AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-01, 08:11   Link #141
desrtsku
Nympholept

He should work for nitro+ and team up with the butcher, this way he could improve both his writing and the darkness that's slowly starting to grow inside of him ... <insert evil laugh>
Old 2013-04-01, 08:16   Link #142
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Kamachi's core values wouldn't allow himself to go full butcher.
Old 2013-04-01, 08:56   Link #143
desrtsku
Nympholept

Probably, but he has the potential. He has the power of the grotesque inside him, I feel it, but it's imprisoned by a powerful seal.
Old 2013-04-01, 10:07   Link #144
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If that ever happens Kamijou would punch him.
Old 2013-04-01, 11:42   Link #145
desrtsku
Nympholept

Gwahahahaha ...

And crap, am I the only who's hearing Kurousagi's voice everytime that damn bunny girl opens her mouth?!
Old 2013-04-01, 16:59   Link #146
tsunade666

if its inner butchering feeling then Kamachi is already doing that since vol 02 of index but the scenes aren't frequent to get a strong feel to it and Anime tamed it down.
Old 2013-04-01, 17:47   Link #147
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Like I've said- He'll never really go full butcher, his core value would hold him back.
Old 2013-04-01, 18:07   Link #148
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Gwahahahaha ...

And crap, am I the only who's hearing Kurousagi's voice everytime that damn bunny girl opens her mouth?!
Look at her on the cover, that might knock you out of it.
Old 2013-04-01, 19:24   Link #149
Utsuro no Hako

What does it say about me that my first reaction to the hide-and-seek game was, "Kill her and hide the body"?

Of course soon after that I realized that a better strategy would be for the hiders to team up, hide one of them in a locked room and have the rest wait in ambush for the seekers. Since the seekers are almost guaranteed to split up so they can search faster, the hiders would be able to gang up 4-against-1.
Old 2013-04-01, 19:28   Link #150
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
What does it say about me that my first reaction to the hide-and-seek game was, "Kill her and hide the body"?
That you shouldn't host birthday parties?
Old 2013-04-01, 22:51   Link #151
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
The way Kamachi includes the grim parts in his story makes it almost a bit narmy, we can still laugh even (sometimes), Urobutcher won't allow him to be on his team. (I might be wrong, but please don't let me be wrong)

And not to mention Kamachi writes characters who tend to shout out a bit too much while standing too near the fourth wall while things happen in the story.

For example, we might have a "Oh no you just died!!!" character, while the other goes "Huh? Oh yeah I just did. Whoops." while the tsukkomi goes "You're supposed to stay dead! Don't go walking around as if it never happened! What's the point of that death then!?"

Speaking of which, more parts up, but eh that might be just my lateness in waking up to js06's updates.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2013-04-01, 22:52   Link #152
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
if its inner butchering feeling then Kamachi is already doing that since vol 02 of index but the scenes aren't frequent to get a strong feel to it and Anime tamed it down.
If you look only at the scene, yes, Kamachi has done several butcher scenes on his story. The underlying messages on his story though, is very different from Urobuchi's. In Urobuchi's story, the only feeling you can get from reading his writing is despair, no matter how hard you try, things sometimes, or in the case of his story always, turn bad(haven't seen Psycho Pass so I can't comment on that. It's very prevalent in Saya no Uta and Fate Zero though). Kamachi on the other hand, promote optimism, that no matter how bad your situation might be currently, there is light at the end of your hardship.

This is the first time though that I read so much cynicism on his writing.
Old 2013-04-01, 23:53   Link #153
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
If you look only at the scene, yes, Kamachi has done several butcher scenes on his story. The underlying messages on his story though, is very different from Urobuchi's. In Urobuchi's story, the only feeling you can get from reading his writing is despair, no matter how hard you try, things sometimes, or in the case of his story always, turn bad(haven't seen Psycho Pass so I can't comment on that. It's very prevalent in Saya no Uta and Fate Zero though). Kamachi on the other hand, promote optimism, that no matter how bad your situation might be currently, there is light at the end of your hardship.
You know the two ship scene at the climax of the Dark Knight? Kamachi is the one that believes nobody would press the button.

Quote:
This is the first time though that I read so much cynicism on his writing.
Either it's going to be a New Testament 4 reversal ending...

Or because this is not a major story, he wants to experiment some more.
Old 2013-04-02, 01:14   Link #154
desrtsku
Nympholept

This is why I said the guy needs some true experience with the darkness, he needs to partially get rid of that optimism or else Baba's death will never be confirmed and Stiyl will never bite the dust once and for all.

Quote:
About Psycho Pass, the message is a bit difficult to grasp (since it's a XXXX ending), but from my from own my personal understanding it's about necessary evil where end justify the means, and where for the same "relatively" good end the less evil will prevail and will remain until someone else find a new less evil one (pretty similar to Kerry's philosophy prior to Holy Grail mind rape). But PP isn't really as dark as what people think, putting aside suisei no gargantia, it's so far Butcher's less negative stuff. The end is neither a good or bad one (it does have a huge feel of bad end though), nothing really tragic, even the mood is nowhere as suffocating as F/Z or Madoka ... and much less Saya.
His soul isn't that dark, really, there's a tiny bit of compassion in his heart.
Old 2013-04-03, 02:00   Link #155
desrtsku
Nympholept

Can't be helped double posting

Holy crap, I don't know what kamachi's taking since the person doesn't smoke ... but it must be good! I'm kind of scared.
That old maid game kind of made me think of O****us, with a 50/50 chance you can get either 26 or 0 points (everything or nothing), whereas with a 100% chance you always get 13 but only 13 and always lose afterwards.
The one after that was just ...
Old 2013-04-03, 02:20   Link #156
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
The one after that was just ...
It was bland enough.
Old 2013-04-03, 02:28   Link #157
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I really should try to get started.... but the distance from my new work place is shorter...
Old 2013-04-03, 04:45   Link #158
desrtsku
Nympholept

Let's think about this in a positive way. Those books are mainly about kamachi's left over ideas ... but it's a concentration of murder and pure massacre (that's shown in the form of death games). So basically kamachi either thought about an upcoming massacre for one or several of his main series and gave up halfway ... or just had too many ideas and put some of them aside.
It's important to know that because I fear for Mitori-chan's future.
Old 2013-04-03, 04:48   Link #159
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Have you tried writing horror/mystery? Its tough but also super fun even if its fanfic.
Old 2013-04-03, 05:11   Link #160
desrtsku
Nympholept

Nope, too much formalities to respect in order to get a decent quality. Also I have a nurse fetish and nurses don't usually last long in those kind of stories.