AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-27, 15:09   Link #141
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah, that's the high school I remember --- every good moment was punished by five or ten bad moments.
Old 2012-10-27, 15:10   Link #142
ookamigirl

Yamato is just too sweet sometimes.
Things are kinda getting harder for Tachibana though.
At least their relationship is making some progress.
Yamato's "friends" are no fun... mostly jealous I guess.
Mei seems to be very observant.
Really nice episode with some issues resolved.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 15:20   Link #143
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm glad I like romance, because this show is just drenched in it. Along with the "general ugliness of teenagers" and "every good moment...punished by five or ten bad moments." But the good moments are very, very good. I just about fell in love with that bandage myself, lol.

Good work by Kayano Ai, despite a few moments early on of what might have seemed excessive weakness in her voice. Kaji Yuuki did a great job of portraying Hayakawa.
Spoiler for ep4:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-10-27 at 15:34.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 18:41   Link #144
Thor's Hammer

CR's script was iffy for me. I'll wait for another release before commenting on both episode 3 (since I didn't last week) and 4.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 20:54   Link #145
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.4
the more whole mei-yamato doing indeed expect some people getting jealous about so now meet hayakawa who tried to ruin it.

but get let see grit those teeth punch by yamato cause of insulting mei then give each them own probs like aiko's "dieting" issues wanting yamato give mei feel sorry for her.

yet mei checking on yamato see his hand cause defend for mei.

4eps of this with drama, emotion, etc wonder degrassi route keep going?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 20:57   Link #146
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I thought that ep 4 was excellent - another very well done adaptation.

Mei is a such a wonderful character. I also love that quiet strength that periodically comes forth from her.
Old 2012-10-27, 22:39   Link #147
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Great 4th episode. Like the manga I'm impressed at the interaction between the characters (Yamato and Mei in particular) and the maturity on Mei's development as a character. Her willingness to come out of her shell and be more open is definitely present, but her walls regarding Yamato still need a bit more breaking it seems. Oh well don't change what works. I really hope next episode what I think it could be. Can't wait.

Quote:
Mei is a such a wonderful character. I also love that quiet strength that periodically comes forth from her.
It's definitely one of the traits that make her a great and identifiable heroine. Her maturity mixed with her willingness to change and be more open definitely adds more depth and development to her character. She's still on the shy side, but it's naturally since the whole boy x girl relationship is still new to her, and her "walls" are gradually breaking down.
Old 2012-10-28, 09:41   Link #148
garbage

nice episode, great performance by kayanon i think, though it's straight and straight romance but her performance carries the show forward .
mei character was also likeable, surprised she went forward to "defend" aiko there, considering aiko's is her [rival] somewhat. not many people would do so , much less young students, that requires great mental conviction. most would just freeze.

the end part was great. with that " i love that scar so much i could cry"
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 10:16   Link #149
Thor's Hammer

On episodes 3 and 4 (will try to avoid directly reciting spoilers): A shoujo where things actually happen!

Mei, although willing to have Yamato accompany her, still has trust issues rooted in the psychological damage she received when younger. She didn't believe that Yamato could truly pick her out of the large amount of girls that he could choose to be with, and outright stated that she didn't understand his character enough. Hearing something unfavorable about Yamato when being pulled aside only made this worse, as she became depressed and went off on her own. Yamato chose to reveal more about himself, and how he admires Mei for not being afraid to voice her discontent, while he is typically acts inoffensive to avoid conflict, which resulted in personal problem arising. Having lived in her own bubble for a long time, this sparks Mei to attempt to move on from her psychological damage and attempt to be more sociable. After a small timeskip, people have taken notice of Mei's attempt to be more sociable, and there's quite a bit of gossip regarding Yamato and Mei. A supposed friend of Yamato's asks that Yamato take Mei out so that he can meet her. He is pure scum, which Mei obviously detects since she is observant, and refuses to associate with him. Mei's problems with trust arise again as she was not pleased about how Yamato could possibly introduce her to such a terrible person, and stays clear of him for a while. Yamato picks up on what the guy did and defends Mei in her absense. Mei later defends somebody else and grills the jerk that Yamato introduced her to. Mei, having been taken advantage of and not having people help her in times of need, is touched after seeing evidence about Yamato's defense of her (which was not even spurred on by request), and perhaps this is the beginning of something more intimate.
Old 2012-10-31, 11:24   Link #150
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

This just isn't really my cup of tea. I hate sappy — or more accurately in this case, catty — teenage melodramas with a passion, and Sukkitte ii na yo represents just about everything I loathe about such stories. A portrayal of a thoroughly shallow and cavalier approach to relationships that I would vigorously advise any person, young or old, to avoid in real life. And to make matters worse, it's contrasted with an overly idealised couple that could only exist in reel life, hence ironically worsening the teenage fantasies that perpetuate the portrayed problems in reality. But that's just me and my personal preferences talking. From a technical and professional perspective, on the other hand, I can well understand why this series works. Very well, I might add.

So, a rather odd pick for me this season: a show I would rather not touch with a ten-foot pole, but which I watch in any case for what it can teach me about how this genre operates. A shame that it doesn't attract the attention I think it deserves.

Last edited by TinyRedLeaf; 2012-10-31 at 11:37.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 11:57   Link #151
Thor's Hammer

Being handled by ZECXS is the big primary reason for why this show doesn't attract more attention, as the studio doesn't have a very good reputation. The other big reason is that most people who watch such series prefer to see some idealized scenarios where both the male and the female are virgins, and to see a slow courtship.
Old 2012-10-31, 13:32   Link #152
Blaat

I think the biggest reason why this show isn't popular because shoujo isn't big on this forum, along with the fact you actually had to rely on actual fansubs (in this day and age) for the first few episodes before CR picked it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
The other big reason is that most people who watch such series prefer to see some idealized scenarios where both the male and the female are virgins, and to see a slow courtship.
Surely this argument only applies to Japanese otaku, not western ones.
Old 2012-10-31, 13:44   Link #153
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
This just isn't really my cup of tea. I hate sappy — or more accurately in this case, catty — teenage melodramas with a passion, and Sukkitte ii na yo represents just about everything I loathe about such stories. A portrayal of a thoroughly shallow and cavalier approach to relationships that I would vigorously advise any person, young or old, to avoid in real life. And to make matters worse, it's contrasted with an overly idealised couple that could only exist in reel life, hence ironically worsening the teenage fantasies that perpetuate the portrayed problems in reality. But that's just me and my personal preferences talking. From a technical and professional perspective, on the other hand, I can well understand why this series works. Very well, I might add.

So, a rather odd pick for me this season: a show I would rather not touch with a ten-foot pole, but which I watch in any case for what it can teach me about how this genre operates. A shame that it doesn't attract the attention I think it deserves.
Whoa!

Quite straightforward of you!

Your reactions (bolded above) kinda reminds me in very general terms of what I felt about Sankarea - I could tell it was very well done, but I just loathes the genre with a passion.

Kudos to you for your honesty.

Am still waiting eagerly for ep 4 to be subbed!
Old 2012-10-31, 14:00   Link #154
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
This just isn't really my cup of tea. I hate sappy — or more accurately in this case, catty — teenage melodramas with a passion, and Sukkitte ii na yo represents just about everything I loathe about such stories.
Maybe I have a different standard for what qualifies as sappy romance because to me that would be something like Kimi ni Todoke, which makes me want to belch. Not the same diabetes inducing story here

I feel Sukitte offers a more realistic, and honest take on romances than most things you can find. Of course there's a degree of "that would never happen" with how the relationship gets started in the first place. I wouldn't deny that.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 14:04   Link #155
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
Surely this argument only applies to Japanese otaku, not western ones.
I get the sense that it is the same rgardless of people's geographic location. From what I see, most people who want to watch shoujo, prefer it to be a slow courtship, regardless of where they live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower
Am still waiting eagerly for ep 4 to be subbed!
? Subs have been released for episode 4 for quite a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Maybe I have a different standard for what qualifies as sappy romance
TinyRedLeaf meant catty.

Quote:
I hate sappy — or more accurately in this case, catty — teenage melodramas with a passion, and Sukkitte ii na yo represents just about everything I loathe about such stories.
Old 2012-10-31, 18:56   Link #156
mitsuganae

So, boy is a possessive bastard ("Mei is mine!") and girl attacks the competition because of her own crushing insecurity ("I won't lose to you." -- ye gods what a cliche!).

Those two deserve each other.

Is this really wish fulfillment? I for one do not want possessiveness or insecurity in a significant other/beloved/whatever it's called nowadays.

Last edited by mitsuganae; 2012-10-31 at 19:29.
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 13:15   Link #157
ookamigirl

So Kurosawa got himself an abandoned kitten.
Well, it was thinks to Mei though..
Mei's cat on the other hand was pretty passive.
Her first time at Kurosawa's place was interesting.
Kurosawa's little sister Nagi kinda ruined the mood..
Well, that kid had her own problems. I kinda felt sorry for her.
She's pretty talented too ^^ It didn't take long for her to hit it off with Mei.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 14:18   Link #158
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep5:
Continues to be one of my favorite shows of the season. Real shoujo with real feelings and people who are at least usually real.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 14:25   Link #159
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I've never heard a guy so glad so see a kitten poop before.

And it's amazing that even the little girls are incredibly catty...

But it was a good episode and I liked the way Mei managed to bond with Kurosawa's little sister.

Last edited by Haak; 2012-11-03 at 14:42.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 16:08   Link #160
Bern-san

Yamato's voice was weird during the cat scene
Nagi is so cute and I like how she and Mei formed a bond since they share the same bad experiences.

They skipped a couple of chapters, I thought this one was going to be about Yuki Kaiji's character. And it was a bit weird to see Aiko with the group now.

I'm falling in love more and more with the ED

Tags
drama, friendship, romantic comedy, shoujo