AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2011-07-07, 09:50   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Finale OVA Series

Per ANN and other news sources, Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu is getting a third (and presumably final) anime project to coincide with the coming end of the light novels. I am assuming this will be another TV anime, but details haven't yet been confirmed.

First Season Thread
Second Season Thread

Personally, I think this coinciding with the end of the novels will lend itself well to a greater focus on the story and on resolving all the plot points setup in the first season. So for people who didn't really like the second season all that much, I think there is still a reason to give the third season a chance... but time will tell if I'm just being optimistic.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-07-07 at 12:59. Reason: fix typo...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 09:51   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

I've come this far, no stopping now.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 10:35   Link #3
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I've come this far, no stopping now.
This.
I so can't wait to see that giga-punching bag protagonist again. It's been too long to remember how I felt about most of it, but one thing I still remember (barely) are my opinions of that thing.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 12:55   Link #4
Miraluka
Banned

It seems this anime has the capability to predict its own and other series sequels (?) .

Oh, boy I guess I can't avoid to not watch this series, again .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 12:57   Link #5
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Count me in on the "I've come this far, no turning back now" train. While I didn't enjoy the second season nearly as much as I did the first (seeing they borderline retconed the progress the two managed during the first season, especially the end of it) it was still an overall likable affair, and seeing Yuuto and Haruka interact provides just the right amount of sugary fluff to sink in, without quite suffocating in the process.

So long as this one doesn't start from ten paces backwards again, and manages to deliver a satisfying conclusion on the relationship (and with the novel ending, there is no reason it shouldn't, right ? ... right ?) I will be a happy camper.
Old 2011-07-20, 10:50   Link #6
NeoFireHawk

Chapter five of the light novel was far more interesting and had more character development than the whole twelve episodes of Purezza put together.

Really, the entire thing was a huge disappointment. Well, my disappointment began in the first season, when decided to omit and alter the whole story, in order to leave out important stuff and character development like what happens at the beginning of volume two of the novel. Now, while that was understandable to a point due to how little they could animate in just 13 episodes, what they did in the second season really had no acceptable excuse. If somebody is up to date with the light novels then correct me, but I had the feeling that the whole main plot for Purezza was anime-original due to how uninteresting it was.

Personally, I think I'll pass on watching the third season for a while, since I'm following the light novel, watching this new anime adaptation could potentially spoil me a good part of the story, so I'll stick to the light novel for now.
NeoFireHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 11:55   Link #7
tsunade666

The novel is ending..... so I will probably will watch this one. Despite the huge story crash of second season I still enjoyed watching it so a third season wouldn't be bad.
Old 2011-07-20, 12:52   Link #8
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Yay! I enjoyed seasons 1 and 2 and am looking forward to a possible "conclusion" to the series in anime as well.
Old 2011-07-20, 18:35   Link #9
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoFireHawk View Post
If somebody is up to date with the light novels then correct me, but I had the feeling that the whole main plot for Purezza was anime-original due to how uninteresting it was.
I haven't read the novels, but there was a chart in (I think it was) Dengeki G's Magazine that showed which novel the story from each episode of the Second Season was pulled from, so my understanding is that there was no entirely-anime-original plot. However, the story was re-sequenced (even in the chart they showed it wasn't told in order -- some of the standalone stories were moved around) and I'm sure altered somewhat, not necessarily unlike what you claim happened for the first season.

My impression is that it seems probable even the original author stretched out the story in the middle section, which is why I think the anime in the third season should have more focus with the ending in sight. Even still, I did enjoy the second season, even though I would agree that it was weaker than the first.
Old 2011-07-22, 07:03   Link #10
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

The ending is gonna be cliche to the max but the stuff before the ending might be good
Old 2011-07-22, 07:33   Link #11
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I wonder how the third season is going to be handled.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 17:42   Link #12
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I wonder how the third season is going to be handled.
I am hopeful they will do what they did with the Gosick novels - that is, they will air the eps and the last eps will coincide with the last volume of light novels released.
Old 2011-07-23, 22:11   Link #13
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That depends on how much they "tweaked" the light novel portions in Season 1 and Purezza. But yes, here's to hoping that it stays true to the novels.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 23:18   Link #14
relentlessflame

*Administrator

So, as the thread title now shows, they announced today that this will be a four-part OVA series, released monthly. They don't say how long each episode will be, though I suppose we might presume the normal length. They mention that it'll pick up where the anime left off with Volume 11, and the final was Volume 15, so five volumes in four episodes... well, it'll be an overview.

I'm still looking forward to seeing how the franchise ends.
Old 2012-04-10, 23:22   Link #15
Midonin
Last Engage

Not quite the format I expected, but I'm still looking forward to it.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 01:38   Link #16
Valky
Radioactive

It really is turns out not what we expected to be ..

I was expecting TV series honestly, considering they have enough LNs to make one cour anime. So they ended up do OVAs huh .. Well, I already watched the first and second season, so it won't be hurt to watch it until the end.
Old 2012-04-11, 04:34   Link #17
AP24

I'm pretty sure Yuuto and Haruka will say "himitsu-desu" in the end just like they did in the end of each previous season. LOL

But 5 volumes in 4 episodes, they're definitely gonna cut out a lot of stuff. I just hope each episode will be at least 30 min so that we will get a half-cour length.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 14:28   Link #18
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
So, as the thread title now shows, they announced today that this will be a four-part OVA series, released monthly. They don't say how long each episode will be, though I suppose we might presume the normal length. They mention that it'll pick up where the anime left off with Volume 11, and the final was Volume 15, so five volumes in four episodes... well, it'll be an overview.

Kinda seems an odd way to do it to me ... but will still be happy to see how the series will end.
Old 2012-04-12, 02:08   Link #19
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Color me slightly disappointed - I was certainly looking towards a season's worth of experience for the finale. The second one had its issues, but overall it's still a series I enjoy for the sheer sugary fluffiness of it, so it being cut short (compared to what it potentially could have been) is a bit of a letdown.

Ah well, I guess I won't complain much so long as they deliver a good closure (and something definite on the romance front!). The monthly wait between episodes is going to be a murder for any built up tension regarding previous episodes though, meh.
Old 2012-04-13, 02:51   Link #20
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post

I'd personally like to say with only 4 episodes coming out and 4 volumes still left to deal with that the episodes are going to be longer especially if they are going to be only once a month.