AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-11, 14:08   Link #221
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
By the looks of it (and what I've read on this thread), the main character is Tsundere. Am I correct?
It could be argued that the boy, Mahiro, is a tsundere. I wouldn't call him that, though. And Nyaruko is anything but.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 14:12   Link #222
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

how many episode?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 14:32   Link #223
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
how many episode?
Not yet known, but the official site has posted release dates for six DVDs, two eps each, up to ep12. Twelve eps seems likely.

By the way, just to publicize my own season preview (link below), this was one of a (fairly large) number of shows I recommended for this season.

You'll also see a link there to a characters/seiyuus page giving pics and info for the main characters and their seiyuus.

As for tsundere, I think she's more yandere with a smile. And toward the guy himself she's all deredere, so far. Goes beyond the types, I'd say. I am sometimes reminded of Dokoro-chan, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 14:37   Link #224
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Not yet known, but the official site has posted release dates for six DVDs, two eps each, up to ep12. Twelve eps seems likely....
Ah ha ... tyvm for this! I somehow did not expect for than 12-13 eps, and 6 dvd's kinda leans to supporting that number.
Old 2012-04-11, 15:11   Link #225
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
By the looks of it (and what I've read on this thread), the main character is Tsundere. Am I correct?
You mean Mahiro? Kuudere would be more appropriate. Apparently he DOES warm up to his Eldritch Abomination roomie-come-bodyguard, but it's not apparent here yet.

As for the Crawling Chaos, the Black Pharaoh, the Dweller in the Darkness, the Haunter in the Dark, the CEO of the Chrysalis Corporation, well I can't claim to understand the workings of the mind of an Elder Evil/Alien/Whatever The Heck It Is, but "it" obviously wants to bone Mahiro badly. A scary proposition, actually, especially when one remembers that its true form likely has tentacles involved.
Old 2012-04-11, 15:15   Link #226
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
I find the opening theme to be... crazy and addictive. At least, this better be the opening.

Spoiler:
You can see the op (in a quarter size window) here
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 15:21   Link #227
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Ignoring the fact that this is a comedy, and that in this wacky universe the Elder Evils as we know them are really just a bunch of otaku aliens, I'm not bothered about the all the poking with the forks. It's not like our titular character is inconvenienced in the long run by it.
That's a much better reason than why I'm fine with the forkings: Personally, I just become confused and disoriented if Kitamura Eri is in a show and she doesn't mete out some sort of comedic abuse to another character.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 15:38   Link #228
billborden

Just finished watching the first episode. Dust though he may be, I'm pretty sure that HP's head just exploded, and Nyaruko LIKED it

Seriously (as much as this show ever gets anway), this has turned out much better than I had hoped. The fork got a bit annoying in the shorts-sort of a one trick pony; here it actually works. I mean, sure she's cute and all, but after watching her dismember a giant flying monster with her bare hands, the fork seems to be a reasonable, even understated, response. I'm amazed he didn't go for a flame-thrower. As long as the relationship develops some, I'm good with it. If not , back to the one trick pony and wasted potential. Heres to high hopes.
Old 2012-04-11, 15:45   Link #229
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

So is Nyaruko really a space cop and the cthulu mythos just some delusion people came up with to explain the creepy space people..... or is Nyaruko really the Nyarlathotep and just BSing Mahiro with the space cop excuse?? Ooooooh, the SAN points we could lose to find out!
Old 2012-04-11, 15:49   Link #230
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
So is Nyaruko really a space cop and the cthulu mythos just some delusion people came up with to explain the creepy space people..... or is Nyaruko really the Nyarlathotep and just BSing Mahiro with the space cop excuse?? Ooooooh, the SAN points we could lose to find out!
i am betting on the BS. We are talking about someone who has reputation for driving people insane as entertainment.
Old 2012-04-11, 15:51   Link #231
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Asking around, it seems that the former is true (as per the LNs).

But you know what? The latter is actually more fun to think about, if only for the fact that it fits Nyarly's M.O. to a T. This is the Avatar of the Outer Gods we're talking about here, who actually likes messing with poor deluded humans.
Old 2012-04-11, 15:57   Link #232
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Asking around, it seems that the former is true (as per the LNs).
That might only mean Nyaruko-san has Mahiro around her finger, feeding him lies on a constant basis >: )
Old 2012-04-11, 17:44   Link #233
Random Wanderer

Well, all information points to her telling the truth. The other girls confirm it in the flash animated videos. Apparently, from what I've read around the internets, the idea is that Lovecraft just met a Nyarlathotepian and exaggerated the stories it told him to write horror stories.

I am reasonably confident that Nyaruko doesn't have some great evil hidden motive here. She may have some additional motives that she hasn't revealed yet, but they will be in line with and in addition to the motives she's already revealed: protecting Mahiro, beating up criminals, shopping, and having sex with Mahiro. In short, I think pretty much everything Nyaruko has told us is true, I'm just not sure that she's told us everything there is to know yet.
Old 2012-04-11, 17:46   Link #234
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Well, all information points to her telling the truth. The other girls confirm it in the flash animated videos. Apparently, from what I've read around the internets, the idea is that Lovecraft just met a Nyarlathotepian and exaggerated the stories it told him to write horror stories.

I am reasonably confident that Nyaruko doesn't have some great evil hidden motive here. She may have some additional motives that she hasn't revealed yet, but they will be in line with and in addition to the motives she's already revealed: protecting Mahiro, beating up criminals, shopping, and having sex with Mahiro. In short, I think pretty much everything Nyaruko has told us is true, I'm just not sure that she's told us everything there is to know yet.
but can we trust the other girls we are talking about Eldtrich Abominations.
Old 2012-04-11, 18:04   Link #235
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
but can we trust the other girls we are talking about Eldtrich Abominations.
Two Nyarlathotepians, a Cthuga, and Atlach-Nacha. All have different perspectives and interests, yet all can independently relate histories and explanations that match up with each other. I believe the critters all mean what they say. They just don't necessarily say everything they mean.
Old 2012-04-11, 19:52   Link #236
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Two Nyarlathotepians, a Cthuga, and Atlach-Nacha. All have different perspectives and interests, yet all can independently relate histories and explanations that match up with each other. I believe the critters all mean what they say. They just don't necessarily say everything they mean.
Eh..... As far as I know, the shorts follow a slightly different story from the LN, so I can't say much..... It's like this in the LN:

Spoiler for For your information:
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 20:08   Link #237
Random Wanderer

Yes, the animated shorts introduced Nyarle (Nyarlathotepian) and Atko (Atlach-Nacha).
Old 2012-04-11, 20:47   Link #238
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
protecting Mahiro, beating up criminals, shopping, and having sex with Mahiro.
We all know what happens when a manipulative, devious and hot deity decides our hapless male lead is the one for her. <-- Spice & Wolf fanart

Last edited by mangamuscle; 2012-04-11 at 21:08.
Old 2012-04-11, 23:14   Link #239
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

You know, looking at the character list, it's going to be VERY weird (for me at least) when Luhi Siston is finally introduced, just because y'know...

Spoiler for Stuff:

Sanity blasting, isn't it?

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2012-04-12 at 00:43. Reason: added picture link
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 23:26   Link #240
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
This has got to be one of the more amusing concepts I've seen lately, and quite the palate-cleanser after the latest round of Mythos incursions the good folks at IDW Publishing set loose on the comic world...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, loli, parody, romance, seinen, shounen, trap