AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2011-03-22, 08:26   Link #521
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotse View Post
Hi there! Does anybody know if there is a 3th sesson of shakugan no shana?
A third season has been announced, but not dated. Current theories are rampant for when it is likely to air.
Old 2011-03-22, 15:39   Link #522
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
A third season has been announced, but not dated. Current theories are rampant for when it is likely to air.
Especially in the Novel thread a majority think it's going to start in Fall.
Old 2011-03-23, 06:28   Link #523
AP24

Actually I've heard that it's already been confirmed in an anime magazine that it will air this October.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 08:43   Link #524
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Actually I've heard that it's already been confirmed in an anime magazine that it will air this October.
Do you have a source for that?
Old 2011-03-24, 03:21   Link #525
AP24

Quote:
Do you have a source for that?
No, someone from another forum said that he read from an anime magazine that the new season will air Fall 2011.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 13:24   Link #526
urosai

Question Light Novels, where to get a hold of them and are they worth reading?

Greetings! I just finished season 2 of the anime (took me 2 days to watch the whole series, best stuff i've found in a long time OwO) and basicly i was wondering where i can find the light novels? I hear there is around 24 released atm, all transleted aswell? I really dont mind buying them all, but if it is somewhere i can read them online that would be awesome ^^

I would like to read them to hopefully get more out of the story (i hope it contain some extra info?) so if anyone have read them please give me a little reply!! ty
urosai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 13:46   Link #527
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by urosai View Post
Greetings! I just finished season 2 of the anime (took me 2 days to watch the whole series, best stuff i've found in a long time OwO) and basicly i was wondering where i can find the light novels? I hear there is around 24 released atm, all transleted aswell? I really dont mind buying them all, but if it is somewhere i can read them online that would be awesome ^^

I would like to read them to hopefully get more out of the story (i hope it contain some extra info?) so if anyone have read them please give me a little reply!! ty
Two are officially released english (I have them ), but I haven't been able to find any others, and do not think any others are available, even if licensed.

Tangentially, the manga is also licensed, and seems to still have releases occasionally (the most recent late last year).
Old 2011-03-24, 14:14   Link #528
urosai

Think they are worth reading? :D

Title says it all Do they contain some more background stuff or something fimiliar?
wanna have something to do with the serie untill s3 is up and running for full
urosai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 15:29   Link #529
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Two are officially released english (I have them ), but I haven't been able to find any others, and do not think any others are available, even if licensed.

Tangentially, the manga is also licensed, and seems to still have releases occasionally (the most recent late last year).
Quote:
Originally Posted by urosai View Post
Title says it all Do they contain some more background stuff or something fimiliar?
wanna have something to do with the serie untill s3 is up and running for full
Under Viz, they released 2 poorly translated versions of Novels 1&2. While Baka-Tsuki seems to be coming up with a way to translate the novels once again ever since they had to stop the project due to the license of Viz. So it all depends if Baka-Tsuki can keep this translation notice going and release from novels 5-24 (since they cant translate the earlier novels)

The manga deviates a little from what you see in the anime or read from the light novels. But it's still pretty decent to check up on if you are a major Shana fan.
Old 2011-03-24, 16:37   Link #530
pancakes
*Author

Basically, if you can't understand japanese, you're stuck with the anime.

I have all the geneon dvds for season 1, all the translated mangas up to 6, and the two viz media novels in english. Aside from that, I have the whole subbed second season on my computer, all the subbed ovas on my computer, and all the shana tan specials on my computer. (More than a half of my collection is only available in Japan....sadly)
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 01:06   Link #531
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

V7 is up on B-T if you want it.
V3 is still around the web, even if you can't find the original english one, you surelly can find the spanish one. There is also a major part of V4 on english, except the last chapter which is 25 percent missing and the epilogue.
V5 got only the prologue and some interludes and V6 and V7 are just some sentences...
There is also a chapter of the bridge scene from V16 on the web.

That's all you can get from the novels, if you want to read it completely you better start studying japanese, because we got a long way to go before getting it on the easy way.
Old 2011-03-28, 01:41   Link #532
alvinkhorfire

The following blog contains the partial summary of several summary, originating from B-T. The link was posted before by someone else.

Spoiler for Summary:
Old 2011-04-23, 07:24   Link #533
Nietono no Shana
Godsword

A question to the readers of Vol. 10 :

Why does Mathilde wear a wreath of flowers (are those roses?) on her head and what's the use of it?

Spoiler for ES Chap 21:
Nietono no Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 08:12   Link #534
Elf song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietono no Shana View Post
A question to the readers of Vol. 10 :

Why does Mathilde wear a wreath of flowers (are those roses?) on her head and what's the use of it?

Spoiler for ES Chap 21:
Spoiler for It's a tool for:
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 19:49   Link #535
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

so i just finished the first season and was planning on going on to the second season, but i heard there was a movie as well so what's the right order i should follow in watching them?
Old 2011-08-18, 20:11   Link #536
Elf song

The movie is a retold of 1st-6th episode of the first season but is more truthful to the original LN.
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 04:10   Link #537
alvinkhorfire

I have a question about Sorath, as shown in Anime Season 1 Episode 10 to 13.

Sorath is seen wearing a armored clothing, which was not shown in the anime. Of course, this clothing was shown in novel. Could anyone please elaborate about Sorath's armored clothing and possibly why he did not wear it in anime?

Thank you.
Old 2011-08-20, 09:53   Link #538
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Animation difficulties, I imagine.
Old 2011-09-30, 21:11   Link #539
syke123

I need a few questions answered, because it's going to keep me up late at night.

What channels will be broadcasting this, or is it japan only?

Will it still be 24 episodes, or considering the circumstances that it's the season finale, maybe we'll see more?

Will the series be an episode a week? And how long until we see these on the web subbed?

Thanks in advance, really need answers to those.
syke123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 17:47   Link #540
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
I don't understand your first question. Aren't all anime Japan only?

For the second question : No one knows, but I assume 24 episodes.

And lastly : No one knows (again). Additionally, though I'm not sure if Shana is licensed, asking such things usually is not allowed. Find them and the information on your own.