AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shin Sekai Yori

Notices

View Poll Results: Shin Sekai Yori - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 11 23.40%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 34.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 21.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-08, 09:07   Link #21
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Good Episode... Maria flirting again in the start and at the end... Is that required?! Come on, that destroyed my mood there!
Old 2012-12-08, 09:12   Link #22
deadsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Good Episode... Maria flirting again in the start and at the end... Is that required?! Come on, that destroyed my mood there!
Maria is a sexual sexy beast.
I loved the episode, I found it rather worked on the technical side(more fluid) and in the narrative. Knowing a bit like the characters thought Maria, Mamoru and Satoru, they saw more concerned and humans, but their memories were a mess. Maria was adorable with Saki.
The triple hug scene left to the imagination, but I guess that they had fun.

Last edited by deadsea; 2012-12-08 at 09:32.
Old 2012-12-08, 09:12   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Another episode that was over before I knew it. The atmosphere is very gripping.

This episode explained why the group didn't care when Reiko disappeared: she was erased from their memory. They do that each time a kid is removed from the village. They took it one step further with Shun by replacing him with somebody else, which is even more cruel. I wonder why they didn't outright erase Shun, maybe they couldn't because Saki and Satoru's feelings for him were too strong?

Anyone else find it suspicious that Mamoru wasn't summoned along with the others by the ethics committee? My first thought was that he ratted them out, but if the committee is indeed watching the whole group closely, then I guess it makes sense they wouldn't summon the one kid who is too scared to even think about disobeying the rules.

The yuri kiss didn't bother me one bit. It's perfectly natural in the context of the anime. We should have understood it and be used to it by now.
Old 2012-12-08, 09:17   Link #24
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsea View Post
Maria is a sexual sexy beast.
Seriously.... She's a "I don't want to use that word here" kind of girl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The yuri kiss didn't bother me one bit. It's perfectly natural in the context of the anime. We should have understood it and be used to it by now.
Na-tu-ral? I'll reconsider if it's in this anime or any other yuri animes.. but not in general... I'll like it better if Satoru got his chance with the two.,,,
Old 2012-12-08, 09:22   Link #25
deadsea

Quote:
Seriously....

Na-tu-ral? I'll reconsider if it's in this anime or any other yuri animes.. but not in general... I'll like it better if Satoru got his chance with the two.,,,
I was kidding, but in the manga she is kinda bonobo u know. The kiss was very natural, lovely and very well placed
Old 2012-12-08, 09:24   Link #26
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsea View Post
I was kidding, but in the manga she is kinda bonobo u know. The kiss was very natural, lovely and very well placed
I read that part... It doesn't make any sense ( doing that while at risk of being seem but rats..that why they called Shin Sekai Yuri instead...
Old 2012-12-08, 09:26   Link #27
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Na-tu-ral? I'll reconsider if it's in this anime or any other yuri animes.. but not in general...
That's why Kanon said "It's perfectly natural in the context of the anime."

C'mon Genji, don't beat a dead horse.
Old 2012-12-08, 09:27   Link #28
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That's why Kanon said "It's perfectly natural in the context of the anime."

C'mon Genji, don't beat a dead horse.
Well, it destroyed the mood IMHO....

Anyway.. To be fair I'm beginning to understand the "context".

Kiss me to cheer me up, kiss me if I'm lonely....

That said I consider that now since I read the future...*runs

Note: I'm not a Yuri haterm in general... actually I played Sono Hanabira games in 5 minutes per game... Just skipped the dialogs...

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-12-08 at 09:39.
Old 2012-12-08, 11:28   Link #29
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Oh yeah! There is the sixth member of the group as well, what's her name again? Oh no! I have been brain washed by the school
Old 2012-12-08, 12:35   Link #30
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Lol. Satoru tries to join in the hug but the two girls just start kissing as he hugs them. Talk about awkward...
Old 2012-12-08, 12:43   Link #31
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Lol. Satoru tries to join in the hug but the two girls just start kissing as he hugs them. Talk about awkward...
Hey, we're of different species and culture. What awkward for us might not be awkward for them . Also, who knows, Satoru might got some action off-screen after that scene .
Old 2012-12-08, 12:56   Link #32
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
..that why they called Shin Sekai Yuri instead...
Isn't it Shin Zettai Yuri?

Quote:
Hey, we're of different species and culture. What awkward for us might not be awkward for them . Also, who knows, Satoru might got some action off-screen after that scene .
I can think of plenty of things Satoru could have done in that position beyond the hug, but I do wonder if Maria would be ok with a Treesome or would be more like "back off, wait in line until I finish my meal".
Old 2012-12-08, 13:03   Link #33
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
, but I do wonder if Maria would be ok with a Treesome or would be more like "back off, wait in line until I finish my meal".
Well, she certainly won't make-out with a tree .
Old 2012-12-08, 13:23   Link #34
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Well, she certainly won't make-out with a tree .
So you acknowledge Maria is 100% lesbian and would not have anything to do with wood? :-p
Old 2012-12-08, 13:36   Link #35
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
So you acknowledge Maria is 100% lesbian and would not have anything to do with wood? :-p
Oh, I think she'll enjoy Satoru's (or Mamoru's) wood just fine when she's in the mood. Just not wood from a tree.
Old 2012-12-08, 13:52   Link #36
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Oh, I think she'll enjoy Satoru's (or Mamoru's) wood just fine when she's in the mood. Just not wood from a tree.
I know you're joking but let's end this here. Satoru didn't take part of the fun (suck to be him).

With that out the way, let's move on to the actual episode, please.
Old 2012-12-08, 13:57   Link #37
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
With that out the way, let's move on to the actual episode, please.
Am I the only one that thinks that since the guys became gay the have become timid flowers and the opposite has happened with the girls, at least at first Maria had a very passive personality but now she is quite bold.

I mean, even Shun was self-defeated since he knew he was losing control of his psyche, not even for a moment we saw him thinking "I am not going to lose myself" or "I will go down fighting" like many people IRL with terminal diseases.
Old 2012-12-08, 14:00   Link #38
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Yuri is hardly ever "superfluous," and certainly not here. Wonderful new world, in which the modalities of sexual and romantic feeling are so fascinating.

I think the hug was fun for all concerned, even if only two got a kiss out of it.

For me, this episode reached closer to the quality/enjoyment of the first four than any since then.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2012-12-08, 14:36   Link #39
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'll read the comments about the episode in a moment, but this scene was remarkably illustrated:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Reflections in pools are hard enough, but this one is stunning. Look at all the tiny details in the ice.
Old 2012-12-08, 14:54   Link #40
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

OK, must we have another replay of the usual crap about this show every time there is a scene like the kiss? If you're not used to it by now, and do not see it in context, then I don't know what show you have been watching. I doubt that was the first time Satoru had watched Saki and Maria kiss, nor do I expect it will be the last.

Is Maria "paired" with Mamoru? I understand why he wants that, but we have never been led to believe his feelings are reciprocated.

I was confused about the mirror on the gravestone, thinking perhaps it was Satoru who was buried there! Can anyone tell us what the characters meant? The version I watched doesn't translate texts.

So now we are left wondering how their memories were rearranged. By psychokinesis at the molecular level in their brains? Or do the adults in charge possess another psychic power that has yet to be revealed except through its symptoms? There certainly have been hints throughout the show that this kind of mind control exists, but this is first episode where it is presented so explicitly.
Closed Thread