AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-03-06, 17:03   Link #601
unmoldedtruck

Send a message via AIM to unmoldedtruck
Updated the wiki to reflect the Kouyouen change.
________
KTM 65SX

Last edited by unmoldedtruck; 2011-01-24 at 19:59.
unmoldedtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 17:05   Link #602
Bean Bandit

Hmm...I tried a Haruki sketch using a Kamina picture to base the pose off of. Strangely, Haruki Seems to missing something-they don't quite convey a proper 'Hyperactively GAR' feel. He looks almost serene.
Bean Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 17:35   Link #603
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I'm gonna have to say that I prefer the scene where the Computer club was male, and the black male was initiated via Kyonko. The scene doesn't really seem to work as well with a male or female club getting forced to get physical with a Male Mikuru. Most people would call BS on the guy on guy, and people would say "why are you complaining" if a bunch of women started groping Mitsuru.

Besides, we gotta do some things different.

On the Knife issue, I'd say that we stick with the combat Knife. A short Japanese sword seems a bit to over the top for it to work. I think that Asakura adding a subtle rape threat in the knife scene would make it much more threatening, and give much more leeway in the amount of appreciation that Kyonko can feel towards Nagato.

Although I might be looking to far ahead, I wonder how this alternation will effect the Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya? Most of the other scenario's can be mildly altered to accommodate for the gender swap, but Intrigue is much different. A major backbone of that plot is Haruhi creating the setup for Kyon and Itsuki to dig up the Chocolate for Valentines day. This will not work.

This will create a situation where Haruki will be expecting Chocolate from Kyonko, and the unexpected arrival of the time traveling Mitsuru might make her forget about it. This could create an amusing scenario where Haruki will ponder about the chocolate issue. On one hand he might be typically GAR about it (what does that mean anyway?), or he might get nervous.

That would be amusing, though I doubt the agency would stand by while Haruki ground his teeth over it. Their primary objective is his mental stability.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 17:55   Link #604
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

200+ posts?? In 24 hours??? Egad!!

I'm in favor of the all female computer society... the blackmail involving a male computer club and Kyonko doesn't work for me.

I like the idea of Haruki carrying Kyonko from time to time... a funny bit can be had when someone points out that the way Haruki carries Kyonko is also the way brides are carried...

And Kyonko with the temperament of Kagami Hiiragi is just brilliant! Since we're combining character aspects for Haruki, who can we also combine for Kyonko?

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 18:02   Link #605
fishy_hylian
I'm ga-vomiting

I figured that Haruki would pick Kyonko up and throw her over his shoulder like fire-fighters do XD I can imagine something like the scene in Shrek where he picks up Fiona and she's shouting at him and bashing him on his back to let her down X)
fishy_hylian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 18:11   Link #606
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I'm in favor of the all female computer society... the blackmail involving a male computer club and Kyonko doesn't work for me.
I don't know. I just can't see the black mail plot involving Mitsuru working the same way it did in the original novels and series with Mikuru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post

I like the idea of Haruki carrying Kyonko from time to time... a funny bit can be had when someone points out that the way Haruki carries Kyonko is also the way brides are carried...
That I can totally see happening. Haruhi is described as having strangely unnatural bursts of strength, so Haruki would logically decide the best way to expedite Kyonko's relocation when he felt speed was required would be to pick her up kicking and screaming, and run

...It's actually kind of a hot mental image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishy_hylian View Post
I figured that Haruki would pick Kyonko up and throw her over his shoulder like fire-fighters do XD I can imagine something like the scene in Shrek where he picks up Fiona and she's shouting at him and bashing him on his back to let her down X)
Given the speed that Haruki will be running away at, it will look rather diabolical.

Although we could go for variety in the pick ups. There's bridal style, or under the arms.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 18:16   Link #607
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Hmm... sometimes, you feel like drawing something because it can be done...

Again, just as it might not be surprising for Haruki to pick up Kyonko off the ground, I don't find it surprising if Kyonko is forced to retrieve Haruki against her will...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 18:28   Link #608
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I finished another part of Chapter One.

I turned Taniguchi into The Libby...

Both her and Kunikida have elements of Kana from Minami-ke. Poor Kyon-chan really is surrounded by idiots...

Spoiler for Chapter One, part 3:

Maaaa, I love Tanigirlchi. She's so entertaining.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 18:34   Link #609
MistaYoH

Ima like wtf?! I went to sleep and 6 pages popped up..... Got work today.... can't CG...... and worse of all my comp died twice yesterday.... have to redo the uniforms T_T (fast tho).

Interesting plot you guys laid out. Hmmmm DoS.... I wouldn't mind the whole Comp club to be female... but that would mean they're not as mean as the dudes... unless the president is..... a Tsundere =D

Speaking of fanfic, i written quite a long Shana x Haruhi one..... only don't know where i threw the txt file. Quite well received among friends...

Edit: Nice work Panzerfan. Is that full 3D?
MistaYoH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 18:35   Link #610
Raijinken
Victoria's secret weapon

She's so DEAD. Insult Kyon-ko? NO. I say Ryou practices his slicing and stabbing on her before he moves on to the awesome scene. BLEED HER!

I would also like to say my violent reaction in no way discredits Kaisos' writing. Good job yet again. Now, drop a meteor on her house. It'll be funny.

... Mess with the moe and you get the HORNS...
Raijinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 18:37   Link #611
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raijinken View Post
She's so DEAD. Insult Kyon-ko? NO. I say Ryou practices his slicing and stabbing on her before he moves on to the awesome scene. BLEED HER!

I would also like to say my violent reaction in no way discredits Kaisos' writing. Good job yet again. Now, drop a meteor on her house. It'll be funny.

... Mess with the moe and you get the HORNS...
Thank you.

Now could I get some commentary and constructive criticism from someone who's not my best friend?
Old 2008-03-06, 18:37   Link #612
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Maaaa, I love Tanigirlchi. She's so entertaining.
This part nearly killed me:

Quote:
Taniguchi put her sliced boiled egg into her mouth, chewed, and said:
"Well, he wouldn’t be interested in you anyway, considering your figure. Personally, I advise you to give up! He’s not normal enough to even be interested in pretty girls."

Excuse me?
Seriously, did you have to home in on Kyon-chan's figure?

The only part I have a problem: Using the hip as a criteria -_-
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 18:39   Link #613
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
This part nearly killed me:

Seriously, did you have to home in on Kyon-chan's figure?

The only part I have a problem: Using the hip as a criteria -_-

Well, I had to figure out some way of making Tanigirlchi be annoying to Kyon-chan... random shots at her figure like that work pretty well.

Hip? What?
Old 2008-03-06, 18:42   Link #614
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Hip? What?
This part:

Quote:
"He's an AA+! Come on, just look at his face, his personality must be first class! Plus, he's got a great butt, too!"
Old 2008-03-06, 18:44   Link #615
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
This part:
Oh, haha. Just thought that would make Tanigirlchi even more moronic and slutty.
Old 2008-03-06, 18:45   Link #616
fishy_hylian
I'm ga-vomiting

Seems girl's can't really say about a guy 'He's got a nice rack' it turns into 'he's got a nice butt.'

It's kinda the female equivalent of being a bit pervy ^^'
fishy_hylian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 18:50   Link #617
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Oh, haha. Just thought that would make Tanigirlchi even more moronic and slutty.
All right, I guess you could use it
Old 2008-03-06, 19:16   Link #618
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishy_hylian View Post
Seems girl's can't really say about a guy 'He's got a nice rack' it turns into 'he's got a nice butt.'

It's kinda the female equivalent of being a bit pervy ^^'
Yes, exactly.
Old 2008-03-06, 19:19   Link #619
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Hmmm, I think to make Haruki more GAR we need to change the headband to a Bandana.
Old 2008-03-06, 19:21   Link #620
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Hmmm, I think to make Haruki more GAR we need to change the headband to a Bandana.
Is making Haruki even more GAR possible?

(BTW, what's GAR?)

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan