AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-01-11, 06:11   Link #2121
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Geez, I seem to have missed a storm. O_O

I'll say one thing - World of Warcraft is the ONLY mmorpg that continues to pull in the sales, the numbers, the profits in the way it does. It breaks the records and blows away any other competition in any genre. If it's so bad as people claim - then why did 4 million people buy Lich King in the 1st month? Why are there 11.5 million subscribers? Why does it make over a billion dollars a year? Because for its flaws - it does an increasing number of things right. It is the trendsetter that others copy.

And on the Priests - a Discipline Priest with Divine Aegis is easy street healing. Blizzard admitted they have to change the mechanics because that spec makes it too easy.

Arena will always have complaints. If a couple of classes rise and two previously strong ones fall, you'll get a new wave of complaints. There is no true way to make all 10 classes 'equal' in the Arena. Frankly certain healers have had it very easy throughout all of the Level 70 Arena seasons, so if they have a problem with burst DPS - I honestly don't care. Handle it.
Old 2009-01-11, 18:34   Link #2122
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Looks are serious business. Would you rather have to wear horribly mismatched and gaudy looking gear just because it's the best?

I wouldn't. I'd wear something that looks nice.
Stats are Everything, if u were to go up agenst a totaly weird looking person with missmatched armor, ur prob gonna get stomped into the ground.
Old 2009-01-11, 20:33   Link #2123
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wow...got a 575 - 12+ minute queue on Arygos...Haven't had that since the expansion released, and around the time 2.4 came out.
Old 2009-01-11, 21:33   Link #2124
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Stats are Everything, if u were to go up agenst a totaly weird looking person with missmatched armor, ur prob gonna get stomped into the ground.
Moot point I don't PvP enough to bother.
And even if he did I'd just laugh at him/her irl for caring more about "OMG NUMBARZ" then not looking like a walking clown.

I'm pretty serious on looks. I did Death Knight to 68 using the starting blues (minus trinkets, rings, amulet, and weapon).
Old 2009-01-11, 22:17   Link #2125
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
A little warning to others. The other day I was lfg for normal Malygos on my DK. I was invited and I checked the LFG channel to make sure they were doing normal Malygos. They proceeded to summon me and I took the summon without looking at where the destination was. It turns out that it was a guild scamming people by going into LFG channels and inviting players to summon them to a finished Heroic Naxx in front of the frogger slimes. I managed to dodge the slimes, but ended up getting saved unfortunately. Moral of the story: don't assume everyone on your server has good intentions and look before you leap.

On a good note, got Envoy of Mortality for my hunter.
Old 2009-01-11, 22:55   Link #2126
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos View Post
A little warning to others. The other day I was lfg for normal Malygos on my DK. I was invited and I checked the LFG channel to make sure they were doing normal Malygos. They proceeded to summon me and I took the summon without looking at where the destination was. It turns out that it was a guild scamming people by going into LFG channels and inviting players to summon them to a finished Heroic Naxx in front of the frogger slimes. I managed to dodge the slimes, but ended up getting saved unfortunately. Moral of the story: don't assume everyone on your server has good intentions and look before you leap.

On a good note, got Envoy of Mortality for my hunter.
I'm confused.
Exactly what happened?
Old 2009-01-11, 23:05   Link #2127
Xellos
There will be no miracle

It was a party sitting in Naxxramas going into different LFG channels and inviting the people in those channels. They proceeded to Warlock summon those people in front of the slimes at Patchwerk. If you were careless like me (I saw them in the Malygos LFG channel, so I assumed they were at Malygos) and didn't check to see where the summon was going to, you ended up either dying to slimes or being saved to H Naxx or both.
Old 2009-01-12, 02:12   Link #2128
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Did you report them? I'd take great pleasure in doing so. That would fall under Blizzards griefing policy and they can check the chat logs to prove it. Get the retards banned.
Old 2009-01-12, 03:22   Link #2129
Xvoki

Just started playing WOW again. I love this game. I did play Rappelz for a while, biggest load of shit i ever played. Not only is it just one long grind fest, their's far to many idiots player killing low levels. They literally hang around the main cities designed for low level players and PK them when they leave - so do the GM's ban them, no! I guess thats what you get with free mmorpgs.
Xvoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 04:52   Link #2130
Mr Hat and Clogs

Quote:
Friend removed because character no longer exists.
*sniffle* abandoned!

Old 2009-01-12, 05:13   Link #2131
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Did you report them? I'd take great pleasure in doing so. That would fall under Blizzards griefing policy and they can check the chat logs to prove it. Get the retards banned.
Yeah, I reported it to a GM. I'm sure others did as well, since they were doing it for awhile. Should've checked their guild since its notorious for having retards like that.
Old 2009-01-12, 05:57   Link #2132
Mr Hat and Clogs

People did that in lava back in the day, and underwater too, they were punished for it!
Old 2009-01-12, 10:15   Link #2133
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
*sniffle* abandoned!

Can't imagine who that might have been...

Seriously though, I liked that server quite a bit but there was really nothing I could do there. Every guild that was recruiting was either terrible or in the wrong time zone.

It's kind of off-putting now knowing I just jumped from a 10-man Naxx guild with 800-dps players to one that has cleared all content, but I intend to give it 100% and hopefully I don't disappoint them too badly.

Oh and don't worry, I will be back frequently to amaze you with more tales of my Clannad merchandise purchases. In fact I should be getting my Kotomi cushion today.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 12:25   Link #2134
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I did it to someone in Nagrand...well actually he volunteered. Get a group of 70s up on an island and attempted a few times to summon him in open air. Never quite worked. He was a 66 or something and enjoyed jumping off the island (first into the water since I picked an island over a lake), and then onto land as he jumped into that Broken village in the west. (I raced him down on my flying mount one of those times). We probably did it about ten times with that one guy before we got tired of it.
Old 2009-01-12, 12:57   Link #2135
tkdtiger

so for i only have a lvl 52 rogue, 36 warlock, and 26 pally on ravencrest server. I'm enjoying it I cant wait to finally get my DK only 3 lvls to go : P overall though I still like the original EQ's character creation better in that your given certain amount of points to place in things like strength, vitality, stamina etc... i think that would have been cool. I think they could improve also by having more variety of different looking armor. There's too many things that look the same imo...over all though I'm enjoying it : ) did I mention only 3 more lvls till I get my DK : P
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 15:34   Link #2136
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

It's been awhile that i have played WoW. I played WoW when it was released, and stopped a month before TBC was released. I have been considering to start WoW again.

Now for my questions. What would be the best race to solo with? And still being useful at endgame. I use to play Shaman as main, and had a Hunter Rogue alt @ lv 60. I didn't really like being a Shaman as it was boring to stare at 40 health bars, and heal them in raids. But guess that was the only role for Shamans in Raid dungeons. I could have some fun in regular 5 man Dungeons, but wasn't always appreciated, as a Shaman is jack of all trade, and not actually good at anything. Playing rogue was fun, but was a bit demotivated to get good gear with her, didn't bothered much with my rogue after reaching lvl 60. My last alt was a Hunter. I think it was the only race i really enjoyed. I like having a pet to tank for me while i stay safe. Good at playing solo, and little downtime from battle. And still viable in raids/dungeons as you are DPS. So to sum it up, i enjoyed my hunter the most. I don't have my account anymore. And i'm thinking of starting anew.

I'm fairly sure i want to role a Hunter. Unless a lot have changed and the hunter isn't so viable anymore. If so, what other class would be easy to level with alone?

And other question. I think i'm sticking to being a Horde player. I always found trolls look ugly, and dito for Orcs(IMHO). So i will probably play Tauren or Bloodelf. Looking at the racials of the Bloodelf i was like... err that doesn't seem to useful, or am i wrong? I haven't played WoW for over 2 years. So a lot might of changed. But the racials looked quite useless.

The Taurens racials looks ok. But i use to play Tauren too, except my rogue that was a Undead, i would of rolled my rogue a tauren to if it was possible(ninjacow) :P But for my new char i'm not to sure if i want to go Tauren again. I'm not to found of jumping through Mulgore for like the 5th time, doing the same quests again.

So to sum it up, are Hunters still a good solo class, and still useful endgame? And what race to role for Hunter? Are the racials of Bloodelf really as useless as i think?

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 16:10   Link #2137
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hunters are still a good solo class.
End Game Hunter: I don't know...my hunter is only 67.

"Welcome Back"? You now have 20 levels to go to get your 60s to End Game.

Racials tend to depend on the class you are playing...they've changed in the last year or so due to mechanics...+Spirit for Human Warlocks use to be useless...now it is +damage due to changes in Fel Armor.

Blood Elf racials usefulness depends on your class and profession.
You have an instant silence that also return a percentage of mana/runic power/rage/energy, range 8 yards, 6% return.
magic resistance (useful against being hit by all spells) 2%,
+10 skill in enchanting (only useful if you take up Enchanting)

If you still have a level 60..and want to avoid the 1-60 grind again...there is the Death Knight option now. 55-58 via starting zone quests, then off to the expansion regions (Outland 58-70 and Northrend 68-80).

If you've done too much Horde, there is always Alliance.
Shaman has also changed to more of a dps role with healing/wipe recovery...also not horde exclusive either...plus since the blood elf was brought up...horde paladin tanks.

(It was funny once around Halaa...I saw one Horde player attacking the city and mentioned it on local defense that a Paladin was attacking Halaa. I got back, "what race is he?" I blinked, then put in "A Horde Paladin?" To which I got back, "Oh right, stupid question")
Old 2009-01-12, 16:47   Link #2138
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

I don't have my old account anymore. So it will really be a new start. I wasn't to convinced about the 10% spell dodge, i would personally rather have dodge against weapons. But that is just meh. As for enchating + 10. I use to do enchating on my old Shaman. It was quite good for money. The old +15agi on weapon things and other MC recipe that drop. I was lucky to receive some of them. How is enchating now for making money? Very dependent on rare recipe or?

I also did Mining. It was quite good money to. Somehow there seemed to be a infinity need for Thorium

Any other opinions about endgame Hunter?

I looked at WoW site and looked up info about Death Knight. So he can wear all kind of armor. And is is a Primary tank according to blizzard own saying. And yet if i look at his weakness, it says he can't wear a shield... Now i don't know how TBC/WoTLK is today. But a primary tank without a shield? What role does the Death knight actually has?

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 16:55   Link #2139
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Hunters are very viable in end game raiding, they're one of if not the highest dps. There is a pretty big nerf coming soon, though I don't think it'll make them anywhere near useless.

Blood Elf and Tauren are the 2 worst races for hunters. Yes, the Blood Elf racial is pretty much as useless as you think for hunter, can get back a very small amount of mana or silence someone in pvp (at melee range which is not that great either) but that's about it. Same for Tauren pretty much. Warstomp won't help you in raids; it's decent in PvP but that doesn't sound like it's your focus.

You really should be Orc or Troll if you want to be as effective as possible, as both races have 2 racials that are good/great for hunters as opposed to 0 for BE and Tauren. Orc has +pet damage and an attack power boost cooldown, and Troll has extra bow crit and Berserking to increase attack speed. Orcs and Trolls also have reduced stun duration and reduced movement impairing effect duration, respectively, so they are not weak in PvP either.

It's really up to you whether you want to roll your character based on cosmetics or gameplay effectiveness. (Also as far as cosmetics go I would never roll a Blood Elf, I think Tauren hunters look incredibly goofy, and I consider Orcs 100% pure awesome, but hey, that's just me.)

Edit: In simple terms, DK has a "presence" that it switches to for tanking that increases armor and health by a significant amount as opposed to a shield, as well as a high parry rating and some really powerful damage-reducing cooldowns.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 18:07   Link #2140
Xellos
There will be no miracle

BM hunters with the 50/21/0 are top dps in raids now aside from HaT specced rogues (bug) and DW DKs. Granted hunters will see the nerf stick next patch, but I'm sure they'll still remain competitive dps. As RW said, Orc and Troll are best for hunter although I'd give the nod to Orc. Haste is horrible for BM hunters and alright for MM/SV. It's going to be devalued even more once steady shot gets nerfed next patch. More AP from Blood Fury is always useful no matter what spec you are. The same goes for increased pet damage. All that being said, race only matters if you care about min/maxing. You can do just fine as any race.
Hunters do just fine as solo, but DK have them beat. You'll never have to rest as a DK if you play it right. The increased run/mount speed, survivability, and AoE ability of Unholy is great for leveling.

As for money making professions, I'd go mining and JC. JC isn't as bad as it used to be with regard to leveling and you can make decent gold once you get it lvled. Additionally, it has those lovely prismatic gems. Mining supplements JC nicely as it gives you mats to level JC as well as ore to prospect. After you max JC, you could probably just buy ore from the AH to prospect for profit and drop mining for something else if you so desire. For absolute min/maxing, I'd go with BS and JC.

Finally, DKs are dps and tanks. DKs compensate for not being able to use a shield by Frost Presence. It increases the contribution of armor from items by 60%, increases health by 10%, and reduces spell damage by 5%. Next patch it will be buffed to 80% increased contribution of armor from items and 15% less spell damage. Health buff will remain the same.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows