Parodies!

i am searching for parodies of anime!

i would like parodies of more known animes like:

Code Geass
Death Note
Dot Hack
Gundam Seed
etc...

i donīt know if any of the above exist but i think i heard something about Code Geass parody called Reasu Mood or something but i am not queit sure.
Old 2008-03-26, 14:56   Link #2
james0246

I doubt you will find many current parodies that are not simply side jokes made by pseudo-otaku character (ala Lucky Star). But, for a good and funny semi-older series, check out:

Excel Saga - parodies every type of anime/manga/game that is popular in Japan, all the while having a fairly cohesive plot (if somewhat simplistic). You will find Giant Mecha parodies (Gundam Seed), political drama parodies (Code Geass), gaming parodies (.Hack), horror parodies (somewhat Death note), as well as romance, dating-sims, Senshi, probably the best Evangelion ever, Fighting anime (Fist of the North Star), High School drama/slice-of-life, Sports, and many more.
Old 2008-03-26, 15:13   Link #3
Vagrant0

There aren't really many parodies that are just there to make fun of a certain series. Instead most parodies tend to target either a genre or just about everything they can. As mentioned, Excel Saga parodies several anime types, as well as makes references to some older anime. Puni Puni Poemi does the same thing, but focuses more on Mahou Shojo/superpowers anime. But both of these were made a few years ago, so don't make fun of anything more recent beyond just making fun of the genre.

For more contemporary series, although Gintama and Lucky Star make references to alot of things, they don't really focus on any one series or genre too much.

"Reasu Mood" is actually something used in Lucky Star (I think) to make references to the series without dealing with the legal issues (Since the company who owns Lucky Star does not own Code Geass).

Most of what you're looking for, if I'm understanding right, is more the domain of manga, where occasionally there are series designed just make fun of a particular group of characters related to a series. But most of these tend to be made by fans, and are usually small in length.
Old 2008-03-26, 16:07   Link #4
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I think there's a Gundam parody included in Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.
Old 2008-03-26, 16:19   Link #5
TEC

ok, i think i get the picture and i will check excel saga!
then if i can ask this of you, can you recommend animes with parody(gintama, and problably Excel Saga)?
Old 2008-03-26, 16:22   Link #6
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Kimiaru it's a harem comedy with a main character that has a spine. It's filled with refrences/parodies.
Old 2008-03-26, 16:26   Link #7
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi is a succession of parodies of many popular culture icons, including role-playing games, Hong Kong kung fu movies, noir gangster films, ero-games, sci-fi and dinosaur epics, etc. In amongst the parody is actually quite a nice story about the development of Japan after the war and an enounter with a famous Japanese mystic.
Old 2008-03-26, 16:44   Link #8
Kristen
*Author

If you mean shows that parody other anime, look at Lucky Star and Haruhi episode 00. Those are full of them.

If you mean jokesubs... I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post them here.
Old 2008-03-26, 17:45   Link #9
skyablaze

I don't think there are any shows that make fun of just one show, unless there fan made or something, but Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei has done a parody of pretty much everything, including all the one's you mentioned above, so you can check that out if you haven't already

Last edited by skyablaze; 2008-03-26 at 17:55.
Old 2008-03-26, 17:53   Link #10
TEC

2H-Dragon a question, what does have a spine mean?

srry my english is not perfect....yet:}
Old 2008-03-26, 17:57   Link #11
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEC View Post
2H-Dragon a question, what does have a spine mean?

srry my english is not perfect....yet:}

http://www.backpain-guide.com/Chapte...rall_Spine.jpg
That long thingy cord thingy at your back. What I mean with that. Is that the main character isn't weak.
Old 2008-03-26, 18:17   Link #12
AznTri-Angel

Doesn't hayate no gotoku count as a parody? they did use the code geass theme.
Old 2008-03-26, 18:24   Link #13
james0246

Strongly second Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi.
Old 2008-03-26, 20:13   Link #14
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Hayate no Gotoku parodies at least 20 things per episode, although it's one of those anime where you need to know a lot about both Japanese culture and American culture to be able to get all of the references.

I personally think that Moetan is a parody of itself and all other magical girl anime ever existed. I laughed my ass off at how stupid the anime could be while being so wonderful.
Old 2008-03-26, 20:20   Link #15
TEC

yeah hayate no gotoku counts and i am watching it currently(well not real time)

heh, i know what spine means, but that really helped to get "along" with english better thx

and last but not least thx for all suggestions please continue it really helps!!!
Old 2008-03-27, 15:30   Link #16
TEC

wow i must say that Zetsubou Sensei is really good!
Old 2008-03-28, 12:29   Link #17
Frans

There's a lot of parodies in Yakitate Japan. The anime itself is about making bread, but some of the reaction after eating those bread.. that's where the parody kicks in
Old 2008-03-28, 16:46   Link #18
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frans View Post
There's a lot of parodies in Yakitate Japan. The anime itself is about making bread, but some of the reaction after eating those bread.. that's where the parody kicks in
Yakitate Japan is itself actually a parody of Shounen Sports/Action manga/anime (i.e. the entire series is a parody). You need only watch the battles to realize that the series is, more or less, making fun of the Shounen style of manga/anime. I will second the recomendation, but must also mention that the Manga is far superior to the Anime.
Old 2008-03-28, 17:12   Link #19
Keruri
Like a falling star

Aside from the ones listed, Pani Poni Dash! is filled to the brim with parodies.
Old 2008-03-28, 17:24   Link #20
Crisano

Does Gintama count? I mean, the animated show did parody Pretty Cure and Bleach/One Piece/Dragon Ball. However, I do not watch Gintama, so I could be wrong.
Closed Thread