AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-02, 11:26   Link #101
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I completely agree with you Sheik, but it seems like Teresa where she was at the top of the pedestal and then got a very arbitrary death. I wouldn't mind if Priscilla remained alive, since I am still glad for her killing "T" waayyyy back when.

For that Pricilla deserves a good end in a manga with no good ends.
Ack! I wish I hadn't already given you rep just a few minutes ago, I agree with every word you said

Quote:
[B]2-Riful has been confirmed as dead.
Unless Riful is brought back to life with the Rods....

I hope not though, good god, I hope not. This is becoming too rinse-and-repeat, and Priscilla ironically enough, summed up my thoughts: It's becoming one distraction after another to delay, what should have been, an un-interrupted Claire and Priscilla showdown.

Quote:
3-Priscilla's fanservice.
, that automatically makes it a good chapter

This chapter is what 100 was for me - Love the action, but don't question some things too hard, because you'll just confuse yourself .

As always, I give Yagi the benefit of the doubt, and we just don't know enough about certain things to pound him for them.
Old 2010-04-02, 11:27   Link #102
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Can anyone explain how Dietrich got her hands on AFs????
Old 2010-04-02, 11:29   Link #103
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
I hope Helen and Deneve stop gawking at the fight between Priscilla and Dauf and take Clare away cause it's going to be a short-lived battle...
Right? Get the hell out of there! Same with Uma, Dietrich & Cynthia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
Can anyone enplane how Dietrich got her hands on AFs????
I think she got them from the organization after she reported back? Or maybe she picked them up on the way in.

Where did that clothing come from though? Whose is it?
Old 2010-04-02, 11:30   Link #104
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post

Where did that clothing come from though? Whose is it?
Probrably Riful's.
Old 2010-04-02, 11:32   Link #105
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
Can anyone enplane how Dietrich got her hands on AFs????
Apparently, their were STILL some AE's still alive, she got a piece of Riful's dress, they didn't kill her, and she lead them to the HellCats.

It's POSSIBLBE that the clothing is actually what's left of Dauf's pants, and he has some of Riful's scent on it obviously, which is why it's so weak...nevertheless, it doesn't explain why the cats didn't attack her. How can a scent be so weak that they follow it, but they don't attack? Seems al little weird.

(Dauf's pants...Riful's scent....eww )

I wonder how Dietrich located that scrap anyway. Were the Hellcats sniffling at it and that's how she recognized it? How did she get it then?

Riful was naked when Dauf transformed, so what was left of her (color confirmed ) dress, must be left behind. I guess that's where she got it, assuming it's Riful's
Old 2010-04-02, 11:34   Link #106
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Appare (color confirmed ) dress, .
That killed one of our best debates. Which color is Riful's dress?

Even so, I'm sure people will still argue about it.
Old 2010-04-02, 11:36   Link #107
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
That killed one of our best debates. Which color is Riful's dress?

Even so, I'm sure people will still argue about it.
Yeah :/ I was kind of hoping it would be Pink, Purple...Gene made it Red which looked nice...

Oh well, White was the most likely color at the end of the day.
Old 2010-04-02, 11:38   Link #108
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Yeah :/ I was kind of hoping it would be Pink, Purple...Gene made it Red which looked nice...

Oh well, White was the most likely color at the end of the day.
I could've swear it was brown.
Old 2010-04-02, 11:42   Link #109
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Double checks... it's white.
Old 2010-04-02, 11:42   Link #110
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Double checks... it's white.
You didn't get the joke.
Old 2010-04-02, 11:46   Link #111
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
You didn't get the joke.
I'm surprised, Ryus is better at this stuff then I am, and even I got it

Nasty....
Old 2010-04-02, 11:46   Link #112
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
You didn't get the joke.
Last time I checked gravity would prevent the joke from traveling up to the dress.
Old 2010-04-02, 11:55   Link #113
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
It was in the anime. I guess that's another thing that the anime is wrong about.
Old 2010-04-02, 12:07   Link #114
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It was in the anime. I guess that's another thing that the anime is wrong about.
No it wasn't. It's been ages admittingly, but It was purple in the anime, I distinctly remember that.

So Priscilla, for one reason or another, didn't fully kill Dauf and he let himself transform rather then fate simply transforming him. Like she said though, he lost himself, because he chucks Riful's corpse when Priscilla spears his hand. He's like a raging Hulk, except their respective loved ones(Riful/Betty) can no longer hold them back.

Thinking it over, I agree more and more with Ryus that she was never in any real danger - she transformed merely because she wanted to power up, and not out of any fear. Her arms were, after all, capable of piercing and disintigrating him. The only reason the attack on page 24 didn't seem to work is because of confusion on our part - Priscilla stabbed his left hand, the one holding Riful, and Dauf hit her with his right hand. He then promptly chucks Riful's corpse away. It's possible that Priscilla's surprise in Page 24 is because she actually attacked Riful's corpse, instead of Dauf's hand, which is why Dauf got away with punching her again.

The attack on Page 27 is the same - I don't see a sense of worry or fear in the attack in the left half-panel, as much as annoyance and irritation.

The only real sign that she was possibly getting hurt, is the blood on her face on page 26...her sheer lack of worry or care though, makes me think that's it's maybe Riful or even Dauf's blood on her, considering both of them are basically falling apart, and she's getting hit over and over.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2010-04-02 at 14:11.
Old 2010-04-02, 12:09   Link #115
OliverTwist

This used to be my favorite manga, but it's just boring atm. Every chapter is just more of the invincible Priscilla owning everyone and now she's owning people she already owned before!

With the monthly release the story doesn't seem like it ever moves forward anymore either.
Seems to me like Yagi either can't figure out where to go from here, or I just don't like where it's going.
Old 2010-04-02, 12:14   Link #116
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverTwist View Post
This used to be my favorite manga, but it's just boring atm. Every chapter is just more of the invincible Priscilla owning everyone and now she's owning people she already owned before!

With the monthly release the story doesn't seem like it ever moves forward anymore either.
Seems to me like Yagi either can't figure out where to go from here, or I just don't like where it's going.
Roflmao, I do understand your feelings - since 100, the story has been very "rinse-and-repeat".

Who knows, maybe Yagi IS trying to work out where to go next, but considering he has a whole month for that, I doubt it.

Since Miria or anyone else from Rabona isn't here though...I guess what was said last chapter about the main squad being here was just a teaser, which makes sense because of how over-the-top the sentence was written .
Old 2010-04-02, 12:19   Link #117
Battler-kun

Priscilla is awaken now!

Awesome, just too awesome!
Old 2010-04-02, 12:29   Link #118
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
No it wasn't. It's been ages admittingly, but It was purple in the anime, I distinctly remember that.
Purple!? I remember it being brown. My mind must have rationalized the absurd idea of making her dress purple.
Old 2010-04-02, 12:35   Link #119
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
@Ryus
But we're talking about Beth here. Beth. Who is supposed to be as strong as an abyssal and was doped by the rods also. And Duff was a henpecked husband because Riful could whip his as* any time, so Beth should also be many times stronger than him.
The only explaination i have is that dauff is an awakened and has three rods instead of one and is very mad at priscilla.
Not really something i would call enlightening.
Old 2010-04-02, 12:44   Link #120
Cyclone
Transient Guest

I want an electronic version of the raw for one reason: to be able to READ the original text (usually to compare it to the various translations). If the raw fails in that regard, it's useless to me.
Put the watermark over the pictures if you must, but not the text.

Furthermore, this whole "I scanned it, so I want to decide how you use it" thing is stupid. They are ignoring what both Yagi and Jump SQ think about re-distributing their work, but want to assert re-distribution rights on the scan that they work SOOOOO hard on. Come on - if you want to assert some rights over something, at least have the decency to put in some real work into it.

Last edited by Cyclone; 2010-04-02 at 13:01.
Closed Thread