AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2011-10-23, 20:49   Link #5761
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Keima is really treading dangerous ground here (and on PURPOSE). If he does things right (which he will likely will) then he can at the very least check off one more goddess on his list, but if he does things WRONG, then he just bought himself a ticket on a nice boat...
Old 2011-10-23, 20:57   Link #5762
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Keima is too genre-savy to end up on said boat. He likely has a plan somewhere when shit hits the fan.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 22:46   Link #5763
Shadow5YA

Or he improvises. Keima has messed up before, and he knows it. Considering he saw how badly Hinoki's Weiss grew out of control and Kanon/Apollo get hurt, I doubt he can claim to have a perfect track record. The only thing we can say is that Keima is persistent, like he was with that bugged galge ages ago.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 22:49   Link #5764
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

People are getting paranoid with School Days
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 09:59   Link #5765
Negi-bozu

I really don't know what to think, there are so many possibility about where Mercury is, the only thing I'm sure is that this plot is really great!
Negi-bozu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 10:42   Link #5766
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negi-bozu View Post
(...) the only thing I'm sure is that this plot is really great!
And this is so sure.

When i started reading the manga, i think 2 years back, i never imagined, that it would turn out so interesting.
Old 2011-10-24, 11:17   Link #5767
kagato3

Something of atheroy of mine is what if the goddesses feed off different 'flavors of love.
Kannon's seems to feed off the crowds of her events
Shiori's seems to be either a sibling or parent / child type
Yui's seems more focused on the conquest then the relationship
Ect..
So what if Mercury is the matchmaker.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 11:25   Link #5768
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

The more I read the chapter, it points to the fact that both don't have the goddess, it feels like a troll.
Old 2011-10-25, 05:00   Link #5769
MagicaLideaL
Madder Sky~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Something of atheroy of mine is what if the goddesses feed off different 'flavors of love.
Kannon's seems to feed off the crowds of her events
Shiori's seems to be either a sibling or parent / child type
Yui's seems more focused on the conquest then the relationship
Ect..
So what if Mercury is the matchmaker.
Well said, I hope so too. It will be nice to see Mercury acting kind while deep inside her heart she is feeling jealous.
MagicaLideaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 06:25   Link #5770
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Mercury? Maybe she only appear when one of them get wet...

....not the kind of wet that you and i are thinking about btw, i means like rains or tears, after all it's Chihiro theme.
Old 2011-10-25, 08:24   Link #5771
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
People who keep bringing School Days into this: you suck. How dare you taint this holy ground with such filth?

it's a joke, chill
Then why are you guys so happy when CROSS DAYS is being brought in?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 13:39   Link #5772
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Just read the latest chapter and feel that ChihiroxAyumi arc is getting dragged on...
Well, its cute to see Ayumi and Chihiro blushing face, but somehow i'm getting impatient to see the next move after all the Goddess is assembled...

Who's next to be conquered? The new masochist district chief that replacing Haqua? That would be interesting...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 13:42   Link #5773
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

I'm guessing this is one of those situations where the suspense leads to a big finish.
Old 2011-10-25, 13:48   Link #5774
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Just read the latest chapter and feel that ChihiroxAyumi arc is getting dragged on ... somehow i'm getting impatient to see the next move after all the Goddess is assembled.
Agreed on both accounts.
Old 2011-10-25, 14:27   Link #5775
moridin84
Custom User Title

Hmm, Miyako is going to be on the cover for the next volume right?

It seems like it would be a bit too much of a spoiler if it was because she is the goddess. It's also pretty unlikely that the author is going her on the volume cover just to troll people.

The most likely thing is that she's the contractor for the masochistic demon girl. The second most likely thing is that she's related to heaven, we should get some interference for that side at some point.

That leaves me thinking that the goddess is probably in Ayumi with Chihiro being the normal girl, fitting her character.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 14:32   Link #5776
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post

It seems like it would be a bit too much of a spoiler if it was because she is the goddess. It's also pretty unlikely that the author is going her on the volume cover just to troll people.

The most likely thing is that she's the contractor for the masochistic demon girl. The second most likely thing is that she's related to heaven, we should get some interference for that side at some point.

That leaves me thinking that the goddess is probably in Ayumi with Chihiro being the normal girl, fitting her character.
Well, I personally would not mind Ayumi being the bearer of Mercury and all, but with Miyako being on the cover it does raise some questions, doesn't it?

SaintessHeart has been guessing that Miyako houses Mercury for a very long time now (at least in conversation with me and later on in this thread), so it's not like I personally would be taken aback because of this.

But I hadn't thought of the possibility of Miyako being Lune's contractor.... Hmm. For that matter I guess Ayumi or Chihiro could as well, which opens up a much larger "avenue" of possibilities that had never occurred to me - how a "normal girl" being involved in "Keima's world" without necessarily housing a goddess.
Old 2011-10-25, 14:54   Link #5777
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Thats the first time, im reading this. Interesting. Very interesting.

Speaking of,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Expect some changes.
Old 2011-10-25, 15:02   Link #5778
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

The best part about this is the fact that there is an actual nice boat that's important to the story.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 17:52   Link #5779
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
SaintessHeart has been guessing that Miyako houses Mercury for a very long time now (at least in conversation with me and later on in this thread), so it's not like I personally would be taken aback because of this.
Indeed, it's the thing he brings up the second-most often.

Quote:
But I hadn't thought of the possibility of Miyako being Lune's contractor.... Hmm. For that matter I guess Ayumi or Chihiro could as well, which opens up a much larger "avenue" of possibilities that had never occurred to me - how a "normal girl" being involved in "Keima's world" without necessarily housing a goddess.
Well it only occurred to me this morning, a momentary madness perhaps. So far there has been nothing to indicate that she had a goddess, just that she is probably something "special". It seems like quite a clever twist without being either too crazy or wishful thinking (e.g. Haqua staying on Keima house from now on).

Ayumi as Mercury makes the most sense, the only reason to doubt it is because it's "too obvious" but if the author plays that straight and makes the twist to be something completely different... then Miyaka being something "special" but not a "goddess" would be it.

By the way, was Lune a member of the Runaway Squad or did Vintage make her one so she could replace Haqua?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Thats the first time, im reading this. Interesting. Very interesting.
Errm, I thought that read that in this thread. There was even an image of the volume cover. If that is not the case, I can go and look to see if I can find it again.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 17:58   Link #5780
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Ayumi as Mercury makes the most sense, the only reason to doubt it is because it's "too obvious" but if the author plays that straight and makes the twist to be something completely different... then Miyaka being something "special" but not a "goddess" would be it.
Exactly. Because the mangaka seems to delight in trolling his readers everyone is on their guard against the obvious choice of Ayumi housing Mercury.... -_-

Quote:
By the way, was Lune a member of the Runaway Squad or did Vintage make her one so she could replace Haqua?....
Hmm ... I don't think she was already a member, I think Vintage "made her one" to replace Haqua.

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen