AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-27, 10:08   Link #13721
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
And I guess Mr Kyon just edited, because I can see this:
I've been editing this story for awhile, fixing typos and sorts.

But when I saw...that... Well, I had a brief psychotic episode.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-08-27, 10:11   Link #13722
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Well, you don't see me flipping behind my computer screen when I keep seeing 'realize' and other American English lol...
Old 2011-08-27, 10:15   Link #13723
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I can't believe Vento is at the top.
I picked Vento....
Old 2011-08-27, 10:35   Link #13724
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Canon or not, inconsistences are still inconsistences, just acept it and don't take it so seriously, didn't Kamachi said the Fanfare purpose was to introduce cyborgs?
No. Fanfare in itself didn't have an specific purpose. But it is after it was done that they said "hey, why not". It should be noted that within the novel the idea of cyborg was denied because of conceptual irregularities & unreliability (in vol 19, it isn't that long before NT1).

Speaking of that "level 0 talk", remember that the kanji for lvl 0 reads as "(person) without powers", so calling people outside the power curriculum program as such isn't necessarily wrong. Also lvl 0 should have aim and the like, otherwise Tsuchimikado wouldn't have "lost" his magic by being lvl 0 and Shiage would be able to learn magic (they already told him nay).

BTW, supposedly lvl 0s do have some powers (like, enough to bend a spoon for their school tests).
Old 2011-08-27, 10:44   Link #13725
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Well, you don't see me flipping behind my computer screen when I keep seeing 'realize' and other American English lol...
IT'S DIFFERENT!!

Anyways...

Quote:
"More importantly, how is Amai's mass-produced Radio Noise plan?"

"Well, Amata's son is—"

"—"
I'm sure this will never come bite Accelerator or the clones in the ass.

[EPIC FORESHADOWING]

Edit: Wait a minute... Could they be refering to Accelerator...?

NO NO NO, JUNIOR IS CANON, JUNIOR IS CANON!!

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-08-27, 10:48   Link #13726
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
No. Fanfare in itself didn't have an specific purpose. But it is after it was done that they said "hey, why not". It should be noted that within the novel the idea of cyborg was denied because of conceptual irregularities & unreliability (in vol 19, it isn't that long before NT1).

Speaking of that "level 0 talk", remember that the kanji for lvl 0 reads as "(person) without powers", so calling people outside the power curriculum program as such isn't necessarily wrong. Also lvl 0 should have aim and the like, otherwise Tsuchimikado wouldn't have "lost" his magic by being lvl 0 and Shiage would be able to learn magic (they already told him nay).

BTW, supposedly lvl 0s do have some powers (like, enough to bend a spoon for their school tests).
Yeah but not all of them have powers to bend a spoon.
It goes from:
normal person < level 0 (nonexistent < passive < weak or hard to control powers < bending a spoon) < level 1...
The nonexistent case is when espers don't even know their ability nor are able to manifest it in any way.
(Note here: Level 0s would not be complaining that they don't have an ability if they had some.. btw to even bend a spoon you need an ability)

That's why I was not sure if Nayuta was really reffering to her as a normal person or that there are level 0 withou AIM at all.
But if you say that the Kanji is the same, then (considering the Japanese "means everything" synonyms) she probably just reffered to her as a normal person.
Old 2011-08-27, 10:49   Link #13727
mark1246

Dear To Aru fan, another quick question:

Ok, after finishing NT2 a week ago i started to ponder and think why it took the author
like 5 month to finish this novel!. Don't get me wrong i Like it and everything but..... here is what i felt, thAT Kazuma Kamachi wanted a little break from writing and he found a popular fan fiction writer and ask to write a story where everything is re-cap and so forth and after the re-cap part is done and the castle come the fanfic writer switches with Kazuma Kamachi to finish the last chapter......I’m not hating or another here everybody but the thought came to my mind. i mean 5month to do a re-cap novel.

If any one has any thoughts or clue why that might be please reply , I’m always open to suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yeah [Crimson] was false... Actually, it was the only false information we've got for NT2 right? What a huge improvement!

But I disagree that it would be a better name, [Gremlin] is unique while [Crimson] has become far too generic. Plus the poetic meaning for that name...

No cliff hanger, just an open ending.
OK, thanks Chaos2Frozaen, but open ending..hmm i bet there
won't be an mars ss 2 sad
Old 2011-08-27, 10:53   Link #13728
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Don't forget, Kamachi-san still has Heavy Object. And if you think 5 months is long, pity the Haruhi fans...
Old 2011-08-27, 12:03   Link #13729
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Wasn't it also said somewhere that Kamachi wrote NT2 and NT3 at the same time?
Old 2011-08-27, 12:46   Link #13730
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post

That's why I was not sure if Nayuta was really reffering to her as a normal person or that there are level 0 withou AIM at all.
But if you say that the Kanji is the same, then (considering the Japanese "means everything" synonyms) she probably just reffered to her as a normal person.
Simple answers because the writer of the book aren't the same so inconsistency are bound to happen. Fanfare wasn't canon to begin with. It was only recognize canon with the release of NT 1.
Old 2011-08-27, 13:27   Link #13731
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Wasn't it also said somewhere that Kamachi wrote NT2 and NT3 at the same time?
Designing the outline concepts =/= writing.
Old 2011-08-27, 13:40   Link #13732
Hiro Hayase

Hey guys which do you like better? When characters are stuttering they either go with 'Wha-What' or 'Wha-what'. The only difference is the capitalization, but I figured that we should pick one of them for consistency throughout the Toaru LN.

A. Wha-What, N-No,Th-That

or

B. Wha-what, N-no, Th-that

Kamachi-sensei wrote NT1 and HEAVY OBJECT during his 4-5 month long break. NT3 isn't even out yet.....

P.S. Hurricane Irene is going to hit my region later today....I might lose power for awhile....
Old 2011-08-27, 13:59   Link #13733
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

I vote for A.

Old 2011-08-27, 14:04   Link #13734
ovum
...Is a lightning bolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post

Ok, after finishing NT2 a week ago i started to ponder and think why it took the author
like 5 month to finish this novel!. Don't get me wrong i Like it and everything but..... here is what i felt, thAT Kazuma Kamachi wanted a little break from writing and he found a popular fan fiction writer and ask to write a story where everything is re-cap and so forth and after the re-cap part is done and the castle come the fanfic writer switches with Kazuma Kamachi to finish the last chapter......I’m not hating or another here everybody but the thought came to my mind. i mean 5month to do a re-cap novel.

If any one has any thoughts or clue why that might be please reply , I’m always open to suggestion

OK, thanks Chaos2Frozaen, but open ending..hmm i bet there
won't be an mars ss 2 sad

Here in Sweden some TRANSLATIONS take half a year to do(with additional delays afterwards). Yes I'm looking at you keeper of the swords series.
sól valtiva.
-Surtr, fiery giant of Múspell
Old 2011-08-27, 14:56   Link #13735
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post

or

I vote B. 10charlimit
Old 2011-08-27, 15:16   Link #13736
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I heard somewhere that a level 0 AIM can screw a mage over, but I don't know if it was stated somewhere in LN or just made up.
Made up, definitely made up.

Lets assume this is somehow possible- The Level 0 has to be humping the magician or something to be close enough to have any effect, and it's a two way street- he would be also be affected by the magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post

Lol, 5 months is long? You've been spoiled for too long... Haruhi was on hiatus for 2 years plus....

Plus if you look at the past release dates, the second and third volumes to be released every year are very close to each other, taking only two months give or take implying that both volumes are written at the same time.
Old 2011-08-27, 15:18   Link #13737
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Why Nayuta concluded, that Dorm Manager is a level 0, when she didn't saw any AIM field?
Shouldn't she say "normal person" there?
Or does this mean level 0 without any powers developed (Saten, Shiage..) don't have any AIM field?
My Chinese version was saying something like "How can someone even weaker than a Level 0 defeat a Level 5?", basically...
Quote:
Yeah but not all of them have powers to bend a spoon.
It goes from:
normal person < level 0 (nonexistent < passive < weak or hard to control powers < bending a spoon) < level 1...
The nonexistent case is when espers don't even know their ability nor are able to manifest it in any way.
(Note here: Level 0s would not be complaining that they don't have an ability if they had some.. btw to even bend a spoon you need an ability)

Basically, this.
Old 2011-08-27, 15:20   Link #13738
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

^Then shouldn't we add a footnote to highlight this for readers?

Old 2011-08-27, 15:38   Link #13739
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
Hey guys which do you like better? When characters are stuttering they either go with 'Wha-What' or 'Wha-what'. The only difference is the capitalization, but I figured that we should pick one of them for consistency throughout the Toaru LN.

or

I also vote B.

But, I think it should be W-what. (I've never heard anyone stuttering Wha-what.)
Old 2011-08-27, 17:06   Link #13740
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
I also vote B.

But, I think it should be W-what. (I've never heard anyone stuttering Wha-what.)
Actually stuttering is just one example of those, it also happens when characters are flustered, embarrassed, extremely shocked, and etc..
Spoiler for Volume 16 epilogue:

Spoiler for NT2 chapter 1:

And there's plenty more such instances with Kanzaki, Itsuwa, Mikoto, and other characters due to one of those reasons I mentioned above. They are not all stuttering since sometimes characters have trouble speaking when they're flustered like Kanzaki. I prefer B, but I'll go with A if the sentence starts 'N-No!' or something similar to that like 'A-At'.

W-what or Wha-what, either works I guess. But I'm a bit reluctant to that change since it originally said "Wha, what!" The various editors changed that into "Wha-what!" over time.

Btw are we finally going with Romaji names instead of the officially released names, I saw a few changes on Toaru's name guidelines on B-T like Oriana Thomason is now Oriana Thomson. Is this change final...?

Oriana Thomason -> Oriana Thomson
Sasha Croitsef -> Sasha Kreutzev
Misha Croitsef -> Misha Kreutzev
Vasilissa -> Vasilisa

P.S. Kyon make an account already, sheesh. ("But that Electromaster Missy really has some guys." Most hilarious typo evar?) LOOOOOL, I agree.
Fixed sentence is now: "But that Electromaster Missy really has some guts" thanks to Kyon.

Last edited by Hiro Hayase; 2011-08-28 at 10:44.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen