JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast_within View Post
Spoiler for mindless bantering about the show in general:
That's just..... sad.

Like, it's "too sweet and pure?" So you need depressing drama? >_>

Wow. I'd rather it be that way. It's supposed to be a fantasy, anyway. If I want drama I'd just walk down the street. Anime is an escape from reality. The drama of failed pregnancies and death-by-odd-means and other wonderful plot-devices just make me sick after a while.

I mean, I understand how it makes the show more interesting and I agree it's good every now and then, but if everything was so depressing, why watch it? Life if worse. I want something happy like Lamune. >_>

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."

Last edited by JagdPanther; 2007-08-14 at 08:54.
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 10:33   Link #382
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
That's just..... sad.

Like, it's "too sweet and pure?" So you need depressing drama? >_>

Wow. I'd rather it be that way. It's supposed to be a fantasy, anyway. If I want drama I'd just walk down the street. Anime is an escape from reality. The drama of failed pregnancies and death-by-odd-means and other wonderful plot-devices just make me sick after a while.

I mean, I understand how it makes the show more interesting and I agree it's good every now and then, but if everything was so depressing, why watch it? Life if worse. I want something happy like Lamune. >_>
i have no problem with sweet and pure. but this went beyond belief.

It's like being a fan of science fiction but you won't like a serie where it's at a point that it's not believable anymore even if it is sci fi
Old 2007-08-14, 11:30   Link #383
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:

It's like being a fan of science fiction but you won't like a serie where it's at a point that it's not believable anymore even if it is sci fi
Okay, I can rephrase.

What you mentioned, I see no point in. Then it just becomes some retarded soap opera like Days of Our Lives.

I think drama is fine. Like people torn between two others, someone overhearing something wrong, getting in fights, etc. I don't mind that. But stuff like a failed pregnancy or some sudden horrible accident along with some miraculous recovery is just "Well, let's turn this into a day-time Soap." And I don't watch soaps.

Angst is fine. And even so, some of those extreme circumstances I can look past if they're well done. This particularly story was totally, 100% fine as far as I'm concerned. There was no need at all for any real drama. It was just a nice, cute story about friends becoming lovers. I had a fun time with it. Eien was an example of a well-done extreme circumstance to me. That was believable and well-done. Some other romance animes try too hard to be the next The Bold and the Beautiful.

EDIT: GAAAAAAAAAAAH! >_< I keep coming back to edit this because I just don't know how to say it! It sounds like a waffle answer rather than a straight one... GRRRR! I can't put it to words!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."

Last edited by JagdPanther; 2007-08-14 at 13:03.
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 13:44   Link #384
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

You also need to check the time period in which the story occurrs and the cultural setting. It isn't set in 2007 in Europe

Most anime romances until quite recently were set in the 70s-early 90s. Notice no one has 'internet' or 'cellphone'. They're also in a semi-rural setting. So its only unbelievable if you use the wrong contextual settings. It is set in a culture where "doing the right thing" is almost manic, where a form of chivalry exists and not being considered 'bad' by the community overwhelms almost everything.

Is it believable if we reset the story in Amish America?
Old 2007-08-14, 15:00   Link #385
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I am the same --- it drives me crazy when soundtracks miss out your fav' BGM from that series, but its even worse when we don't get a soundtrack at all. ;_;
Lamune isn't the only series where this happened. I'm sure there are a
lot of others but....for me.....

Another notable one was "Welcome to the NHK". Despite the 3-4 soundtrack
discs that came out (two full length discs plus two singles) there was two
pieces that didn't make it and I just burned them to a CD with dialog and all.

Grrr...

The problem is: perceived demand. Was this production popular? Were there
tapes and dvds and action figures and the like? If not, it may have been popular
but not popular enough for some company to license the music to sell.

I remember a few movies during the 1980s where I'm STILL waiting for a
soundtrack release (not holding my breath).

I'd wanted to mention that mainly because Ken-chan wasn't an animatronic
robot that changed into a fire engine periodically part of the potential audience
for the show was lost. Most kids probably would have an excruciating time
enjoying a very slow moving romance. No patience for it. I, on the other hand,
rather loved it.

Last edited by aliensporebomb; 2007-08-14 at 15:36.
aliensporebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 16:18   Link #386
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
The problem is: perceived demand. Was this production popular? Were there tapes and dvds and action figures and the like? If not, it may have been popular but not popular enough for some company to license the music to sell.

I remember a few movies during the 1980s where I'm STILL waiting for a soundtrack release (not holding my breath).
Well, even though the show wasn't all that popular, that doesn't typically stop them from releasing the OST, as it's another small opportunity to make some of the money back without a huge expense. More often than not, the shows are partly funded by music labels to begin with. Typically in the cases where they don't release it, it has something to do with legal rights, or some other sort of production issue. It seems the OP/ED and character CDs were released under the Index label, as opposed to Lantis or one of the more usual players, so maybe that's part of the problem...
Quote:
I'd wanted to mention that mainly because Ken-chan wasn't an animatronic robot that changed into a fire engine periodically part of the potential audience for the show was lost. Most kids probably would have an excruciating time enjoying a very slow moving romance. No patience for it. I, on the other hand, rather loved it.
Hahaha... Well, like most shows that air at 2am, they definitely were not considering "kids" as part of their target/potential audience.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 16:27   Link #387
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Lamune isn't the only series where this happened. I'm sure there are a
lot of others but....for me.....
Being a crazy musical score fanboy that i am, yes its happened to me plenty of times, i am by far used to it now.

As for the soundtrack, i thought it would at least appear with one of the DVD's, or all split up into different CD's. But yeah, that didn't happen.
Old 2007-08-14, 17:06   Link #388
rg4619

Quote:
It seems the OP/ED and character CDs were released under the Index label, as opposed to Lantis or one of the more usual players, so maybe that's part of the problem...
I don't know if this is related, but Interchannel (Lamune sponsor) has been moving away from bishoujo game properties ever since they were sold to Index. Clearly, the parent company has little interest in this market (they've gone from releasing several high profile titles a year to only one or two low/medium-tier games. Lamune was among the last properties to be licensed under the old system), which might be why they passed on an OST.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 21:40   Link #389
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

As for a localization, I'm pretty sure that's 100% impossible. Didn't nekonekosoft disband? As such, even if there's someone who wanted to localize this, there's no one to contact on the other side of the Pacific to get the rights to publish it here.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 00:06   Link #390
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
As for a localization, I'm pretty sure that's 100% impossible. Didn't nekonekosoft disband? As such, even if there's someone who wanted to localize this, there's no one to contact on the other side of the Pacific to get the rights to publish it here.
Well, if someone *really* wanted it to do it, I'm sure they still exist as a paper company for legal and financial reasons. Even if they're not actively selling product anymore, someone still holds the rights to it. But, certainly, I'd agree: the odds of this game ever being localizated, especially in any sort of an official capacity, couldn't be much lower.
Old 2007-08-15, 03:38   Link #391
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
You also need to check the time period in which the story occurrs and the cultural setting. It isn't set in 2007 in Europe

Most anime romances until quite recently were set in the 70s-early 90s. Notice no one has 'internet' or 'cellphone'. They're also in a semi-rural setting. So its only unbelievable if you use the wrong contextual settings. It is set in a culture where "doing the right thing" is almost manic, where a form of chivalry exists and not being considered 'bad' by the community overwhelms almost everything.

Is it believable if we reset the story in Amish America?
they do have mobile phones (a pink one near a pearl)
and his best friend doesn't seem to be very amish.

But ok semi-rural site does explain it somewhat.
Old 2007-09-03, 01:12   Link #392
Maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Maniac Send a message via AIM to Maniac Send a message via MSN to Maniac Send a message via Yahoo to Maniac
"i have no problem with sweet and pure. but this went beyond belief."

sorry to dissapoint, but there are still people in this world who believe pre-marital sex is wrong, including myself. It's perfectly believable for 2 teenagers to have a pure relationship, albeit rare.

The scene where they went to the hotel can be taken 2 ways:
A. They really did just spend the night there together innocently, and there's nothing wrong with that.
B. They acted as they presumably did in the game.

You can take your pick, it was left open ended. I doubt the anime is identical to the game, it doesn't have to be assumed that way. Personally, I wouldn't want it to be that way. You might... but maybe that's why they didn't explicitly say what happened.

Lamune was a good break from the drama-ridden shows that all too often prevail. I even think the accident part of this show was really lame... and kinda made the ending seem rushed.
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 08:25   Link #393
bball_machine

Hey everyone. After watching the show, I've always wondered what lamune tastes like. I've never seen it around. Until today, I saw it at a stall. I bought it, and gave it a try. I took some neat photos. I suppose this is a tribute to Lamune =D. I referenced the show a little bit too. Hope you guys can enjoy it.

http://marcusl12.blogspot.com/

Thanks.
bball_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 23:34   Link #394
haiz123321
Obey me world!

I've finished this series a few days ago and I must say, they kinda made this series nice even though there wasn't any kissing parts

I digged around for info and this anime was based from a game? What's the game title and anyone know where I can get it?

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 12:39   Link #395
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
I digged around for info and this anime was based from a game? What's the game title and anyone know where I can get it?
It's based on an 18+ Japanese visual novel of the same name, published in 2004 by the now-defunct NekoNekoSoft. It was also released as an all-ages game on the PS2 by Interchannel to coincide with the anime's release, but it'll be a bit tricky to find it in stock at this point. Suffice it to say that it was never released in English, nor are there any fan-translations available (of course, there are a few tools that can assist with computers-based auto-translations on the PC, but it's no substitute). If you want to get it, I think either Yahoo Auctions or the Amazon Marketplace may be your best bet (those links were for the PS2 version, for example), or stores like Himeyashop may be able to find it for you.
Old 2007-11-10, 11:22   Link #396
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Just finished the series....yeah,it was nice..decent to be exact..I like this anime's atmosphere...Even though it started really slow it just pulled up in the end...It's really nice to watch these types of animes especially when you need a change of pace or if you just want to relax..It's not like those big-time KyoAni works but man,does it do a well job.Recommended for all romance anime fans.

Only thing that I was dissapointed was..
Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-10, 18:53   Link #397
Lonestar9

Send a message via Yahoo to Lonestar9
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewater_81 View Post
Just finished the series....yeah,it was nice..decent to be exact..I like this anime's atmosphere...Even though it started really slow it just pulled up in the end...It's really nice to watch these types of animes especially when you need a change of pace or if you just want to relax..It's not like those big-time KyoAni works but man,does it do a well job.Recommended for all romance anime fans.

Only thing that I was dissapointed was..
Spoiler:
LOL...yeap, if there's one thing this anime lacked, that would be it!!!!
Lonestar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 18:54   Link #398
christgch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
"i have no problem with sweet and pure. but this went beyond belief."

sorry to dissapoint, but there are still people in this world who believe pre-marital sex is wrong, including myself. It's perfectly believable for 2 teenagers to have a pure relationship, albeit rare.

The scene where they went to the hotel can be taken 2 ways:
A. They really did just spend the night there together innocently, and there's nothing wrong with that.
B. They acted as they presumably did in the game.

You can take your pick, it was left open ended. I doubt the anime is identical to the game, it doesn't have to be assumed that way. Personally, I wouldn't want it to be that way. You might... but maybe that's why they didn't explicitly say what happened.

Lamune was a good break from the drama-ridden shows that all too often prevail. I even think the accident part of this show was really lame... and kinda made the ending seem rushed.
Wrong, wrong, there's no open ended, they didn't do anything, they just spend the night, why? well

Spoiler for Lamune series:

The anime is pure and clean.
christgch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 19:36   Link #399
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Classic and simple ... one of the good ones, yes.
Old 2008-05-09, 22:24   Link #400
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

And i still can't help but mourn over the hugely wasted potential of a kiss scene by the lake that never happened, although the setup was perfect

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, nekoneko, picture magic, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life, visual novel adaptation