them. Alicia Sloppyjoes? Seriously?
I'm on the same boat with you. I'm insanely happy that HO get an adaptation - and hopefully it stay faithful - but there are events that I really want to see, like Ice Girl 1 dueingl with Burning Alpha in full glory, not a background event.
Old 2014-10-27, 10:18   Link #904
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I just finished reading Volume 1 Chapter 1 and 2. This is so hilarious. The writing in this is amazing.

I'm just surprised that Kamachi can write so many myriad works. I also like how at least from the first two chapters I've seen, Quenser seems opposite to Touma in that he likes calculating what to do before rushing in, in order to win.

Heivia and Quenser really complement each other nicely. There's so many physics terms being thrown around here though... *sigh* I really need to learn more physics.

I really like HO. I'm very impressed so far.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 12:44   Link #905
desrtsku
Nympholept

Ah, yeah. I had a similar reaction when I first finished ch2. The joke meter suddenly went up.
If you like those first two chapters, then you'll definitively like the rest. HO is pretty consistent, so drop in the overall quality is rare.

That said, if you want to gauge how hilarious and inventive it can be at times, Vol 2 is where it really starts to pick up. V1 was more of a world building than anything.
Old 2014-10-31, 16:16   Link #906
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Ah, yeah. I had a similar reaction when I first finished ch2. The joke meter suddenly went up.
If you like those first two chapters, then you'll definitively like the rest. HO is pretty consistent, so drop in the overall quality is rare.

That said, if you want to gauge how hilarious and inventive it can be at times, Vol 2 is where it really starts to pick up. V1 was more of a world building than anything.
I managed to get to Volume 2 chapter 2...? This series is so amazing lol. I actually think that he writes this better than Index... it's just that Index is better because there's much more of it, and so it's had way more time and content to be able to pick up on.

Though like I just said, I think the quality of writing is probably better in HO than in Index, surprisingly enough.

That being said, I really enjoy this series, and am happy Heivia seems to be more complex than I initially thought (just after finishing chapter 1/2 whichever one it was where we see a hint of a deeper personality under his "noble" lazy rich-boy guise...)

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-01, 03:33   Link #907
desrtsku
Nympholept

Well, I too think that HO in general is definitely better than most of Index, especially in the comedy category.
I just don't know if the general opinion agrees with that, though.
Old 2014-11-02, 08:09   Link #908
GotEffed2RageQuit
N.Kurogane x N.Vermillion

My first post on this thread.

I think what I liked here is "Protagonist does not consist of one person."

Is this series a mecha or ero novel?
GotEffed2RageQuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 23:37   Link #909
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotEffed2RageQuit View Post
Is this series a mecha or ero novel?
I'd say it's a Mecha themed sci-fi military novel with tons of sex jokes.
Old 2014-11-04, 05:13   Link #910
GotEffed2RageQuit

Oooh thanks.

Does anyone know how Quensette looks like?

Spoiler for Quenser's secret:
Old 2014-11-16, 20:41   Link #911
GotEffed2RageQuit

The Unexplored Summon Blood Sign

New project. Anyone interested?

Secretly waiting for HO anime. BD
Old 2014-11-16, 21:09   Link #912
Pablete
Banned

Well, Js06 isn't for sure.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 21:14   Link #913
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Yeah, it's dropped but we do have a thread for it: forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=127344
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 21:15   Link #914
GotEffed2RageQuit

*sniff* T_T Why?
Old 2014-11-28, 07:41   Link #915
GotEffed2RageQuit

Any news for the anime? And what's the title for Kamachi's latest (or soon to be) release?
Old 2015-01-24, 18:30   Link #916
Takatathien

Am I the only one here who thought Queser Barbotage is a brilliant name because his last name is just two words different from Sabotage, which is the majority of what his role is?

Last edited by Takatathien; 2015-01-25 at 00:30.
Takatathien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-28, 00:04   Link #917
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Hi guys, need to know something related to vol 9 of HO, when we going to know news about this volume?.
RaymondSageClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-28, 01:10   Link #918
Takatathien

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondSageClark View Post
Hi guys, need to know something related to vol 9 of HO, when we going to know news about this volume?.

Well, since the new Toaru Majutsu no Index: New Testament Volume 12 will come out in March 10, 2015 and every other series that the author is currently writing recently just got updated, the odd is that the next Heavy Object volume would come out sometime after that.

But to us who are reading the translated version of the book, it is more important for me to know when or will the translator translate the next volume ^.^

Old 2015-01-28, 23:07   Link #919
Takatathien

Am I the only one here who feel like the author introduce a bunch of female character such as the Princess and the maid, the Olympic doctor and etc... but never mention them again?

Old 2015-01-28, 23:39   Link #920
Miraluka
Banned

That's his forte.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, legendary bikini armor, object, sci-fi, shounen