Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-08-31, 10:31   Link #41
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
Quote:
Originally Posted by SooHip View Post
i wonder if they'll keep shieks transformation through zelda..i hope they do! shes one of my best.
Same with Dr. Mario =T
The way I see it, Shiek making a return seems iffy at best. They upgraded Link to his appearance in Twilight Princess and gave him items that reflect this change. Zelda's appearance has changed similarly, but I have no idea what that could mean for her play style. The only time you got to see her in action in Twilight Princess was at the end of the game, but I don't know if that can be seen as a true reflection of her abilities. Oddly, if they use bits from Twilight Princess with her, at some point you may see her wielding a sword. And while I'm on the topic of swords, if Ganondorf makes a reappearance, I hope they change his moveset up a bit and let him use his sword this time around. You could see it in his victory stance at the end of a match, but other than that, nada.

And while I'm talking about Twilight Princess, Midna would be kind of a fun add in, though I'm not sure how likely that is despite all of the TP material.

I just pray that Pichu is gone. He was pretty much worthless, in my opinion. And cut Dr. Mario, Falco, and Young Link too unless they get a changed moveset - I'd much prefer to see original characters than an abundance of copies.

December can't get here fast enough.
Alexandrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 10:36   Link #42
SooHip

[QUOTE=Alexandrite;1124493]

And while I'm talking about Twilight Princess, Midna would be kind of a fun add in, [QUOTE]

That would be so awesome! ^^b
Old 2007-08-31, 17:18   Link #43
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Snip
Wow, there was so much misinformation in that post it was making my head spin. Roy is not a great aerial fighter, but Marth is one of the best. He's got an incredibly good aerial set, and not one of his aerial moves would be considered below average. Ken combos for easy kills, disjoint hitbox on the sword, easy comboability on nearly all of his aerials, I don't see how he is not a good aerial fighter.

And Jigglypuff does have a good aerial moveset. Her forward and back airs are incredibly good and have large hitboxes that extend far from her body. Pound covers a large distance and easy knocks her opponent off her feet. In fact, there are few characters who have an easy time dealing with repeated forward/back airs to their face, and the hitbox is so far from her body, that Jiggly is safe even if shield guarded most of the time. Pound IS useful for recovery, since at high levels of play (i.e. tourney play), you get a counterstage pick, meaning most Jiggly players will pick Dreamland 64 (a Jiggly, Peach, Samus dreamstage) or DK 64. Vertical kills are still frequent, but not as high as you think they are.

At high levels of play, a lot of players do not rely on meteors for kills. Fox relies a lot on shine spikes, Marth can use his meteor a lot, but most of the other top characters do not need or rely on their spikes (maybe Falco, but he still has lots of other tools). Most definitely not someone like Peach, Shiek, or Captain Falcon who have much better and easier options. Even Marth, who has a really good spike, doesn't even need it very often since his edgeguarding is so damn good.
Old 2007-08-31, 18:06   Link #44
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2756 View Post
Wow, there was so much misinformation in that post it was making my head spin. Roy is not a great aerial fighter, but Marth is one of the best. He's got an incredibly good aerial set, and not one of his aerial moves would be considered below average. Ken combos for easy kills, disjoint hitbox on the sword, easy comboability on nearly all of his aerials, I don't see how he is not a good aerial fighter.
as far as i know, this was only my opnion and comparaison to another one.
secondly, I didn't imply they were that shitty, just because i used the word "suck". To me, their aerial abilities is below what they usually do because of the lack of movements and adaption while mid air, but are clearly not the worst you can find around. The mention of the "weapon" issue is only for Roy. That said, the damage output of Marth aerial attack is exactly that good, but aside of it, i never felt it was that problematic in air with him, unlike Roy, who is a complete pain with his sword "optimum" hitbox.

again, i might not be exactly accurate, but i believe i didn't imply what you were thinking of my comments.
Quote:
And Jigglypuff does have a good aerial moveset. Her forward and back airs are incredibly good and have large hitboxes that extend far from her body.
Far is kinda subjective. As far as i could feel (and this is based on experience from several years ago, so i can't exactly flesh my memories quite well), the reach of Jigglypuff don't really make it, along with the stoic and kinda "slow" reaction. that's an observation i had, that's it.
Quote:
Pound covers a large distance and easy knocks her opponent off her feet. In fact, there are few characters who have an easy time dealing with repeated forward/back airs to their face, and the hitbox is so far from her body, that Jiggly is safe even if shield guarded most of the time. Pound IS useful for recovery, since at high levels of play (i.e. tourney play), you get a counterstage pick, meaning most Jiggly players will pick Dreamland 64 (a Jiggly, Peach, Samus dreamstage) or DK 64. Vertical kills are still frequent, but not as high as you think they are.
Huh... that's why i said Pound isn't exactly that good, since its "effective" air recovery aspect is overestimated in general because of few stage. it is fairly too dependant of this context, and thus, isn't exactly relevant, especially if you must consider the default 5 double jump.

of course, the good side of the pound is probably the annoying knock/hitstun aspect of it.
Quote:
At high levels of play, a lot of players do not rely on meteors for kills. Fox relies a lot on shine spikes, Marth can use his meteor a lot, but most of the other top characters do not need or rely on their spikes (maybe Falco, but he still has lots of other tools). Most definitely not someone like Peach, Shiek, or Captain Falcon who have much better and easier options. Even Marth, who has a really good spike, doesn't even need it very often since his edgeguarding is so damn good.
I never implied that everyone rely on meteor smash, or they will spam it (it is not a safe option, especially for obvious issues with "tap stick" with can be desastrous for those who trigger the fast fall without wanting it)
That said, there are many way to kill, and as far as i can tell, drop/meteor kill are a fair number among usual KO
Of course, it might be outdated considering how the "tournament" format work recently (and i don't really check on this anyway)
Old 2007-08-31, 23:48   Link #45
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2756 View Post

And Jigglypuff does have a good aerial moveset. Her forward and back airs are incredibly good and have large hitboxes that extend far from her body. Pound covers a large distance and easy knocks her opponent off her feet. In fact, there are few characters who have an easy time dealing with repeated forward/back airs to their face, and the hitbox is so far from her body, that Jiggly is safe even if shield guarded most of the time. Pound IS useful for recovery, since at high levels of play (i.e. tourney play), you get a counterstage pick, meaning most Jiggly players will pick Dreamland 64 (a Jiggly, Peach, Samus dreamstage) or DK 64. Vertical kills are still frequent, but not as high as you think they are.

Not sure about Peach but Sheik has no spike. Her DAir actually launches your opponents UP. As for Falcon, if you can spike them, you can knee them nearly as easily. That said, for this newbie, Falcon is so hard to play correctly since I can't SHFFL . It doesn't make someone like DarkRain, SilentSpectre, Tapion, or G-Regulate any less interesting to watch, though.
Old 2007-09-01, 03:26   Link #46
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
My friend still has my Wii, I better go get it soon

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 07:11   Link #47
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

I like the way how Yoshi does his meteor to his opponents...I've been good with Yoshi ever since smash bro. and he still has his good qualities in him in Melee...hopefully he isn't changed much in Brawl.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 14:14   Link #48
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Not sure about Peach but Sheik has no spike. Her DAir actually launches your opponents UP. As for Falcon, if you can spike them, you can knee them nearly as easily. That said, for this newbie, Falcon is so hard to play correctly since I can't SHFFL . It doesn't make someone like DarkRain, SilentSpectre, Tapion, or G-Regulate any less interesting to watch, though.
You're right, I forgot that Sheik doesn't have a spike. I almost never use her D-Air for air to air combat, so I just assumed that it spikes. Peach has two spikes, D-Air, and D-Tilt (but it won't spike an opponent holding onto a ledge ). Good luck getting the positioning right to land either of them though.
Old 2007-09-04, 22:35   Link #49
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

So they have a new update with Diddy Kong's special move. I don't think I will use him from what I saw.
Old 2007-09-06, 16:28   Link #50
sasuke _snake
X-Leaf Shinobi

Send a message via AIM to sasuke _snake
i think diddy's finale smash is going to be playing his guitar
sasuke _snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 16:45   Link #51
sasuke _snake
X-Leaf Shinobi

there probaly going to take out luigi
Old 2007-09-07, 06:07   Link #52
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

No ways can they take out Luigi...he's too good and he's been part of the Smash Brothers roster for a long time now.

From the newest update, looks like we can create our own music playlist from the variety of songs thats going to be included for the game. Thats a pretty cool feature and it looks like you can select up to 4 different music BGMs in the playlist and all of them will merge throughout the time played in the stage.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 07:10   Link #53
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I'm not exactly sure how Luigi can be "good", as he is REALLY stiff, and his moves are too random (the Up B has a very very tiny hitbox, much like Marth's, the forward B is really mediocre...)

but there is almost no way they will remove Luigi, as he is a CORE part of Nintendo franchise, along with Mario.
If Mario is in a multi player game, i don't see how Luigi will be removed.
Old 2007-09-08, 08:32   Link #54
sasuke _snake
X-Leaf Shinobi

they think he's to much of a mario clone
Old 2007-09-08, 13:08   Link #55
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I'm not exactly sure how Luigi can be "good", as he is REALLY stiff, and his moves are too random (the Up B has a very very tiny hitbox, much like Marth's, the forward B is really mediocre...)
You only ever use the forward B for recovery, its suicide to use it for actual fighting.

Luigi has always been considered quite high tier in SSBM because of a few major reasons being hes essentially Mario with much higher power and jumping ability without much of a loss in speed.

The second being if you can wavedash regularly than he can cover an entire screen in literally less than a second. Which also leads onto the fact he can charge smash attacks while moving.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 15:07   Link #56
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

I'm just hoping they'll fix falcon's shitty special moves and give him a good recovery.
Old 2007-09-08, 15:23   Link #57
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
You only ever use the forward B for recovery, its suicide to use it for actual fighting.
I perfectly know this. the issue is that Luigi has more likely 2 "only air recovery" moves. UP B isn't really practical for actual combat.
Quote:
Luigi has always been considered quite high tier in SSBM because of a few major reasons being hes essentially Mario with much higher power and jumping ability without much of a loss in speed.
to be quite honest, i never saw him as "high tier" and never saw such claim when i lurked on various SSBM boards. "Much higher power" isn't exactly what i can judge, especially it is more like knock back effects, and some random damage ratio (much worse than Roy so to speak)

and seriously, i feel the loss of speed and the slippy tendecy he got are really a handicap.
I didn't implyed he was mediocre, (and i even put good with ", to put emphasis how it can be considered), but frankly, i feel him quite average.
Quote:
The second being if you can wavedash regularly than he can cover an entire screen in literally less than a second. Which also leads onto the fact he can charge smash attacks while moving.
Yes, i can't say his huge wavedash isn't an advantage. however, i don't feel it as that important, as a "simple" wavedash is suffisent (heck, even the slowpoke link wavedash is... ok )

as for charging smash attacks while moving, can't really comment about this, ho well.
Old 2007-09-08, 23:16   Link #58
sasuke _snake
X-Leaf Shinobi

i dont think falco's going to be in it
Old 2007-09-08, 23:27   Link #59
iwubanime
FMP wubber

Anyone else excited about the music update on Friday? I personally loved it. It just sorta makes SSBB that much more of a great game to own. Being able to pick your favorite songs (or choose a variety of songs) is a great addition.

Plus adding the CD as another collectible was a good choice IMO. Never hurts to have more things to keep me busy
iwubanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 01:39   Link #60
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I hope they keep Roy. I love his counter and Blaze attacks. There's nothing quite like a one-hit KO (w/out items!) when your opponent's not paying attention....

Though, frankly, except for Pichu, Jigglypuff, Donkey Kong, amd Ness, I can use all characters very easily, depending on the situation. Word of advice: only use Ganondorf for ffa fights. He gets pwnt in one-on-one, unless your really, really good.

I hope they keep the simplicity of the controls in SSBB so anyone can play. That's what makes it so easy to get good at every single character.

And above all, I hope for Captain Falcon, they keep "the Knee". That move is awesome, and can be chained together so easily..... lol i laugh just thinking about a video someone made of Falcon's Knee attack hitting some random player again and again.

Tags
crossover, nintendo