Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-31, 10:27   Link #41
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Found this interview translation from gabrielarobin.com
Quote:
Kanno and AKINO have a new interview regarding the music of Aquarion from Natalie.mu. Head on down if you can read Japanese. It’s very interesting so I might translate it, but it’s very long! It’s good stuff though so I’ll do my best

Here’s some interesting items from the interview:

1) Kanno was supposed to use AIKI for Aquarion. He was 13 at that time and would have been a good boy soprano, but at that time his voice was already starting to mature so bless4 was called in for an audition. That was where she decided to use AKINO instead because of her high voice. Not as a replacement, but to sing on a “different level”.

2) They talked about her odd Japanese accent since she was brought up in America, and spoke bilingually. After the first recording with her funny accent, her brother (AKASHI, also the leader of bless4) told Kanno that they’ll fix her Japanese before the next recording, to which Kanno told him not to correct it, to their surprise. She wanted the listeners to think of what the singer’s nationality is, and to show that it’s hard to sing in Japanese.

3) In one portion of the interview, the interviewer recalls the *awesome* Japanese catch phrases in the songs, like “ichi man nen to nisen nen mae kara aishiteru…” and also from the other songs, and comments on how even the Japanese people wonder what they mean. Kanno succinctly replies, “That’s a lot of kanji (haha)”. Ms. Kanno please don’t ever change.

4) When asked why the genre of the music sang by AKINO is mostly band-like [maybe in contrast to the rest of the music pieces], Kanno explained that Director Kawamori asked for something catchy, easy to deliver, easy to understand, and has some strange phrases in it. She thought she’d dress the songs down for the audience in order to do this. AKINO had a bit of a difficulty with rock though, since she came from a more gospel / dance background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Toori View Post
same here and hopefully there will be a special collab with Aniki or even Lisa...

what a beautiful weekend~~~
Oh, so you're from Indonesia too? ^^

Yeah, I hope they will do a collaboration with Aniki. Bless4 did sing Mazinger Z theme song on Animax Music Spring 2010 (and Dragon Ball's Cha-la Head Cha-la on other event), by the way
Old 2012-08-01, 08:15   Link #42
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Oh, so you're from Indonesia too? ^^

Yeah, I hope they will do a collaboration with Aniki. Bless4 did sing Mazinger Z theme song on Animax Music Spring 2010 (and Dragon Ball's Cha-la Head Cha-la on other event), by the way
yup that's why I'm very happy hearing that info about bless4.

btw how's Bless4 could sing Cha-la Head Cha-la at that event? Because Hironobu Kageyama is also in the event? I'm soooo into them singing that song.
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 00:55   Link #43
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
^Wasn't Genesis of Aquarion is already in English?
nope it is in japanese http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efTj0-N_J6U

the one i was looking for is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7qTg36iGbA
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 01:03   Link #44
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Toori View Post
btw how's Bless4 could sing Cha-la Head Cha-la at that event? Because Hironobu Kageyama is also in the event? I'm soooo into them singing that song.
It was great, all of the members each have part so it's not only AKINO whose sings. And nope, Hironobu Kageyama wasn't there. The video is on YT.

I think it's because Cha-la Head-Cha-la is bless4's favorite anisong. On new year event I saw on YT, there's a mini interview with them and AKINO says the song was their favorite since Dragon Ball Z was aired on America too back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
Well, the original song (with Japanese lyric, used for the first OP) is titled "Sousei no Aquarion", while the one with English lyric is titled "Genesis of Aquarion". But yeah, since "Sousei" is translated as "Genesis", I can understand why some can get it wrong ^^
Old 2012-08-03, 12:40   Link #45
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Everyone loves ZETSUBOTEKI NI KIMI WA KIREI SA!

Anyone knows where find lyrics for Zero?
Zero is really good too. Paradoxical Zoo grew on me, now it's favorite song from the series.