Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-29, 05:53   Link #1101
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proof View Post
Over-analyzing the whole thing probably takes out a lot of the enjoyment.
For some people, over-analyzation is the source of enjoyment. I just don't believe [C] is the right anime for those people.

However, a lot of people are saying the economic logic is flawed to the point where even watching casually causes disbelief. My viewing experience was not so, but I cannot say very much in my defense, as I cannot speak for anyone else's viewing experience.

I will leave the discussion with one last comment. There are parts of the anime which don't add up logically if one were to envision the world of [C] as even the least bit representative of our own world. From the very first episode, I held no standards or expectations for the plot to make sense in context of economic theory. However, I did expect the characters to feel emotions, just as people normally do. I was able to accept whatever flawed logic was presented because I believed the characters were acting true to their own ideas. While I appreciate when the logic is as plausible as the person who says it, I realize I can still enjoy pseudo-intellectual anime like [C] without logical consistency. Even so, I believe it's reasonable for others to make common sense a requirement of good anime.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 08:31   Link #1102
arson88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Well that would be awesome but I think they can at less do a good 50eps here
50 episodes will kill the show. The deals will be too tiring to watch. Right now, 20+ episodes will be just nice. They can do a second season after that if they have a good idea.
arson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 22:42   Link #1103
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mols View Post
I just ignored all the economic jargon, and just saw it as another anime with a parallel universe or something like that. I didn't even try to fin metaphors... and it worked, I managed to watch the whole series. And I enjoyed it. Not my favorite, but it does not matter.

However, I was more interested in what was going to happen with the protagonists. What was going to be their future? as such I was disappointed with the ending. Sure, everything changed. We knew that was going to happen, but we did not see how. Specially with Kimimaru and the people he knew. Where does he live? does he have a job in this new present? I was expecting at least a hint of what Mashu was, future wife? daughter? Sister? I don't really like vague but global endings like "everything has changed,etc. etc." and then we can see how exactly it has changed to our protagonist.

Besides the use of US$ in Japan everything could be the same and I missed the differences (also the name of the family living in that house was different, right?)
Yeah, I was a bit disappointed with the end. If they were to continue on into a second season, I most likely would not watch.

Thank you for the signature Pellissier!
TheGeekHuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 22:19   Link #1104
Jarmel

What the fuck. Just finished this. Why is it so hard to get a satisfactory ending from a show? The fight was awesome but that epilogue just confused the crap out of me. So he gets transported to a future Japan where coincidentally he doesn't interact with anyone and some person that looks like Hanabi is living in her house. Seriously?
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 22:48   Link #1105
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
What the fuck. Just finished this. Why is it so hard to get a satisfactory ending from a show? The fight was awesome but that epilogue just confused the crap out of me. So he gets transported to a future Japan where coincidentally he doesn't interact with anyone and some person that looks like Hanabi is living in her house. Seriously?
No, the teacher is in Hanabi's house with his wife and kids.

The Hanabi you know from the series is not the Hanabi at the end of the series. It's a different girl that we see. Technically, we don't even know the girl at the end is named "Hanabi".
Old 2011-07-09, 00:20   Link #1106
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
No, the teacher is in Hanabi's house with his wife and kids.

The Hanabi you know from the series is not the Hanabi at the end of the series. It's a different girl that we see. Technically, we don't even know the girl at the end is named "Hanabi".
Yea I got that but why even go with the misdirection? I don't remember the wife looking so similar to Hanabi.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 00:21   Link #1107
hamstar
just passing by

Quote:
this is pretty much how a lot of people feel
Old 2011-07-11, 18:10   Link #1108
Fiemma
Fiamma

Ost will be released???
Old 2011-07-11, 20:04   Link #1109
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Yea I got that but why even go with the misdirection? I don't remember the wife looking so similar to Hanabi.
The teacher's wife wasn't Hanabi.

Think of it as everybody got their futures back which rewrote lots of possibilities to the point that "Hanabi" isn't the original "Hanabi" anymore. We saw someone that looked a little like "Hanabi" but could also have been Msyu due to the camera angle shot that was used was similar to Q's shot near the end and the voice was similar to Msyu.
Old 2011-07-19, 00:16   Link #1110
amasposu

I finally finished the series. The ending was okay. It was definitely something close to what I was expecting.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 12:17   Link #1111
DarkLordOfkichiku

Just got around to watch the last episode . I'll say, good fight indeed, but the ending was a bit... confusing. Wouldn't call it a Downer Ending though, but I wish they'd come up with something else .

On the whole, I liked this series . As a friend of mine says, C managed to make such a "boring" subject such as economics into something interesting and fun - even if they did so though "pokemon battles" .
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 18:06   Link #1112
jtstellar

surprised to see a few austrian economists here.. breath of fresh air among usual anime watchers.. good work hamstar and a few others.. however many minds you manage to save among even more countless brain-dead teen pure entertainment chasers--props to you. "prefer to enjoy this show without the economics".. lmao.. die hard shounen fanboys make it seem like the economic fight isn't for them, when they will graduate into it in but a few years time. i would grab popcorn n soda and watch how they survive--now that's an anime show.

btw interesting trivia

Mi·das
   /ˈmaɪdəs/ Show Spelled[mahy-duhs] Show IPA
–noun
Classical Mythology . a Phrygian king, son of Gordius, who was given by Dionysus the power of turning whatever he touched into gold.

i think director's intentional metaphor in making a parallel currency comparison/commodity standard is quite clear.

Last edited by jtstellar; 2011-07-25 at 18:16.
jtstellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 03:59   Link #1113
mols

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstellar View Post
surprised to see a few austrian economists here.. breath of fresh air among usual anime watchers.. good work hamstar and a few others.. however many minds you manage to save among even more countless brain-dead teen pure entertainment chasers--props to you. "prefer to enjoy this show without the economics".. lmao.. die hard shounen fanboys make it seem like the economic fight isn't for them, when they will graduate into it in but a few years time. i would grab popcorn n soda and watch how they survive--now that's an anime show.

btw interesting trivia

Mi·das
   /ˈmaɪdəs/ Show Spelled[mahy-duhs] Show IPA
–noun
Classical Mythology . a Phrygian king, son of Gordius, who was given by Dionysus the power of turning whatever he touched into gold.

i think director's intentional metaphor in making a parallel currency comparison/commodity standard is quite clear.
I think many of us here are old enough to be "struggling" in real life with economic problems and stuff. And it is in no way similar to this show. And yes, If I have to choose between an action show with false "economic" battles and a show with unexplained power attacks, I would choose the latter.
mols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 05:36   Link #1114
Wakan Tanka

For those who think that [C] is rather deep plot-wise, you could read more about its philosophies here:

http://animeotaku.animeblogger.net/2...ard-and-hegel/
Old 2011-07-26, 07:33   Link #1115
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I FINALLY got around to watching the end of this (I had stopped at episode 7 due to school, so I just sat through epis 8-11).

The ending was fine up until that epilogue. So many loose ends left hanging. Horrible. It's like, if you're not going to show what happened to various people, why even bother? Ugh...

That aside, the kiss between Mysu and Kimi was really cute. I love the song they used. It gave it the perfect build-up and overall feel I think it should've had (although the engrish of the lyrics that followed were kind of lol). Kinda mad that it didn't show their faces, but at the same time, I think it was a unique shot they chose.

Jennifer's tear/laugh was confusing? It's like wtf is wrong with her? Lol. I also wish they had elaborated more on what Q's feelings were (not just during the end, but throughout the course of the series). During the battle, she was so pissed at Mysu's words, but before she disappears she's gentle and says she wants to be by Mikuni's side? What?

All of that aside, I liked the entire battle of Kimi vs Mikuni. It very cool-looking. All of Mysu's attacks were exceptionally awesome in epis 10 & 11. But it does not make up for that ultra lackluster (and frankly, stupid) ending.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 00:52   Link #1116
jtstellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mols View Post
I think many of us here are old enough to be "struggling" in real life with economic problems and stuff. And it is in no way similar to this show. And yes, If I have to choose between an action show with false "economic" battles and a show with unexplained power attacks, I would choose the latter.
lol, never said i was a fan of the bizarre cg fights.

i invest for a living. if there's some hardcore econ material this anime can present without childish fights that someone can sit through, then i can. don't worry about the fights. that's not what i'm talking about.
jtstellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 18:52   Link #1117
cyth
Banned

I wish the anime had received two seasons, because such an awesome plot needed more episodes. And I'm a bit disappointed with the level of discussion in the last few pages; I'm really sorry I missed the debate, but maybe it was for the better.

At first I too thought that the main goal of the series was to criticize the central banking system, but the "invisible hand" that saved the day in the end changed my mind. What was in focus was actually futures trading, and future was C's main theme. It spoke to me about Japan's massive public debt (although financed at low interest rates) that's going to bury the future of younger generations, and the whole anti-youth atmosphere in Japan, where seniors rule over familial, political, and corporate matters with sheer numbers. What Kimimaro did was basically buy back the future that was being spent on the present state. The Rotary Press and Mikuni trying to keep his brain-dead sister alive is the perfect metaphor for this.

The OST is simply brilliant, and I'm sad the animation department wasn't up to its level. "Bondage head" is an awesome track. Does anyone have a clue as to what the male shout squad is repeating in the background?

BTW, I laughed my ass off when I heard Japan was the first country in the world to trade with futures contracts in an organized manner.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 13:05   Link #1118
Chase

Bah i forgot to at least post a review of this show. So i forgot half of what i was going to say. I do remember it being pretty nice but the ending was too fu*ked up and depressing tho it wasn't necessarily a kill ending. Its what Yoga lost in the end that i found depressing even tho the director didn't try to really present it in that way, they did it unintentionally to me.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 21:02   Link #1119
Myname

How big are Q's breasts? They look huge for some reason.
Myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 17:45   Link #1120
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

i wonder if i should wacth this.

any suggestion of what i should expect?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, finance, noitamina