AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-20, 09:37   Link #3881
protheus
short series addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
So it was planned
I said that for a long time now.

Although at some point I had doubts about if he will give up to editors pressures (during the Kuroneko dating period), seems he took his stand pretty well.
Old 2013-06-20, 09:38   Link #3882
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by protheus View Post

Although at some point I had doubts about if he will give up to editors pressures (during the Kuroneko dating period), seems he took his stand pretty well.
The Kuroneko dating period was definitely part of the plan IMO without it Kirino would still be in denial.
Old 2013-06-20, 10:18   Link #3883
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
The Kuroneko dating period was definitely part of the plan IMO without it Kirino would still be in denial.
That's true. Kuroneko knew from the start. That kirino loved her brother (not just a normal sibling relationship). Looking back at the anime. Kuroneko said it a couple of times. ' I love you just as much your sister loves you'.

So, I think that part of Kuroneko going out with Kyousuke and breaking up with him. Was all a part of the plan to push Kirino to show her true feelings. After that it was up to Kyousuke who he wanted to choose.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by protheus View Post

I didn't have a doubt about that also. But it is always good if the author himself confirms it so that you can be 100% sure about his intentions.

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2013-06-20 at 10:36.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 10:24   Link #3884
JustALeecher

Don't know if there's a summary for the time-skip out, or if it's too soon.. but I'm still excited nonetheless. After all from reading earlier posts of what it's about, there can be hints to character relations. And if Kirino is shown, maybe there'll be a description of what she's wearing.
Such as clothing or, accessories perhaps.. like a certain ring given to her by a certain guy maybe..?

I don't know that's just all I'm hoping for! I'll rejoice over the slightest hint, whether it's enough to confirm anything or not. =P
JustALeecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 11:00   Link #3885
Anime299

Agree. The graphics people wouldn't even have to call attention to the detail. And it would never have to be voiced in conversation or referred to. If that ring is there, we have a form of confirmation about how things are going.
Anime299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 11:16   Link #3886
Kakurin
大佐

Small excerpt from Part 3 Chapter 1

Spoiler for Part 3 Chapter 1:
Old 2013-06-20, 12:21   Link #3887
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
- His thoughts when writing the ending were influenced by Kirino "if" ending in the OreImo Portable game where Kirino's feelings were able to be completely rewarded (thanks to the "if" twist). Obviously in the real work he couldn't make use of that twist, and so couldn't write the ending in a clear/obvious way, but when he considered the extent of Kirino's feelings for Kyousuke, he decided that he had to "do something about it".
I'm curious why he couldn't do the what if scenario here if it was always his intent? I mean unless I'm misunderstanding the twist here

Spoiler for PSP game spoilers:

Not understanding the reasoning there unless he felt that would be too much of a literary cop out or something.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 12:34   Link #3888
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
I'm curious why he couldn't do the what if scenario here if it was always his intent? I mean unless I'm misunderstanding the twist here

Not understanding the reasoning there unless he felt that would be too much of a literary cop out or something.
I guess the latter one. And I personally agree. I would have hated that "non-blood-related" stuff. Besides, it would have been boring if he would have just recycled that PSP stuff.
Old 2013-06-20, 12:35   Link #3889
Ricadan
Formerly Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post

It absolutely is a cop out. He even says it himself in the novel.
Quote:
- "But because of the siblings-fact, it is very difficult if they want to marry. So that's why there are those kind of developments, where they find out after confession and marriage, that they [in fact are not blood-related at all]."
- The biggest problem disappeared. Congratulations, congratulations.
- "This kind of development seldomly happens in eroge. Because the player will get angry."
- "Angry?"
- "Very angry. Also, some idiots will turn violent."
- Otakus are really scary.
- "Two years ago I saw a TV-anime that had exactly the storyline you just described. Mah, although the main story wasn't about some [siblings' love], so it was okay. But lately the industry has been rejecting those [stepsister ending] tendencies. If they are not blood-related, it should be made clear from the beginning that they are not blood related."
Hell, he even says it again in the PSP as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...y5BN6gs#t=311s
Ricadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 13:55   Link #3890
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

That quote from the novel is so self referential it scares me.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 17:22   Link #3891
zoolanderbr

hey when the extra volume BD final of light novel will be release ?

in this month ?
zoolanderbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 17:46   Link #3892
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoolanderbr View Post
hey when the extra volume BD final of light novel will be release ?

in this month ?
It has already been released, and the contents are as was explained by the official Kiririn Twitter account not too long ago.

Quote:
Apparently it's about chuunibyou Tamaki visits Kirino to watch a Meruru Remake 10 years after the end of the story (remember that Tamaki is a Meruru fan in present-day). Future Tamaki apparently looks just like Kuroneko does present-day. Kirino is apparently so beautiful for her age that chuuni-Tamaki considers her a modern-day witch. () Hinata also goes to see Kirino to ask for "life counselling" about her little sister. None of the other characters appear.

(But, if Kirino is hanging out with Ruri's sisters, then it certainly suggests that the two families are still friends.)
Old 2013-06-20, 17:53   Link #3893
zoolanderbr

Quote:
It has already been released, and the contents are as was explained by the official Kiririn Twitter account not too long ago.
only this? nothing about the relationship of Kyousuke and kirino?o.O
Old 2013-06-20, 17:55   Link #3894
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoolanderbr View Post
only this? nothing about the relationship of Kyousuke and kirino?o.O
No, because it's a book that ships with the first volume of the anime, so anime-only viewers won't know how the story ends. This is a short story that even anime-only viewers can read without being spoiled.

(There are no known plans at this time to release any other short stories.)
Old 2013-06-20, 17:59   Link #3895
zoolanderbr

Quote:
No, because it's a book that ships with the first volume of the anime, so anime-only viewers won't know how the story ends. This is a short story that even anime-only viewers can read without being spoiled.

Ohh yeah u right . Thank u . [mod edit: removed comment about something we can't discuss...]

I hope that in the future more short stories will be release.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-20 at 18:21.
Old 2013-06-20, 18:07   Link #3896
seangel92

Quote:

Where did Tamaki go to visit Kirino? The house of Kirino's parents?

Are there scanlations?
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 13:45   Link #3897
jandkas

Well it is official the global simulcast is at August 18th, episodes 14 through 16. The streaming schedule is on the official website and once again crunchyroll is monopolizing the episodes for english speakers.
jandkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 16:25   Link #3898
Kakurin
大佐

Part 3 Chapter 1

Old 2013-06-21, 17:26   Link #3899
DevG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Part 3 Chapter 1

That was really nice
DevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 10:31   Link #3900
Wilshere

Well,today's episode has put Volume 10 to an end,overall it was a joy to watch. The stalker incident is to some extent non-existent but everything went smoothly. One important thing is Ayase gets rejected here oh and the kiss is on the cheek. Title for next episode seems interesting and I think rumors are true for the last episode been directed by the author just like episode 2 and if they are true it will focus on Kirino's love for Kyousuke or something like that.

Edit: Tsukasa Fushimi will direct the last episode and the title is ''「妹が兄に恋なんてするわけない」'' I can't do a proper translation but I kinda get the idea.
Interesting enough and I'm eager for next week's episode.

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings