AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-23, 12:17   Link #23421
Twi

Dedicatus545-"The devoted lamb protects the knowledge of the strong".

That's her sorcery name.

If they shared a universe then yeah, Touma would be counter guardian material, likely to trade away his afterlife and reincarnation for a single miracle, while Accelerator would be an Anti-Hero or Reverse Hero because he's dreaded.
Old 2013-01-23, 13:28   Link #23422
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

(unrelated)I like what he said about Logic tho
It's pretty annoying when people underestimate emotion and treat people who favor it like idiots.
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2013-01-23, 13:45   Link #23423
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Dedicatus545-"The devoted lamb protects the knowledge of the strong".

That's her sorcery name.

If they shared a universe then yeah, Touma would be counter guardian material, likely to trade away his afterlife and reincarnation for a single miracle, while Accelerator would be an Anti-Hero or Reverse Hero because he's dreaded.
Not just counter guardian material but he has the potential to used reality marble if you ask me. He has one screwed mind. I haven't met someone as insane as him to lay done his life to save someone because he just like it. Which I can give credit to Shirou because he WANTS to become a HERO. But Touma doesn't want to become a hero or recognize at all. He just do what he wants. Crazy.

I learn in Tamni verse that one doesn't strive to become a hero. You just become a hero.
Old 2013-01-23, 13:53   Link #23424
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
(unrelated)I like what he said about Logic tho
It's pretty annoying when people underestimate emotion and treat people who favor it like idiots.
But it feels like Touma's point is based on whether he likes or not other decisions and opinions as long as they involve him .
Old 2013-01-23, 14:00   Link #23425
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Not just counter guardian material but he has the potential to used reality marble if you ask me. He has one screwed mind. I haven't met someone as insane as him to lay done his life to save someone because he just like it. Which I can give credit to Shirou because he WANTS to become a HERO. But Touma doesn't want to become a hero or recognize at all. He just do what he wants. Crazy.

I learn in Tamni verse that one doesn't strive to become a hero. You just become a hero.
Ironically, Satsuki from Tsukihime has a reality marble called depletion garden that's an Anti-Magic field. Give it to Touma and we have a game breaker.
Old 2013-01-23, 15:01   Link #23426
Miraluka
Banned

Now that Birdway is against the strings and is gonna get punched I ask, where is Mark and the others?

Oh well, talking about insane
Spoiler:
Old 2013-01-23, 16:15   Link #23427
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

Why are people acting so shocked now ? We're at least 30 books into the series already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
But it feels like Touma's point is based on whether he likes or not other decisions and opinions as long as they involve him .
Not really, it's his counter argument to Birdway who despises his talk of emotions.
Old 2013-01-23, 17:42   Link #23428
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
What Birdway did is certainly immoral, but what Touma suggested is something far more irresponsible. And in the end, he is angry NOT because Birdway didn't provide the best solution, but he is angry because Birdway didn't offer a solution that make him feels good about it. He become fixated on demanding a response from Birdway that can satisfy him that he has completely forgotten his original point on saving people.
Trying all other options first? Do you know Gremlin's operation already started? That progress has already been made at Hawaii? You are asking for other options when immediate counter measure is necessary?

Birdway's manipulation of events in Hawaii actually reduced the casualty by bringing someone there to stop Gremlin. Really, compare to two cities getting burned up, it is a pretty good trade from the entire US caught in a coup d'état and becoming a theocracy controlled by vengeful magicians.
You make it sound like NT1-2 didn't happen, what with Birdway picking Touma up after WW3 >.> During that time if Birdway had asked for his help at that time then Touma's plan could have succeeded, this was before Hawaii happening. If he skipped coming back to AC and headed straight off to Hawaii or set a trap with Touma as bait to confront Othinus and Gremlin then there's a very good chance no cities had to be involved; all the assorted combat monsters here in AC for this volume could have been duking it out in some wasteland or another in their full glory.
Sure, Touma would have been in deeper $@#% after he got back to AC having missed helping out in the Cultural Festival, make Index more worried, and Mikoto probably have done something rash like bailed out on the festival and started travelling Russia/Europe to look for signs of Touma, but he probably could have lived with that AND it would mean Othinus won't succeed.

tl;dr - you're getting your timeline wrong. Touma's plan is actually feasible, just a matter of when Birdway asks; after he got back to AC, then too late, a few hours after fishing up Touma though is more than enough time.
Old 2013-01-23, 17:46   Link #23429
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I think the only sure thing is that the Touma is very selfish, I think that port does not have to argue.
Old 2013-01-23, 17:52   Link #23430
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The word you're looking for is selfless.
Old 2013-01-23, 17:56   Link #23431
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Sorta reminds me of Taichi, although for Taichi it almost seemed like he was intentionally trying to get himself killed
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2013-01-23, 18:31   Link #23432
leukrota

Quote:
They're a minority and, in case you're forgetting, their Supreme Pontiff Kaori was the first one to nearly kill Touma, only leaving him alive since they didn't want Index to run away.
Well, this discussion has come and gone I guess, but I'll just point out that Kaori was bluffing during his fight with Touma, she was trying her best to dissuade him from involving himself with Index, she would have not tried to kill him no matter what given her magic name. She has faced more threatening adversaries and she was always trying her best to keep them alive.

That they had kept him alive to immobilize Index was Touma's conclusion, and quite probably something Styl would come up with, but not Kanzaki.

(... am I defending her too much? )

Quote:
Brunhild is like a jerk with a heart of gold who can go to the extreme to save a single child.

Silvia allows Ollerus to keep about 100 until they get adopted.

Even Acqua has helped a lot of people during his days as mercenary.

The only difference is that we know the soft side of Kanzaki.
Yeah, they have their good side. Hell, even Birdway went out of her way to destroy a child slave trading cartel. But taking into account their other actions, that makes them "grey" colored, like normal humans, but not like a Saint, or at least like the concept I have of them.

Personally I don't see Brunhild as a jerk with a heart of gold but a calamity with a heart of gold.

Acqua is more like a judge, he won't kill those he deems as good, even as a mercenary, but will erradicate anyone he deems evil.

And the problem with Silvia is that she will obey any order from her master (perhaps she's magically compelled as a Royal Maid), even if she personally wished to use different means... I guess I could change my mind about her, with more information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The word you're looking for is selfless.
He is selfishly selfless ... uhmm

Quote:
Now that Birdway is against the strings and is gonna get punched I ask, where is Mark and the others?
With the menace of Othinus, anyone below Monster-level was excluded.
Old 2013-01-23, 18:52   Link #23433
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
And the problem with Silvia is that she will obey any order from her master (perhaps she's magically compelled as a Royal Maid), even if she personally wished to use different means... I guess I could change my mind about her, with more information.
Which master? The Queen and that royal family she dumped for the sake of a ruined noble known as Ollerus who later became her personal dog?

Quote:
With the menace of Othinus, anyone below Monster-level was excluded.
They can also create the same symbolic weapon Birdway can use... They also can work behind the scenes or supporting their leader like they usually do.
Old 2013-01-23, 19:05   Link #23434
leukrota

Quote:
Which master? The Queen and that royal family she dumped for the sake of a ruined noble known as Ollerus who later became her personal dog?
I'm talking about Ollerus, but now you're making me doubt... Maybe their relationship is very complex...

EDIT: It still would be interesting if she really was magically compelled to obey Ollerus, by some loophole in her royal orders or something, given their personalities. Ollerus would almost never give her an order and Silvia would dominate him most of the time. It may also mean that Silvia may make him pay dearly for each of those few orders he does issue... I'll stop here or I'll end up in fetish fan fic territory.

Quote:
They can also create the same symbolic weapon Birdway can use... They also can work behind the scenes or supporting their leader like they usually do.
Maybe they are too far behind the scenes to promptly assist... well, dunno, there's gotta be a reason for their absence.

Last edited by leukrota; 2013-01-23 at 19:21.
Old 2013-01-23, 19:39   Link #23435
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
I'm talking about Ollerus, but now you're making me doubt... Maybe their relationship is very complex...

EDIT: It still would be interesting if she really was magically compelled to obey Ollerus, by some loophole in her royal orders or something, given their personalities. Ollerus would almost never give her an order and Silvia would dominate him most of the time. It may also mean that Silvia may make him pay dearly for each of those few orders he does issue... I'll stop here or I'll end up in fetish fan fic territory.

Maybe they are too far behind the scenes to promptly assist... well, dunno, there's gotta be a reason for their absence.
Silvia is a Royal Maid who just happens to be born as a Saint.

Silvia once said Ollerus didn't become a magic god because he choose to save a cat.

Time ago I said, What if when she said "cat" she mean herself? For example a battle was unleashed between Ollerus and Othinus but Silvia got badly injured.

What Ollerus does choose?
A. Keep going on and became a Magic God leaving the cat die.
B. Save the cat at the cost of your last chance of becoming a Magic God.

I guess thats why Silvia said Ollerus cries(lost his noble title and then his chance to become a magic god) when he remembers it and maybe thats why she left everything behind in order to make some company coughfellinlovewithOlleruscough.
Old 2013-01-23, 19:46   Link #23436
Sumeragi
Banned

Neko meido?
Old 2013-01-23, 19:47   Link #23437
Miraluka
Banned

Basically... that.

Rope binding nekomimi maid.
Old 2013-01-23, 19:48   Link #23438
Twi

Speaking of nekos, what ever happened to the beast girl heroine from Vol.2?
Old 2013-01-23, 19:52   Link #23439
leukrota

Quote:
Silvia is a Royal Maid who just happens to be born as a Saint.

Silvia once said Ollerus didn't become a magic god because he choose to save a cat.

Time ago I said, What if when she said "cat" she mean herself? For example a battle was unleashed between Ollerus and Othinus but Silvia got badly injured.

What Ollerus does choose?
A. Keep going on and became a Magic God leaving the cat die.
B. Save the cat at the cost of your last chance of becoming a Magic God.

I guess thats why Silvia said Ollerus cries(lost his noble title and then his chance to become a magic god) when he remembers it and maybe thats why she left everything behind in order to make some company coughfellinlovewithOlleruscough.
That's a plausible story.

... We definitely need more background on those two, maybe in a side story when this arc is finished... or with the Railgun S DVDs, wherever is fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Neko meido?
Quote:
Basically... that.

Now that I would not mind seeing....
Quote:
Speaking of nekos, what ever happened to the beast girl heroine from Vol.2?
Your guess is as good as any. I don't even know if we'll ever see her again.
Old 2013-01-23, 19:55   Link #23440
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Wait, I thought I was the one who suggested it ? Am I going crazy ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Neko meido?
Quote:
Blond tsundere rope blinding nekomimi maid.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen