AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 376 64.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 86 14.65%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 7.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 3.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 0.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.34%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.34%
1 out of 10 : Painful 31 5.28%
Voters: 587. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-31, 14:47   Link #481
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

The one thing im wondering is did suzaku join lelouch or did lelouch geass him with his new super geass or did he join willingly? because one minute he's saying he needs to avenge euphie getting ready to attack and the next he's KO0
Old 2008-08-31, 14:48   Link #482
Shrew

Send a message via AIM to Shrew Send a message via MSN to Shrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
'Power'? What 'power' do the BKs have? Thanks to the FLEIA and Rolo's escape, they're down to a mere few members, and Kallen's probably going to defect. She goes, they're dead on the water.
I was thinking the same thing without Lelouch's tactics they are nothing.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
The one thing im wondering is did suzaku join lelouch or did lelouch geass him with his new super geass or did he join willingly? because one minute he's saying he needs to avenge euphie getting ready to attack and the next he's KO0

it also said 1 month later so maybe Lelouch explained to him what really happened. Maybe with the help of C.C.
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 14:49   Link #483
Dream_Traveller
Banned

That may be so, Dilla- but Anya's role isn't over yet. No doubt she may want info from Lelouch.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 14:50   Link #484
superzombie23

Quote:
Well he doesn't have red circles around his eyes when protecting Lulu from the guards. They must have made a deal.
superzombie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 14:51   Link #485
Dream_Traveller
Banned

It's because they're fulfilling their promise from years ago, and it's because they both fully understand each other. No underhanded tricks here.
Old 2008-08-31, 14:52   Link #486
NoLongerSane

Quote:
I think that Lulu convinced him to join since he probably told him that he would become the next ruler. Anyway, I just finish watching this episode and was thinking to myself on how those two pretty much gave up on their convictions and are now ruling Brittannia. From what it look like, we are on the concord to hell, and Lulu and Suzaku are the pilot and co-pilot. I am just wondering with the remaining episodes how many others are they going to pull down with them.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 14:53   Link #487
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by superzombie23 View Post
Well he doesn't have red circles around his eyes when protecting Lulu from the guards. They must have made a deal.
There's nothing to achieve in avenging Euphie anyways.

I just hope those two did some planning before revealing themselves to the world in that one month period.

BTW what happened to Japan? Is it still under Britannian rule? I mean we do see them repairing the settlement.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 14:54   Link #488
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by superzombie23 View Post
The red circles only comes on when he is in a situation where he is 1) very likely to die 2) going to die.

Those guards where no threat to Suzaku that's why the red circles didn't show up.

OR

Jeremiah is actually with them and he canceled the geass as part of their agreement.

Really though, Suzaku only cares about results now so siding with the emperor is probably the best/quickest way to accomplish things.
Old 2008-08-31, 14:58   Link #489
ZolfKimbley.BG
Explode!

Somehow, I didn't expect the emperor to die in episode 21. You know... it leaves a weird taste in the mouth. I've always thought that the 'Boss', the badass dude with all the power, has to be killed in an epic fight at the very last episode, or at least the before last episode.
Buuuut those are just cliche ideas ingrained by countless other cliche animes and movies into my head, and from what I've seen up till now, clicles don't exist in Code Geass.

I didn't expect that Marianne was also someone as ruthless and uncaring as the Emperor. Everything was so sudden... as the anime progresses towards the ending, the twists in the plot become more and more unexpected and surprising. After watching the anime up till now, to tell the truth, I won't be surprised at all if Suzaku betrays Lelouch for some reason and kills him. Or if it turns out that Nunally is alive but then she gets killed somehow.

I tell ya, either everyone will die, or Lelouch and/or C.C will stay alive at the end with all of their friends killed.
ZolfKimbley.BG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 15:09   Link #490
superzombie23

I was wondering about when Charles said you can't use your geass against anyone here, then the sudden realization that Lelouch knew that the World of C is actually a human will. Charles then said you can't win god over with the Power of the Kings to deter Lelouch from a victory. Is this implying that Lelouch was planning on using Geass to geass the god entity?? I couldn't tell if Lelouch made a wish to or commanded the god when he made his move. So my main question is did Lelouch gain his new power by geassing the "god", or did he get it by just pleading?

Since Lelouch knew that the realm they were in was controlled by the will of human conscious, was he trying to geass it to bend the situation in his favor, or was he just pleading/wishing to "god"? Lelouch did say "No, there's someone else here," so it seems like he's talking about trying to use geass on that entity's collective human will in response to Charles statement. I think he did geass it for his power to stop Marianne and Charles, or am I wrong?

edit: k i finished editing XD

Last edited by superzombie23; 2008-08-31 at 15:36.
Old 2008-08-31, 15:14   Link #491
thedonkiluminati

Alright, for those people who didn't like this episode, I understand. The ultimate goal, who killed Marianne and why, I found disappointing. At the same time, they saved the episode(imo) with Lelouch coming out saying he killed the Emperor, Suzaku is his Knight(with smug evil smile on Suzaku's face), geassing the Imperial court, and finishing it off with Schneizel looking as if everything is going according to plan. Like i said, I can understand why some people would hate this episode, but I could watch the last 5 minutes over and over again.
Old 2008-08-31, 15:18   Link #492
golthin

Quote:
He joined him! he is already geared with the "live on" geass.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 15:21   Link #493
lightbringer
M9000

Well, I expected Marianne to side with Charles, and both of them to die, but what I think NOONE expected was the Knight of Zero deal. C.C. coming out of this alive, immortal, and with her memories intact was also pretty unexpected, and many of us believed Lulu to lose his Geass this episode.

Lulu's face at the end looked like a budget cut, but I agree that Suzaku's was priceless.

Quote:
I also wanna know just WTF Lulu said to him to get him to join, but on the other hand a whole month did pass between those two minutes. I wouldn't be surprised if Suzaku now knows the whole truth behind Euphie's incident and a number of other Geass cases.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 15:23   Link #494
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonkiluminati View Post
Alright, for those people who didn't like this episode, I understand. The ultimate goal, who killed Marianne and why, I found disappointing. At the same time, they saved the episode(imo) with Lelouch coming out saying he killed the Emperor, Suzaku is his Knight(with smug evil smile on Suzaku's face), geassing the Imperial court, and finishing it off with Schneizel looking as if everything is going according to plan. Like i said, I can understand why some people would hate this episode, but I could watch the last 5 minutes over and over again.
Well, Lelouch is not doing thing like before, he is not using his smarts anymore, but forcing his way with geass. Schneizel is a better chess player than lelouch, so i wouldn't be surprised if he already had this planned. He is following Charles path without knowing it.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 15:32   Link #495
Cartoon
Wagon driver

Send a message via AIM to Cartoon
So Marianne and Charles disintegrate to their death?
Hmmm, where have I seen this before?
Cartoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 15:34   Link #496
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Except that method of death has been done loads of times before and Sunrise isn't GAINAX.
Old 2008-08-31, 15:34   Link #497
kazumapwns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
True, but I hope lelouch will find a way to save her.

Anyway, can we talk about something else that C.C. all the time?
maybe lelouch will give her some love because all she ever wanted is to be loved

Last edited by kazumapwns; 2008-08-31 at 15:35. Reason: misspelled
kazumapwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 15:35   Link #498
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I hold my judgement on Lelouch till the next episode. Being honest, I thought that would be the most logical way for Lelouch to become emperor is by using his geass anyway. We'll see what he has planned though.
Old 2008-08-31, 15:35   Link #499
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Damn this episode was just insane. So much going on and I didn't expect a lot of what went down here. Was Marianne out to draw on Suzaku's face or something ? Didn't expect her and CC to be the ones to find him and bring him up to speed.

Finally the answers about what happened back then were clear. Poor Anya being at the wrong place and thus a place for Marianne to hang out until now. Was hoping she would get free from that and it happened relatively quickly.

The world better just throw in the towel. With Lelouch and Suzaku on the same side it is over . Will see if they really can accomplish anything when combining their powers. Will be interesting to know what kind of chat they had over the past month before taking the throne. Certainly a lot to talk about considering what happened between them. Get the full story behind things like Euphy and Shirley. Suzaku just keeps jumping up in rank with this Knight of Zero one.

Definitely an episode you can love or hate.
Old 2008-08-31, 15:39   Link #500
superzombie23

Someone answer my question about if Lelouch geass'd the god of the World of C for his new power or not? I couldn't tell if he got it from pleading or geassing. I think he geass'd it, and it makes sense since Charles said there's no one here to geass, then it's made clear that the thing that controls the World of C is a collective human will, so it can be geass'd.