AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2014-09-20, 10:05   Link #5421
roxybudgy
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to roxybudgy Send a message via MSN to roxybudgy Send a message via Yahoo to roxybudgy
Quote:
Originally Posted by snivell View Post
Wow, NavitoWorld's website looks so much like AmiAmi's website. Are they related somehow?
roxybudgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 12:53   Link #5422
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Fan of Miku and fan of the song...

Tell Your World

Spoiler:

A must have for me....
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-09-24, 12:37   Link #5423
Revan21

I'll just wait for the bargain sale, all Miku figures hit it eventually.
Old 2015-01-06, 03:20   Link #5424
Zeydra
A random passerby

Collected these two from the post office yesterday, kotobukiya's new Sinon and Rikka figures.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Not pictured is furyu's ggo kirito figure because the camera makes it look really bad in its box, and riobot's jehuty.

Speaking of boxes, that brings me to one of the main things I wish to inquire about. For anyone who has had to move homes with figures, how easy is it to put pvc figures back in their original packaging if you hang on to it all? I really want to set up some of my figures, but the fear of having them damaged in a looming move has left me too afraid to do so.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 09:18   Link #5425
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
Speaking of boxes, that brings me to one of the main things I wish to inquire about. For anyone who has had to move homes with figures, how easy is it to put pvc figures back in their original packaging if you hang on to it all? I really want to set up some of my figures, but the fear of having them damaged in a looming move has left me too afraid to do so.
My experience has been that there are 2 difficulties with putting figures back in their boxes. One is pulling the figures apart to store the components. The components are either super hard to pull apart once put together or super easy to fall apart. The super hard ones I'd rather not touch. The second difficulty is getting everything (once separated) back in their proper slots in the plastic packaging shells. I keep my boxes but I prefer not to store the figures again in them once they're out.

I'd rather go the wrap the figure in as complete a state as possible and then store groups of them together in a larger box. Of course, if I was moving a long distance I might reconsider and go back to the original box.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 00:43   Link #5426
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Woot, Racing Miku 2013 figma with motorcycle is FINALLY out. Just got both, can't wait till it gets here.
http://www.goodsmile.info/ja/product...MIRAI+ver.html
Old 2015-01-07, 21:27   Link #5427
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

....and there is life in this thread again

I preordered Wave Saber 4 figure set
a few days ago, it has been the first figure purchase in over 18 months when it arrives
which made me justify the higher price for the entire set
Old 2015-01-10, 03:27   Link #5428
Zeydra
A random passerby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
My experience has been that there are 2 difficulties with putting figures back in their boxes. One is pulling the figures apart to store the components. The components are either super hard to pull apart once put together or super easy to fall apart. The super hard ones I'd rather not touch. The second difficulty is getting everything (once separated) back in their proper slots in the plastic packaging shells. I keep my boxes but I prefer not to store the figures again in them once they're out.

I'd rather go the wrap the figure in as complete a state as possible and then store groups of them together in a larger box. Of course, if I was moving a long distance I might reconsider and go back to the original box.
Thank you for the advice, that was exactly the sort of information I needed to make a decision. Not quiet the one I'd want to make, but given everything you've said I think leaving the most expensive figures packaged might be the better choice then. It's still a while away but the distance is going to be vast and damage to my material goods is one of my bigger concerns.

But as for the not so expensive figure in my collection, I have set the previously not pictured Kirito up.
Images

For the price range I'm pretty happy with this one, at only 1500 yen I think it's a really nice figure.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 09:45   Link #5429
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
Thank you for the advice, that was exactly the sort of information I needed to make a decision. Not quiet the one I'd want to make, but given everything you've said I think leaving the most expensive figures packaged might be the better choice then. It's still a while away but the distance is going to be vast and damage to my material goods is one of my bigger concerns.
You're welcome. With the long trip you're talking about, I agree that re-packing the most expensive figures is the way to go. But I don't envy you in the least for having to re-pack them.

Quote:
But as for the not so expensive figure in my collection, I have set the previously not pictured Kirito up.
Images

For the price range I'm pretty happy with this one, at only 1500 yen I think it's a really nice figure.
Nice Kirito. I don't have any GGO Kiritos. I have an SAO Kirito that's about the same size as yours and a small ALO Kirito in quasi-chibi form.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-11, 20:28   Link #5430
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightbatŪ View Post
....and there is life in this thread again

I preordered Wave Saber 4 figure set
a few days ago, it has been the first figure purchase in over 18 months when it arrives
which made me justify the higher price for the entire set
i salute you for your dedication to the Sabers. i'm not impressed as it's Wave or otherwise i would be really trying hard not to click the buy button.

now this shall be mine! the paint job better not be a total dud.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 19:37   Link #5431
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Yeah for some reason Saber is my favorite figure
At current I have about 4 different ones, whereas (except trading figs) no other character is twice in my collection
(discounting about 30 Macross VF fighters, but those are mecha)
Old 2015-01-12, 20:09   Link #5432
GDB

Could that reason be that they release a new Saber figure seemingly every 2-3 months?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-13, 16:38   Link #5433
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

If that were my incentive, I'd have a similar Ikki Tousen collection, and that limited itself to one Ryomou and one Kanu figure

I dropped enthusiastic collecting a while ago
Now I just wait out for figures I'd really consider worth getting
3 happen to be Saber figures, the various incarnations apparently charm me enough to buy them
Old 2015-01-14, 10:09   Link #5434
GDB

I meant more along the lines of opportunity; like with that many Sabers coming out from so many high end companies there's bound to be many that are really nice.
Old 2015-01-14, 12:31   Link #5435
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

True, didn't think about it that way
And Saber is probably one of the few (the NGE girls spring to mind) that is still 'current'
Old 2015-01-22, 19:09   Link #5436
GDB

I'd like to showcase how many Saber figures are being made, and I think this proves it best:

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/283033

Mysterious Heroine X, the April Fool's character, is getting a figure from Alter. She's basically just Saber wearing a baseball hat, track jersey, shorts, and a "mysterious" scarf.
Old 2015-01-27, 04:47   Link #5437
Samari
World's Greatest

So who is this? Saw it in Osaka a couple of months back while traveling. Looks familiar.

Spoiler for ....:

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-27, 05:50   Link #5438
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Oh, that's Sonico.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 09:45   Link #5439
roxybudgy
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to roxybudgy Send a message via MSN to roxybudgy Send a message via Yahoo to roxybudgy
Something a little different, does anyone have any thoughts or experience with making your own figurines from scratch?

I remember years and years ago, when I was hooked on playing FlyFF, someone extracted a 3D model of their character from the game and sent it to a 3D printing company which made them a little figurine of their FlyFF character, and the end product actually looked really good.

Doing some quick Googling, it seems there are many websites that offer this service (such as http://www.shapeways.com) as long as you provide the 3D model. I've only taken one beginner's class in 3D modelling with 3DS Max, but I think with practice, I can be decent at it.

When Hobby Link Japan announced that they would be making/selling an Opera-tan garage kit figurine, as an Opera fangirl, I was ecstatic. After seeing the image that the figurine will be based on, even more so!

But when the prototype came out, I was very disappointed, and more so when the final product and sample coloured version came out. Yes, technically if I bought it, I could paint it whatever colour I want, but it didn't help that the sculpt (beautiful as it is) lacked the cuteness of the original image. So I would love to make my own Opera-tan figurine :3

Edit: ooh~ they have a section for figurines http://www.shapeways.com/miniatures/figurines?li=nav

Last edited by roxybudgy; 2015-01-29 at 09:59.
roxybudgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 21:57   Link #5440
BaronNoir

nice display options for small figurines

I finished installing stuff in my room, and I think I found a nice display option for Nendoroids.

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/pr...145/#/40277143 for the shelves overall (they say it's for CDs or DVDs, but it fit neatly mangas or DVDs

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/c...uctId=10001593 for the boxes. Some ''large'' Nendoroid will have to be squeezed a bit.

BaronNoir is offline   Reply With Quote