AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2007-07-04, 05:37   Link #1
Myrina
Kawaii-er then you~

여우비 Yobi, The Five Tailed Fox

Okay, Sue me if im wrong.
But, This is a 'Korean' Anime.
Its not a series but a Movie, Its Aired but wont Air anywhere with english speaking.
so I thought I'd post a bit about it.

Its a good movie *is Korean* and well, I hope I can sub it some day for you guys?
Myrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 07:06   Link #2
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

그럼 빨리 해.
Old 2007-07-04, 07:59   Link #3
jcdranzer
Sky King!!!! XD

Its already been subbed....well, I didn't watch it but a friend gave me a link to it...you can stream it at cruchyroll. The only Korean animation I've seen is Blue Sky (Wonderful Days)...which I own on DVD.....it would be really cool if Goong got animated...Goong is a romance, comedy, drama manwah............its really top-notch.
jcdranzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 08:30   Link #4
wontaek

좀 궁금하군요. 그러나 저러나 언제 우리나라에서는 6 살 아이도 볼 수 있는 수준 높고 엽기 아닌 애니가 나올까요?

I am curious about the movie. I do wish Korea will, someday, make some highly artistic anime good enough even for 6 year old, with good voice acting, without much cheap comedy.
Old 2007-07-04, 15:22   Link #5
Lunacy

Synopsis/summary please? The only Korean anime I have seen is My Beautiful Mari (please correct me if it's not Korean). Is Yobi an anime revolving some sort of folklore/mythology? If so, I want to watch this movie. A sub would be great!
Lunacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 00:22   Link #6
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Thanks for reminding me this. I was intending to watch this, but alas I no longer live in Korea anymore. It seems to be based on Korean folklore: the Kumiho(구미호, or nine-tailed fox). The Kumiho is a fox that can change into humans, and usually displayed as evil (changlings?). The director is Lee Seong-gang, the one from "My Beautiful Mari" (Yes Lunacy, it's Korean)

Responses from Korea compares it to Sen to Chihiro, yet lacks the finesse and most noticably real voice actors (they used regular TV/movie actors). The trailer really does sound like a dub, if you know what I mean. I still am looking forward to watching it, though. The images are stunning. You can see some of them at here

Synopsis translation is stolen from Wikipedia:
Quote:
Teacher Kang takes his students to a school that sits at the base of a hill where Yobi lives, a five tailed fox who can turn into any form. Kang and his students are there to train at a special center for honing their mental abilities. While the students test their courage at night, Yobi encounters the dream-catcher Hwang Geum-yee. Yobi develops an interest in Geum-yee, and decides to join the students to stay closer to him. Living like a human being is fun, until she comes across the fox hunter. Rescued by a mysterious shadow, Yobi now faces the inevitable – by taking Geum-yee's spirit that will make her a real human being.
OT: @wontaek: Duluth에 사시는군요. 저는 Atlanta에 삽니다^^ 반가워요.

Last edited by dahl_moon; 2007-07-06 at 01:34. Reason: Removed trailer just in case:-)
dahl_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 17:04   Link #7
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

OT: @dahl_moon: 한국사람입니까? Georgia에 한국사람 많이 있네...
Old 2007-07-06, 01:33   Link #8
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

OT: @tun: 네, 한국사람이에요. 반갑습니다.

RAW should be out soon, since the DVD is out. I hope someone is kind enough to ------ (censored talk about RAWs)
Old 2007-07-07, 05:57   Link #9
2Fang
The Korean Hybrid

어, 저도 한국사람인데... ㅎㅎ 생각보다 한국사람들 많네요...

Looks a bit too childish for my type. I think subs are already out
2Fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 08:18   Link #10
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

I've been looking forward to this one since seeing the pilot. If you have a few minutes to spare, hop over to Catsuka and watch it (or just click here (10mb)). I thought this looked like an wondefully enchanting film, much like a Miyazaki, but with that distinct Korean look that's very fresh, especially compared to some of the overly familiar stylings of anime.

Yobi was my avatar for a while earlier in the year:

Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 03:33   Link #11
Myrina
Kawaii-er then you~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
I've been looking forward to this one since seeing the pilot. If you have a few minutes to spare, hop over to Catsuka and watch it (or just click here (10mb)). I thought this looked like an wondefully enchanting film, much like a Miyazaki, but with that distinct Korean look that's very fresh, especially compared to some of the overly familiar stylings of anime.

Yobi was my avatar for a while earlier in the year:

Hmm.
I loved this movie personally, It was romantic, but not too cheesy.
And the ending was great too, Unlike most american Movies it didnt end with a 'YAY WE ARE ALL HAPPY' ending, it was so-so, left you feeling Happy and sad at the same time.
Myrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 02:46   Link #12
gianna
gigi

I've been wanting to watch this for months! but I'm holding off until I buy the DVD - which does have English subtitles (so says Yes Asia)

I heard a bit of the OST which sounds beautiful
gianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 23:13   Link #13
gianna
gigi

From the looks of this page there will be a TV series this year!?

http://www.crossfilm.co.kr/project/tv_fox.asp

I wonder if there's somewhere else to speak of Korean animation -- just came across a few new interesting titles
gianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 22:00   Link #14
wnmnkh
Not that simple.

Huh, TV series now? There is little information on Korean websites...

영화는 그럭저럭 나쁘지는 않았는데, TV로는 어떻게 될지 모르겠군요.

일단 스토리가 가장 큰 문제...