AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-30, 13:22   Link #201
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE

Verdict... it looks nice, but plays terribly?
Old 2013-10-01, 07:45   Link #202
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Combo video by Persona (of Fighter Cafe website), the guy who converted me to Jojo the manga

Check out his other Jojo videos to see the potential of the game.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 16:48   Link #203
marvelB

Well, since the gameplay bashing has worn down a bit, how's about some more character reveals? Here's Vanilla Ice and Narciso Anasui, courtesy of Redon from AP forums:

I hope the female version of Anasui will be available as an alternate skin or something....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 21:22   Link #204
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

The Break held a JoJo tourney.

Old 2013-10-09, 00:39   Link #205
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
The Break held a JoJo tourney.

The only thing worse than 2 guys doing a review, not knowing what they are talking about regarding JoJo: 2 guys giving fighting game commentary about JoJo that they know nothing about.
Old 2013-10-10, 18:55   Link #206
marvelB

This is almost guaranteed to reignite the debate from earlier, but I'll post it anyway: It seems CC2 has "responded" to the complaints about the micro-transactions.
Old 2013-10-15, 01:25   Link #207
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's actually not a general fact. Whereas some games are actually fine as "broken", other aren't.
The fact is games get patched whether we like it or not these days. Look @ all the fucking sooks over Sentinel when Marvel Vs Capcom 3 came out, and in the end he wasn't even a strong character, yet because of a legion of whiners who tried to attack through a super armored move, he got nerfed.

Quote:
If it was "only because of infinite", I would have been fine to some extent, but the game is more broken than that (although losing to infinites in this game was arguably not a pleasant experience prior the patch). I for one get incredibly tired of seeing Diavolo and DIO everywhere, because they are stupid S tiers.

There are glaring imbalance between characters, the game is sluggish as hell etc.
There's always going to broken characters in a game, I don't really know what's the point of complaining about that. SFIV had Akuma and Sagat, MVC 3 had Phoenix and Wolverine, MK had... well whoever was overpowered in whatever patch Netherrealm had out at the time, Injustice has Superman, Blazblue had the holy trinity etc.

Quote:
The point stands: the fact a game can be patched absolutely doesn't discard the developpers responsibility to deliver an enjoyable game.
True, but bitching about infinities and top tier characters which are always going to happen in fighting games is just silly. And as MK9, Injustice and the one single kneejerk patch to MVC3 shows it can be taken care of.

Usually they address these issues in sequels, ala Super Street Fighter IV and Blazblue CS, KOF XIII (you can tell when a KOF "restarts" so to say and usually the first one sucks, as in XII)

Quote:
Bringing the argument that things can be patched are the very reason why some games are released too soon for their own good: the players aren't supposed to be test players whatsoever. They are supposed to enjoy a game that should be somewhat balanced to begin with.
Name these somewhat balanced fighting games that have come out of the gate.

Anyway the game is continually being improved, patch 1.03 just came out a few days ago.

And you know we'll probably get 1.04 or whatever for the English release, we'll probably get most of the DLC characters included as normal and having to play a mode beats the shit out of having to buy alt costumes *looks @ dead or alive 5's halloween costumes....* I could care more about how it shipped in Japan when I'll be getting the English release. You know like I don't really care how a Korean MMO launches in Korea (like say Black Gold) because by the time it gets an English release it will be vastly improved.

And I don't know why anyone expected a fanservice 30fps fighter to be tightly balanced when most of the vets like Capcom, SNK, Namco, Arc System Works and Netherrealm can't do that shit most of the time first go as well.

Last edited by Westlo; 2013-10-15 at 02:16.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 09:14   Link #208
ellifeedn
Thinker

Is this a good game?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 15:51   Link #209
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Some news on the localization changes

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/17...-changes-west/

"For one thing, Namco Bandai are working with JoJo publisher Shueisha to make sure that the localized names for the characters fit with Hirohiko Araki’s intentions “while not offending any party”. Additionally, the localized names will be matched to the U.S. and European versions of the recent anime to ensure consistency."

"Namco also confirmed to us that the U.S. version of the game will retain the Japanese text that appears onscreen mid-fight (since, as CyberConnect2 president Hiroshi Matsuyama commented, Japanese sound effects are also present in the localized version of the manga) and the Japanese voice acting. So, the mid-fight 無駄s and オラs will remain intact when the game reaches the west."
Old 2013-10-17, 17:01   Link #210
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Additionally, the localized names will be matched to the U.S. and European versions of the recent anime to ensure consistency.
Possible hint of a U.S. license for the Jojo anime?
Old 2013-10-17, 17:36   Link #211
marvelB

Well, it was pretty much a no-brainer that a bunch of the names would be changed. However, I do find it interesting that they decided to keep the Japanese voices intact. So does that mean they'd basically have to edit out every line that makes a musical reference, lol?
Old 2014-03-03, 21:09   Link #212
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Bump for the EU Box Art reveal along with a EU release date of April 25...

Shame it won't be a reverse-able cover for the US Physical.

Last edited by SOGESNAKE; 2014-03-03 at 21:49.
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 18:05   Link #213
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Just figured I'd bump the topic since the game comes out Tuesday... some small details...

- US box art is the EU box art.
- US demo is available. Apparantly finishing it will carry over to the main game and reward you with 100,000G.

And another thing, the name changes are also out... for those interested...

Spoiler for English names from EU Version:
Old 2014-04-23, 18:18   Link #214
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Well I'm glad not too many character names had to be changed. All those Stand name changes though.
Old 2014-04-27, 10:10   Link #215
Meltyred

I died a little when I saw Zipper man
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 00:13   Link #216
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just got the game so far so good. Similar to capcoms, but with more style indeed. Love the taunting on this game.
Old 2014-11-18, 00:07   Link #217
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Well... take this with a huge grain of salt...

Play-Asia Makes Listing for Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle 2

So... announcement incoming?
Old 2014-12-16, 19:23   Link #218
marvelB

^And to follow up on the above post: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven has been announced! Furthermore, it's already been confirmed that Diego Brando and Stroheim will appear as playable characters! Dinos and cyborgs and stands.... oh(!) my! (God!)
Old 2014-12-18, 08:32   Link #219
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^And to follow up on the above post: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven has been announced! Furthermore, it's already been confirmed that Diego Brando and Stroheim will appear as playable characters! Dinos and cyborgs and stands.... oh(!) my! (God!)
Broheim in it, nice