AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-07-26, 17:21   Link #541
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

That's the problem with Fujino. I replayed Keita's side of this and from what was animated it wasn't just one incident. There were at least 4 flashback incidents and then the final one that got the guys killed. It was never shown if she continued to meet the guys there or if they dragged her there. It's almost as if she was seeking out painful experiences to feel alive but got in a bad situation with those guys who would have killed her with the last incident.

But from what I got out of it, the return of physical pain is the signal that her powers came back as she her insensitivity to physical pain is linked to her powers being sealed away. So that baseball bat to the back was a bad thing in a list of bad things that those guys did to her.
Old 2008-07-26, 17:32   Link #542
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
That's the problem with Fujino. I replayed Keita's side of this and from what was animated it wasn't just one incident. There were at least 4 flashback incidents and then the final one that got the guys killed. It was never shown if she continued to meet the guys there or if they dragged her there. It's almost as if she was seeking out painful experiences to feel alive but got in a bad situation with those guys who would have killed her with the last incident.

But from what I got out of it, the return of pain is the signal that her powers came back as she her insensitivity to pain is linked to her powers being sealed away. So that baseball bat to the back was a bad thing in a list of bad things that those guys did to her.
It was going on for about 6 months. They initially raped her then when they saw she wasn't going to say anything kept bringing her back. She wasn't seeking out painful situations because she couldn't feel the pain. If someone punches you but you don't feel the pain or any anger or emotion from the act it hard to express this to other people even if you know the person was wrong for punching you. This would just bring light to how abnormal you are which is something she tried to hide.
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 19:03   Link #543
orion

Ah, makes more sense now. Thanks.
Old 2008-07-26, 19:17   Link #544
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
All of that is pretty interesting, Slick_rick

I never read the KnK novels but I still felt there was something missing in that movie, and reading your post, I understand what it is. It's a shame they cut out Fujino's inner thoughts.
True. But overall the movie did bring out emotions in it's own right. The movie also made alot of things have more life (the cafe scene, and the fight). So it's a decent trade off.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 22:11   Link #545
Taiyakikung

Send a message via ICQ to Taiyakikung
With these successes in Movies,I think Typemoon has already said farewell to TV series.
In the future,I wish for the "Witch on the holy night" and Tsukihime2 to be made into the Movies too.
Old 2008-07-26, 23:13   Link #546
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
I have to agree, ufotable has done a great job with KnK, and I doubt a TV series can cut it now. The movies give the studios the time and chance to be able to make high quality adaptions, and though the wait time is epic, it's a much more satisfying experience.

The biggest problem with the TV series is the fact that they had to choose between routes, and instead of adapting one, they mixed elements from all of them, which didn't work so well.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 23:30   Link #547
TrueKnight

Crap, Shiki and Kokutou actually let the Fujino live. I don't feel sorry for the rapist because they saw it coming, but when they implied that Fujino killed that taxi driver she already has that 'murderer' label on her....

Damn Kokutou I bet he's feeling happy right now because he just added another abomination in his harem collection.... I swear he better somehow keep Fujino in check so that she won't roaming again killing people, but then again he already conquered Shiki so I guess he'd manage. So now we have Shiki, Fujino and Azaka in his collections.

Good episode and the actions. Also the good thing is Touka's Ferarri. I can't believe she said that she was broke when a Ferarri is already at her garrage. -_-;
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 00:40   Link #548
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Movie 3

Wasn't that opening scene just completely disturbing. That was the most unsettling way they could have opened this film. It really did set the right mood for the entire thing.

This universe is filled with highly disturbed individuals. They've gotten to the point where they're talking about moral superiority among murderers. I find characters like this really fascinating, but I think one has to be very careful about how one approaches their characterization, since, as soon as any plea for sympathy loses even the slightest bit of subtlety, it becomes really hard to actually sympathize with that character. Fujino was an interesting character, and her's was a clear case of morals slowly decaying as her revenge trip went more and more out of control. But, I thought her background came off as a bit ham-fisted, and didn't really contribute anything to her character. I'll swallow the massive coincidence that Kokutou was involved in her past, Kokutou is like some sort of representation of moral normalcy in a world that is morally twisted, so there's this symbolic meaning in his existence in her past. But, what I couldn't accept, was that the Fujino in her flashbacks was the same person as the Fujino that was on this murdering rampage. There was no link, they just felt like two different people, and, as such, there was this irreconcilable disconnect between her past and her present. There was no semblance of her old personality in the present (except for her love for Kokutou, which, I also felt was tacked on). I realize she's undergone a massive amount of trauma, and such a huge change was inevitable. The background stuff may have been put in there to highlight the change her character had undergone, but it isn't as effective when no tangible similarity exists either. It came off as a plea for sympathy to me, which, like I said, only really works if it has the right amount of subtlety.

I find Kokutou fascinating. As I said earlier, I'm convinced he's a representation of moral normalcy in this rather messed up universe (which, take away all the magical powers, isn't all too far removed from our own, a sad indictment on reality). The eventual conclusion he came to through all these events is that rape is worse than murder (as evidenced by his lack of sympathy for Fujino's victims), and, you know what, watching the events that happened throughout this film, you'd find it difficult to disagree. I have a feeling that Shiki thought that Fujino's actions were akin to rape, ie, destroying a person's life for the sake of one's own enjoyment. That's why she found her actions so morally abject. The temptation, as we've seen from the last film, is a big component of Shiki's character, but she appears as if she's putting this great effort into resisting it. I think Fujino despised that accusation considering what had happened to herself, but throughout her murder spree, she was probably growing more and more adept at lying to herself.

A twisted film filled with twisted people and twisted morals. A formula for a fascinating watch, but I think some of the characterization could be a bit better.

Edit: For clarity, I'm not suggesting that rape is universally worse than murder. That depends on the circumstances. Both are pretty difficult to forgive. I'm suggesting that the conclusion Kokutou came to from observing the events of this film is that, in this instance, rape is worse than murder. He sort of admonished Fujino's revenge trip by stating that he really didn't have any sympathy for her victims. I find that an interesting complexity. It opens the idea of which is worse up for debate. In a sense, this is what this series is about: when two people commit unforgivable acts, which of the two is more moral?

Last edited by Sorrow-K; 2008-07-28 at 20:53. Reason: To clarify my view
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 05:40   Link #549
arkxkra
全力全開

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
If you provide a time frame, I could make it for you.
er, the time is around 51:49 ~ 51:54.
Old 2008-07-27, 05:51   Link #550
Mentar
Banned

Am I the only one who found Azaka strangely adorable?

I really hope that we'll be getting treated to more Shiki-Azaka antics. I'd also like to see how they developed this fierce rivalry. Putting my hopes in chapter 4 or 5.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 06:58   Link #551
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
No. No you weren't.
Old 2008-07-27, 06:58   Link #552
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:

I really hope that we'll be getting treated to more Shiki-Azaka antics. I'd also like to see how they developed this fierce rivalry. Putting my hopes in chapter 4 or 5.
Chapter 6 is Azaka centric
Old 2008-07-27, 07:14   Link #553
TrueKnight

Is Azaka's character like Tohno Akiha by any chance? They do resemble each other.....alot.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 08:11   Link #554
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Is Azaka's character like Tohno Akiha by any chance? They do resemble each other.....alot.
Well, people have been saying that Azaka is a proto for Akiha...and I agree.

Brother complex

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 10:11   Link #555
Eviltape

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Damn Kokutou I bet he's feeling happy right now because he just added another abomination in his harem collection....
No, his thoughts are probably more along the lines of a Super Sentai team member fighting for justice and morality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
er, the time is around 51:49 ~ 51:54.
You're right, it's too HNNNNGGG.

Eviltape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 19:13   Link #556
orion

Quote:

I found her to be irritating.
Old 2008-07-27, 19:46   Link #557
Same_Shark

Not sure if it's been posted yet. Here ya go!

sprinter PV
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 19:49   Link #558
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I found her to be irritating.
Already? Well, we'll see how she is when she gets more screentime.
Old 2008-07-27, 20:22   Link #559
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
On a side note, here is a freebie
I will take it, Thanks.
Old 2008-07-27, 21:19   Link #560
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Already? Well, we'll see how she is when she gets more screentime.
My tolerance of girls with brother complexes is very low.

Tags
action, harem, type moon