AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-24, 11:37   Link #281
Joojoobees

The best just keeps getting better. My only complaint is this episode felt like it only lasted about two minutes. I almost screamed "Nooo!" when the ED started.

Regardless of the speculation on his identity, the wolf looked really cool. Same with the frog

The action scenes were just awesome. They were exciting and very believable. I loved that whole thing with the spear.

It seems we have several very interesting characters with the making for multiple plot threads.

Spoiler for good story telling:
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 13:02   Link #282
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

The important notes on the post weren't translated, so we didn't know what the girl was pointing out to the boy, to make him gasp like that...

Edit: Sorry! No fan talk. Got-it.

Last edited by Goofus Maximus; 2007-04-24 at 15:49.
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 14:09   Link #283
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Are you aware that in the Licensed forum you do not talk about fansubs?
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 14:11   Link #284
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofus Maximus View Post
That was the one failing of the fansubbing of this episode: The important notes on the post weren't translated, so we didn't know what the girl was pointing out to the boy, to make him gasp like that...

Well, Tanda explained what was happening with the post later on in the episode.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-24, 14:26   Link #285
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Just like to add, the post on the board is so blurry that it's impossible to make out what it is. More likely, you are supposed to guess what it meant by Tohya's expression
Old 2007-04-24, 14:39   Link #286
Glitch87

anyone else hope Jin is a recurring character? It would be nice to have the viewpoint of the torn footsoldier. A decisive 1 on 1 battle with balsa would be awesome. or even if they team up.
Glitch87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 14:43   Link #287
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Episode 3 was the definition of awesomeness.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 14:44   Link #288
Aniki Meiski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofus Maximus View Post
That was the one failing of the fansubbing of this episode: The important notes on the post weren't translated, so we didn't know what the girl was pointing out to the boy, to make him gasp like that...
The writing in the show is not kanji, but fictitious Yogo writing, modelled after the extinct Tangut (Xixia) language. No one can translate those writing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tangut_language
Aniki Meiski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 15:39   Link #289
Joojoobees

Spoiler for WOLF:
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 20:05   Link #290
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 3.

That just left me completely speechless. Simply, amazing. Kudos to Kamiyama, I can't help but suspect so far that this is his labour of love.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 01:08   Link #291
Mez

only problem i had with ep3 was the lack of blood, looked kinda unnatural/unrealistic, she got slashed across the stomach(no spray of blood/visible cut), and stabbed by a throwing knife(she pulled it out and u couldn't even see a wound). only blood you see is later on, a bit of red on her bandages.
Mez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 05:26   Link #292
DieH@rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie View Post
Episode 3 was the definition of awesomeness.
Quoted for truth. Ep3 is best so far! Barsa was great, Chagum was very brave, and I hope that assassin Jin will survive somehow...

Wolf was a bit puzzling. My theory is that he will help Chagum, he has that spirit inside of him after all.
DieH@rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 06:11   Link #293
Red Herring
SPARTANS

Say where are you guys watching this? I wanna see since I'll watch anything with a strong female lead.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 12:38   Link #294
Glitch87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mez View Post
only problem i had with ep3 was the lack of blood, looked kinda unnatural/unrealistic, she got slashed across the stomach(no spray of blood/visible cut), and stabbed by a throwing knife(she pulled it out and u couldn't even see a wound). only blood you see is later on, a bit of red on her bandages.
I'd rather have them focusing on the movement of the characters then spending time animating blood sprays. I'll let crap shows like Claymore do that.
Glitch87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 13:54   Link #295
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

For the blood [or lack thereof], red blood on a red dress isn't going to really show . The gut wound looked to be a slow leak since the girl got hit by the sword catcher instead of the full blade. Add that to not being able to properly close the wound in the field [priority- save the kid] is good enough reason for me to put aside believability.

For the shoulder wound? Balsa happens to be one of the most solidly put together amazons seen in recent times, so unless that throw knife hit a vein through a thick slab of muscle I doubt there will be a gusher of any sort there.

On the show proper, already sold on the concept of a bodyguard who is not completely invincible and driven by a carraige train of angst. I'd say the show just wins points for actually making the entire crew likeable as they are instead of the usual stereotype caricatures.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 20:29   Link #296
mukansa monkey
Pink bug make Amu angry!

Blood spraying/gushing means an artery hit which means probably a really deep wound and almost certainly they are dead in seconds. Lack of showing a wound line seems odd (the cut cheek shot in Blood was done so right), but spraying = dying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
Say where are you guys watching this? I wanna see since I'll watch anything with a strong female lead.
Forum rules here at AnimeSuki prevent asking about subs of licensed shows, and raws of any show at all. As an information source for the distribution of technically illegal torrents, they walk a fine line in order to keep the RIAA gestapo off their backs. Regardless of how antiquated international copyright law might be, in order to live with it Suki doens't want us giving out that sort of information. So do some research on the Internets and it shouldn't be too hard to find yourself. Or wait for translated DVDs and spend a few bucks helping to pay for I.G.'s next stupendo production.

Speaking of which, any kinda clues as to when this is gonna come out stateside? I must own it... I might even get an HD player to watch it properly. Hugaaa!
Old 2007-04-25, 22:46   Link #297
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Ah..and i was wondering why this show wasnt being discussed. I loved the first episode of this series. The animation is top-notch, Balsa reminds me of Motoko in a lot of ways. Neway, watched Episode 3, looks like Chagum wont just be an innocently protected boy. Action scenes were very well choreographed, and very powerful and very much full of energy. Hope they keep up with the tempo. This series has every quality of being a classic i feel
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 23:12   Link #298
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
For the shoulder wound? Balsa happens to be one of the most solidly put together amazons seen in recent times, ......
No kidding! One of the reason I've really, really liked episode 2 is the descriptive emphasis put on about Balsa neesama. The words were never spoken. One needs to observe or look for it to truly appreciate that episode. For example, she runs all night with Chagum on her back. Looking at Chagum's size, he can easily be at least in the range 90-100 lbs. She also has her own luggage to carry. How many here do a bit of jugging for 20+ minutes? She, then, sends the errand boy to get her things, doesn't rest herself as she puts Chagum to sleep, and ready for another all nighter. Neesama is very fit indeed!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 03:04   Link #299
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch87 View Post
anyone else hope Jin is a recurring character? It would be nice to have the viewpoint of the torn footsoldier. A decisive 1 on 1 battle with balsa would be awesome. or even if they team up.
Yeah, my feelings exactly. I was surprised that he isn't just a faceless character shown for the sake of the action. Unless, of course, if he's already...

Spoiler:

What an episode number three turned out to be! I mean, holy shit captain..! I was expecting a fight scene—and parts of this one in particular have already been shown as a teaser—but in the end, it still floored me over.

Spoiler:
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 04:11   Link #300
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Moreover, I was simply touched at the interactions between Balsa and Chagum....... Arguably insignificant perhaps, yet moments are moments because of such small details like this in this anime.

Wow. Dare I say it? Is she what moe means for me? Yes, I'm weird and yes, I know... I'm spouting blasphemy upon her greatness. But more of Balsa please!
Episode 2 for me help establish the bond between Barsa and Chagum. And most importantly, the interaction felt natural, unlike other anime who force such moments together. You're not alone in your love for kickass oneesan. Just like many who have the thing for a imouto (younger sis), there's people whose attracted to a strong and yet caring oneesan

And oh, Jin isn't dead. Otherwise, they wouldnt bother spending some screentime on him only to kill him a few mins later. Barsa would have used one of her throwing knifes if they were going to kill him off but she used a rock instead (tho in real life, getting a rock smashed into your skull can be a deathblow)

Tags
drama, fantasy, historical, production i.g.