AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 133 70.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 22.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 5.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-08, 04:13   Link #161
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Oh my... You guys are true fans! To notice the sisters in the flashback... wow. Sometimes I feel that this series isn't for me because I'm so dense that I keep missing hints haha.

And I agree, I would've loved to see more of Sayuri (and her cute brother <3). I'm happy enough that you can get an ending with her in the game.
Old 2007-01-08, 04:53   Link #162
Southern Cross
Crux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
Oh my... You guys are true fans! To notice the sisters in the flashback... wow. Sometimes I feel that this series isn't for me because I'm so dense that I keep missing hints haha.

And I agree, I would've loved to see more of Sayuri (and her cute brother <3). I'm happy enough that you can get an ending with her in the game.
Well, some people have the time, I choose to emulate my own time to be here at like 4:35 AM Monday (EST [New Jersey] of the US, you know? xP) for the "first time", you could say [activation took hours, bad idea to do it out of business hours, I guess? xD]. I guess I've been observing the discussion, and it's been drawing me really close to Kanon. I guess I'm a sucker for thinking deep, b/c after getting to the middle of Kanon, I couldn't help but go through all of Air myself (TV series first, then movie, the specials) and then see what everyone thought. I hope - know - this continues through Kanon and perhaps even carry on to Clannad if it progresses that far. (Once more, I get fascinated over these things, and even go as far as to look up certain details, so despite my lack of anime experience, I'm trying to get myslef "lean" with you guys. xD

I don't see why we have need to speculate OVAs now when there's still a good half of Kanon left in store for us, right? xD

I think, through my experience with whatever plots and the such I have experienced, we shouldn't be too unhappy with the quantity or lack thereof Sayuri's backstory. Sure, it'd be fine as a "side-dish" of sorts, but you know what quality standards KyoAni has become known for to the Japanese and even the fasubbing community (though lacking long-term experience I have watched all of SHnY xP so I know their "best" at least according to what seems like Japanese mainstream.) Especially with some slips of animation and time focus of essential plot, you'd expect them to be hard at labor to try and make every minute worth it. If we make pages of detail arguing over each and every minute, I think they're doing a heckuva good job at it. Let things unfold over the next few episodes and then see what we'd hunger for then, we've got a lot ahead of us, as I've said. xD
Old 2007-01-08, 15:54   Link #163
kingdom_elladrel
Ayu-ism

That's it First 10 from me.
Totally loved the flashback scene for Sayuri and her little brother. Also when Mai breaks down. Very dramatic.
Old 2007-01-08, 18:44   Link #164
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Wow..has the perfect 10 ever gone before 100 before??? Who will be the 100th person
Old 2007-01-08, 23:26   Link #165
Tasdern
Kairin fan club member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
Wow..has the perfect 10 ever gone before 100 before??? Who will be the 100th person
I meant to give it a 10 but I hit the 9 by mistake. The way #9 is longer than #10, I mistake it for 10!

The selections for 9 & 10 should be writen as:
10 out of 10 : Perfect
9 out of 10 : Excellent
8 out of 10 : Very Good

Instead of:
Perfect 10
9 out of 10 : Perfect
8 out of 10 : Very Good

So, the totals should be one less for 9 and one more for 10. But who's counting?

Next time I'll be more careful when I place my vote. ( No, I don't live in Broward County!)

~Tasdern
Old 2007-01-10, 15:17   Link #166
Cai Calamigarde
Memento mori...

Maaann... I couldn't hold my tears T_T
Old 2007-01-18, 02:23   Link #167
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
~ Bunny-girl flashback! Yay! The setup to a later scene. I look forward to it.
Spoiler:
~
For those still interested, the BGM that started as Yuuichi flashbacked to the Bunnygirl, remained as the BGM throughout the titlescreen and the scene where Yuuichi met Mai for lunch.

Ergo, it acted as a link/thread connecting the Bunnygirl to Mai.

Cheers.
Old 2007-01-26, 10:06   Link #168
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Just recently I thought I might try Kanon and intended to watch the first episode.
Well, I couldn't bring myself to stop until episode 14. Beyond awesome.

But now it's enough. This series is meant to be watched in as few sittings as possible, I don't think it would've the same effect if viewed split up in every episode with a week delay after each.
So now I'm waiting until it's finished, I feel like it really would spoil the experience if I watched every episode as soon as it's aired.
Old 2007-01-28, 11:35   Link #169
Tasdern
Kairin fan club member

Cool You can watch it every week.

I thought about doing what you suggest but the series is too good. I can't wait for Friday so that I can dowload and watch the latest ep. It doesn't ruin anything.

I'll end up watching the ep 3 or 4 times anyway. Sometimes I'll play the last 3. And when the series is finished, I'll watch them all on one day.

Yes, the series are very good when you watch them all at once but they are also fine the way it is.

Some things are best enjoyed slowly. Kannon is one of those things.

I know it will drive you nuts waitig for the next ep but thats part of the fun!

~Tasdern
Old 2009-10-16, 03:17   Link #170
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well, decided to continue on Kanon again, but wow. This episode is as good as they come, and does a great job of explaining Sayuri's character as well as some insight in between her relationship with Mai. Mai herself was awesome as always, and there's some really amazing voice acting at the end. They packed a lot a ton of emotion and drama in this episode, and it doesn't feel overdone-- I didn't realize it was over til it was over. While some of the earlier episodes lacked focus, this one got everything back on track. 10/10 and well deserved.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-07-13, 01:59   Link #171
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Well, decided to continue on Kanon again, but wow. This episode is as good as they come, and does a great job of explaining Sayuri's character as well as some insight in between her relationship with Mai. Mai herself was awesome as always, and there's some really amazing voice acting at the end. They packed a lot a ton of emotion and drama in this episode, and it doesn't feel overdone-- I didn't realize it was over til it was over. While some of the earlier episodes lacked focus, this one got everything back on track. 10/10 and well deserved.
I agree completely this episode was simply amazing, and so far of what I've seen in Kanon, this has been the best episode, and also I am starting to get why so you are such a fan of Mai, the past few episodes have really shown her to be an excellent character. I'd write more, but honestly too eager to watch the next episode sooner .

I also found out finally where the nice quote you had before as your sig came from xD.
MAL
Old 2010-07-13, 04:41   Link #172
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Oh no, you bumped it; I'm gonna have to watch it again. But this never gets old to me. This is one of the best episodes not just for the anime, but for all the animes I've seen.

But yea, that was an amazing and meaningful title drop! Usually when most shows do it it ends up cheesy and pretentious but not here. The same melody, repeating itself over and over again, getting more beautiful each time is a theme I've found in all of Key's works. Interestingly, I've felt that the moment I heard the full version of Angel Beats' "My Soul, Your Beats"

I also loved the first scene with the Jam, "Nice knowing you" has been uttered among my friends when someone orders an unknown random alcoholic drink at a bar at times. But still, at least it's not the jam.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Closed Thread