Kyuu
=^^=

Dammit. Moar delays for us. XD

I offer my soul!
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 16:14   Link #22
Tainaka
Enpatsu Shakugan

It's a really entertaining game. If I can tell you one thing: playing with 3 people certainly doesn't get boring lol
Tainaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 16:17   Link #23
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Playing as Homura right now. Beat the first stage with Gretchen as the boss battle. Game is very entertaining. Homura is a little bit difficult to play and the controls are also a bit awkward, but I should get used to it in no time.
Old 2011-08-13, 20:35   Link #24
dr_marronflower

Great game! I need to get people to play multi.

My first play reminds me something. I played as Mami-san and defeated all the witches. But perished fighting the final boss. Then Madoka avenged her dearest Mami-san!
I was sooo close. Mami-saaaaaan! ;_;
Old 2011-08-13, 22:03   Link #25
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Alright so after finishing the first lap of the game, this is how I see the combat strength of the girls.

Sayaka and Kyouko are the easiest characters to play with, with Sayaka having a rapid but powerful normal attack, with good aerial uppercut and aerial dive attacks. The charge special isn't particularly useful, but thats not an issue since Sayaka has a good normal attack. Kyouko's melee attacks have great range, and her uppercut and signature aerial dive do tons of damage. Her special, forming a barrier that damages enemies that touch it, isn't particularly useful either, but her high dmg and long melee range more than makes up for it.

Mami is an interesting character to play as. Her normal attack isn't so bad, does medium damage, but requires you to be in medium range of enemies. Her Unlimited Musket Works is useful if you have time to charge it, and her gun-kata move does good amount of damage and knocks enemies back. Her ribbon attack can be used to chain with her barrage arm attack. Her Tiro Finale is the most powerful special of all the girls, doing a shitload of damage that can whittle down a boss' health fast, but you have to be careful with it to avoid losing too much Soul limit.

Homura is a bit hard to control. Her normal pistol attack does low damage, but her LMG has fast fire rate useful against groups in front of you. Her rocket launcher is also great for dealing high damage against enemies in front of you. Her mortar is useful against airborn enemies and also do a ton of damage. Her pipe bombs are great defensively when enemies get too close and you need to make room while dealing damage at the same time. Her time control is a bit useful. It could be used to reposition yourself, but you only have a couple of seconds to pull off some attacks before time returns.

Madoka to me is arguably a bit overpowered. Her moveset is limited, but more powerful in general. She can either charge her shot and shoot a flurry of arrows, or shoot one big arrow. A charged big arrow does a ton of damage, and it also knocks enemies back giving you room. She also has the ability to charge her shots in midair, effectively levitating, which can be useful. What makes Madoka pretty powerful is her special, in which she calls an arrow storm at her location that covers a good amount of the screen and does a shitload of damage. Spamming arrowstorm when fighting Walburger Night makes the fight really really easy. Other than that, Madoka also has the ability to aim diagonally up and down, which Homura and Mami can't.

So yea thats my analysis of the character abilities Game is great, really short, but fun!

Last edited by Riga92; 2011-08-13 at 23:46.
Riga92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 22:41   Link #26
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Did anyone happen to encounter a bug on Elly's level where it doesn't change a particular screen when you play Mami?
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 23:08   Link #27
dr_marronflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon
Did anyone happen to encounter a bug on Elly's level where it doesn't change a particular screen when you play Mami?
I played two times Elly's Stage with Mami and I didnt notice any bugs.

Playing as HomuHomu is amazing. She's one-magical-girl-army!
Old 2011-08-13, 23:52   Link #28
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Anyone fought Octavia yet? Or does she only appear when your Sayaka succumbs to grief?

2nd lap thoughts-- your levels are back to 1. I think your starting soul limit is lower. Enemies are higher level and attack more often but grant more XP.
Old 2011-08-13, 23:59   Link #29
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
Anyone fought Octavia yet? Or does she only appear when your Sayaka succumbs to grief?

2nd lap thoughts-- your levels are back to 1. I think your starting soul limit is lower. Enemies are higher level and attack more often but grant more XP.
From checking 4chan, it seems that is indeed the case for Octavia.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 01:33   Link #30
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post

Yea it gets harder the more laps you complete. Octavia is a bit tough boss if you're soloing it, unless you play Madoka in which you can just arrow storm spam

I'm playing this with my friend right now. Mapping it so two people can play on my laptop is a pain, but holy shit are we having so much fun right now.
Old 2011-08-14, 03:06   Link #31
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
Playing as Homura right now. Beat the first stage with Gretchen as the boss battle. Game is very entertaining. Homura is a little bit difficult to play and the controls are also a bit awkward, but I should get used to it in no time.
Whoa, what? When I went around with Mami, my final boss battle was Walpurgisnacht.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 04:30   Link #32
zato_1one

Fun game but it's too short!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
From checking 4chan, it seems that is indeed the case for Octavia.
I wonder if that happens to Madoka, will we have to fight Kriemhild Gretchen?
Old 2011-08-14, 04:47   Link #33
BlueWitch
In two worlds

Strange the game doesn't work for me D: I WANT MY SAYAKA! ..it continues to say d3dx9_43 is missing when I already have it in the folder...yet the touhou 13 game works fine and that uses the same thing. :/
Old 2011-08-14, 05:07   Link #34
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWitch View Post
Strange the game doesn't work for me D: I WANT MY SAYAKA! ..it continues to say d3dx9_43 is missing when I already have it in the folder...yet the touhou 13 game works fine and that uses the same thing. :/
Try updating your DirectX.
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...s.aspx?id=8109
Old 2011-08-14, 05:47   Link #35
Tainaka
Enpatsu Shakugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
Other than that, Madoka also has the ability to aim diagonally up and down, which Homura and Mami can't.
Yeah you pretty much nailed everything in your analysis, nice job lol. I'm sure you know already but Mami's gun arm attack and ribbon act as diagonal shots up and down, and Homura's bombs- the ones she throws (in the air and to the ground), as well as the mortar cannon work really well as diagonal shots. I think they balanced out all the characters pretty well to be honest.

I somehow managed to get pretty beast with Homura. She's not even my favorite character but her speed makes things really fun. Memorize her moves and be quick with your inputs and you're good to go :P

So now.... second lap, let's go!
Tainaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 05:54   Link #36
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Finished the third lap with Sayaka. It got a bit hectic at the end, but it turns out WN's fire breath has a roughly double jump-over-able hitbox. So it turns out finishing the third unlocks laps 6-10 .
Old 2011-08-14, 07:12   Link #37
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

So guys, got any tips to beat stage 3 (tv stage) with Homura? I always got decimated by those hordes of funny-looking-angel familiar

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 07:42   Link #38
BlueWitch
In two worlds

Quote:
Try updating your DirectX.
I already have the latest directX, ver 11.
Old 2011-08-14, 08:19   Link #39
Azrail
Storm Vanguard

Just finished playing through my second lap and the game is a lot of fun. Glad they have a config for gamepads as well since it makes the controls a lot smoother.

By the way it's probably too early to hope for, but has anyone started working on translating any of the trophies? I've gotten 5 or 6 of them so far and want to work on getting some more.
Azrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 08:33   Link #40
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
How does the multiplayer work? Locally or through internet? If latter, how do you set it up?
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote