AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-04, 19:00   Link #601
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanashi View Post
  • Did anyone else think that Tokizane was a little too distraught? I don't think he was faking, but even if you assume that he's liked her for a while, his response didn't seem proportionate.
I agree. On the surface, Tokizane overreacted. My theory is that like Daddy, Cafe-guy, and teacher, he knows what's happened to Saya. But unlike the others who have other interests (possibilities: saving townsfolk, conducting an experiment), he seems to be solely concerned with Saya's well-being.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 19:02   Link #602
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Spoiler for episode 5:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 21:36   Link #603
Wshadow

Here we are, the turning point.

Saya stoped singing, she forgot to drink coffee (then Guimauve-kun went for her), no happy school comedy time...

Also, the music changed a lot, just when we were getting used to it. it's a whole different mood, I was "SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN IN THIS EPISODE"ing since the begining.

To me, it looks like the priest is giving the bow to the monster.

Priest->Daddy
Bow->Sword
Monster->Saya

There you have it... I'm thinking Saya is the human's plan...

Saya fights, the Furukimono think they are in jeopardy, they agree with the "Covennant". (They would kill just the necessary for survival, no more)

Then they force Saya to eliminate everyone.
Wshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 21:57   Link #604
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Spoiler for Episode 5:
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 23:24   Link #605
Tenza-Zangetsu

"i sense plot development"
from what the preview showed, we are in for a massacre next episode
Tenza-Zangetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 00:09   Link #606
Sol Falling

lol, it's pretty amusing watching this show with real-time comments. Made a good episode even better. I've got no complaints, really; show is delivering an entertaining experience every week. Looking forward to the next episode.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 00:50   Link #607
hanashi

Hmm, so I watched it again and Fumito somehow manages to be even creepier, and coupled with his whole "Tell me everything" which I read as "Rely only on me," it's even worse. He's seriously giving off molester uncle vibes.

I think it's cute that Saya is starting to notice Tokizane. Even though she was wrong, because Yuka also calls her by her name without honorifics. It's cute and I'd rather see her blushing over him than her father. I'm still not sure that Tokizane knows about her. Before episode 4, I would have said yes, but after 4 and 5, I can't tell. He doesn't look at her until after she gasps at the story and then it looks like he's thinking that she looks unwell rather than "Saya fights those man-eating beasties." I still can't get over his weirdly disproportionate reaction to her collapsing. She fainted, it's not like she was dying.

So many questions! If CLAMP doesn't explain this properly, I will kayak across the Pacific Ocean and shake the answers out of them.

So it looked like we got a few new/clear pictures in the flashback. I remember the train but I believe this is the first shot we have of something, presumably some beastie, approaching it. So now we know where the bloodstain came from.

I'm really curious about the signpost. It has mountains in the background, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's their current location. I thought it might be something from BtLV, but when I googled Nakasuwa, the only thing that came up was a neighborhood on the opposite coast of the Yokota Air Base. I can't make out the towns at the bottom.

Spoiler for Flashback stills:

Sorry about the images. They're from the LQ release, although some of the blurriness is intentional flashback blur.
Old 2011-08-05, 01:19   Link #608
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

It's pretty much Clamp's pattern from various anime they're involved in; it SEEMS slow and repetitious, but it slowly, but surely, if subtly, shifts mood as it gets darker or at least develops the story; Angelic Layer, Chobits, Cardcaptor Sakura, Magic Knight Rayearth, etc.

And here it's been happening again.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 01:20   Link #609
Ziziphus
Whatever

And the plot thickens, like many of us expected.

Something I noticed from the last two eps: the attacked villagers didn't run too far away from the scene. It's like they asked to be attacked again. In ep 4, one of them was injured so that may be the reason they couldn't run far. But this ep? When they showed the woman for the second time, sitting there, scared to death I thought: "Wait, you're still there? I thought you ran far far away."

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.
Old 2011-08-05, 01:38   Link #610
User165949
Disabled By Request

nice little graphic little touches here and there, e.g.:

- the face of the dog with a lighter colour at the center of the frame makes the brief scene more hypnotic - helped by the sfx

- the teacher has a curious pendant ;-)
User165949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 02:48   Link #611
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Thoughts after the first watch:
  • Wow, Guimauvre-kun. You're really trying to break your own records for creepiness, aren't you?
  • 'nushi' again. It's interesting that the studio wanted 'covenant' used as the translation. The dictionary says that one its meanings is 'guardian spirit.'
You're confused here. Covenant is a translation of "yakujou" (約定), which means "fixed agreement/contract" (i.e. covenant).
Nushi 主 is just an old fashioned way of saying "you" in this context.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 03:09   Link #612
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxyz View Post
- the teacher has a curious pendant ;-)
Noticed it too, but wouldn't say it's curious. Looks like your common magatama : a Shinto talisman of good fortune.
Old 2011-08-05, 04:39   Link #613
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Oh God, that episode preview was cruel. The show is finally going somewhere. Can't wait for the next epi.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 07:10   Link #614
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziziphus View Post
And the plot thickens, like many of us expected.

Something I noticed from the last two eps: the attacked villagers didn't run too far away from the scene. It's like they asked to be attacked again. In ep 4, one of them was injured so that may be the reason they couldn't run far. But this ep? When they showed the woman for the second time, sitting there, scared to death I thought: "Wait, you're still there? I thought you ran far far away."

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.
I was pretty curious on that myself It was pretty clear that they were running out of fear from Saya. Yet they still stuck around it seems near the ending of the fight just to run yet again when Saya tries to approahc them.
Old 2011-08-05, 08:56   Link #615
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Oh god, I thought Nene was going to get beheaded right there and then the second that thing showed up :s

Anyone else think that the dog looks like Tokizane-kun? It's the eyes...

I'm hooked now.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 09:24   Link #616
katsumi
ghostly member

It's moving, it's moving! The little tidbits of storytelling seem to be put together from now on, I really liked this episode.

The preview dialogue left me wondering, if the twins are even human or just one of those elder bairn thingies masquerading as humans...would explain their creepiness factor although they're not as creepy as Guimauve-kun....

Quote:
So many questions! If CLAMP doesn't explain this properly, I will kayak across the Pacific Ocean and shake the answers out of them.
I'll join you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Anyone else think that the dog looks like Tokizane-kun? It's the eyes...
yeah, I thought so while watching the first episodes, too. Not this time though.
Old 2011-08-05, 09:30   Link #617
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The way Saya finished off the monster of the week made me cringe. Ewww.

The story is finally getting somewhere. For the time since the series started, I can't wait to see the next episode.
Old 2011-08-05, 10:28   Link #618
EroKing

One of the twins trigerred a huge death flag, won't be surprised if she dies next episode. From the flashback that Saya had she is pretty much confirmed to be the Saya from Blood the Last Vampire.
Old 2011-08-05, 11:10   Link #619
Xagzan

Yay, real forward plot movement at last! I was glad that this episode started out with one of its increasingly eerie segments, and even the school time was pretty creepy. To me, that kind of atmosphere is one of the most important things when telling a vampire/monster story.

Unless of course you're just going for pure action like Underworld with no real instillment of unease or dread. But Blood-C has thankfully been giving off that atmosphere the past couple of episodes, and with that wham moment at the end of the episode, looks like things are picking up.

Of course Sato's music continues to be love. I adored the soft, tiptoe creeping piano version of the main theme right at the start. I had faith that man wouldn't let me down when it came to the score, and he has Not.

Oh, and for Tokizane, I do think he must know something more about Saya or the bairns than everyone thinks. If you notice, he wasn't just looking at her once she collapsed, but also when the teacher was telling the story, and Saya was staring intently. We do actually see him turn his head in her direction and frown, like he was watching how she reacted to a story he may know is true, and may know she knows is true..

It's curious. I don't know, I think if anyone's gonna be this series' Haji, it'll be him.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 12:16   Link #620
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
One of the twins trigerred a huge death flag, won't be surprised if she dies next episode. From the flashback that Saya had she is pretty much confirmed to be the Saya from Blood the Last Vampire.
I rarely say this even about fictional characters, but I hope so. Those twins are fingernails on a blackboard for me.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blood, clamp, miko, production i.g.