AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-16, 20:16   Link #1821
pankzman

Nanoha is pretty name.

http://www.animelab.com/anime.manga/...&search=Normal
Old 2009-11-18, 12:14   Link #1822
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
I've got a question. From what I understand, there are 5 main divisions/sections. Hence, why Hayate's group was Section Six. So has it been said anywhere in particualr what those sections/divisions are?

I'm guessing at the following:
#1 Ground army forces
#2 Naval Ship forces
#3 Disaster Planning and Humanitarian Division
#4 Engineering division?
#5 - ??? (Maybe there is a division for Enforcers/Agents ?)

If there is no canon for them, has anyone dealt with this in a fanon way?
Old 2009-11-18, 12:24   Link #1823
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I've got a question. From what I understand, there are 5 main divisions/sections. Hence, why Hayate's group was Section Six. So has it been said anywhere in particualr what those sections/divisions are?

I'm guessing at the following:
#1 Ground army forces
#2 Naval Ship forces
#3 Disaster Planning and Humanitarian Division
#4 Engineering division?
#5 - ??? (Maybe there is a division for Enforcers/Agents ?)

If there is no canon for them, has anyone dealt with this in a fanon way?
i don't think they mean section six in that way. it's like how, let's say the infantry, has the ###th division.
Old 2009-11-18, 16:08   Link #1824
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
So has it been said anywhere in particualr what those sections/divisions are?
Let's see how much of this I have right.

Remember that the TSAB/Administrative Bureau is basically an interdimensional security force formed by several administrated worlds.

1) Air force
2) Ground force
- Battalion 108 belongs here.
3) Sailing Force - It seriously says that, but we all know they mean the navy.
- Fate works as an Enforcer under the Interstellar Navigation Bureau which is part of the navy part of TSAB iirc Three aces of the ground, sea and sky, so I'm assuming Teana [in Force] would be here.
- Subaru [in SSX] is part of the reallylongtitlethatiforgetexactly uhhh Security Harbour Force Disaster Rescue and Relief Second Team, which sounds like it belongs here. Or my brain is frying and thinking that Disaster Management is something else.
4) Medical Center - sup Shamal
5) Database -> Infinity Library - Midchildan, but affiliated with TSAB, I think....
6) Intelligence Department - Woops, forgot this. Sorry, Verossa!

I guess the engineering thing could be a different section, but it seems only willing higher ranked mages or special cases would be able to get a special device made specifically for them. Or they could be pro like Subaru and Teana and craft their own devices. Then there's, uh, Shario [s]who likes to create/tweak WMDs.... Anyway, the majority of TSAB uses Storage/Armed Devices now, depending if you pick Belkan or Midchildan magic, so you get the standard/mass produced models. :V

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?

Last edited by Bananoha; 2009-11-18 at 17:21.
Old 2009-11-18, 16:18   Link #1825
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Just how many names does Hayate's division have, anyway?
Old 2009-11-18, 17:26   Link #1826
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Just how many names does Hayate's division have, anyway?
機動六課 = Mobile Section Six
Lost Property Riot Force Six
八神はやてのハレム

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2009-11-18, 19:26   Link #1827
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

ハレム End indeed.
Old 2009-11-18, 21:46   Link #1828
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Sugisaki Hayate. I like this. except that Hayate's more like Chizuru and that Vice fits the role of Sugizaki more.
Old 2009-12-04, 15:05   Link #1829
Dr. Casey

I have a question, kind people of the Nanoha forum. Why does Arf look younger in Strikers than she does in the original or A's? Maybe I missed something, but I don't remember that being explained at all.
Old 2009-12-04, 15:14   Link #1830
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

They did, though not in the anime. In the A's to StrikerS manga, she explains that her smaller form drains less magical energy from Fate.
Old 2009-12-04, 15:18   Link #1831
Dr. Casey

Thanks Kero, glad to have the lolification make sense now.
Old 2009-12-04, 15:23   Link #1832
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Actually they kind of did explain it at the end of the A's anime, too, when she was telling Zafira that her smaller puppy form didn't drain mana as much. Makes sense if you apply it to her human child form, really.
Old 2009-12-04, 15:37   Link #1833
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Actually, she was talking about looking cuter and getting treats from random people going 'aaaw' in A's.
Old 2009-12-04, 16:09   Link #1834
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
This was a timeline I put together from the anime, manga, and the Japanese wiki. I haven't included Sound Stage information yet. The Japanese seem to have a few extra ways of telling specific dates, via some timelines in magazines and sound stage material.

For the most part, this should be roughly accurate, although I made a few educated guesses here and there. I tried to only really include the more important information, leaving off minor stuff. I also tried to break it into season chunks, as it made a bit more sense to me

If something seems a bit off, or you have a source that better identifies something, let me know. I'd eventually pretty it up and add it to the Nanoha wikia and/or FAQ thread.

Pre-series:
462 (Old calender) - Dimension dislocation that devastated several worlds

225 BC - Age of Ancient Belka, the age of the Saint (analysis of Vivio's DNA can tell time!?) And yes, it's BC as this was stated to be 300 years ago, so 225 before the year 0, approximately. Would be nice to know what year the old calender ended at.

75 BC - TSA is founded, begins to root out mass-based weapons and regulates Lost Logia (Fate says that was 150 years ago in StrikerS ep14,) This founding is in response to the Mid-Childan wars that utilized mass-based weapons, as a way to switch over to magic-based civilization.

0 - TSA establishes their main branch in space, and ground HQ on Mid-Childa (3 old admirals critical in this time)
15(or earlier) - Gil Graham saves an Administration Bureau clerk
29 - Clyde Harlaown born (assuming the A's sketch that he is 25 at death is correct)
33 - Lindy born
32-34 - Alicia born? (she could be 5-7 years old; JP wiki tends to think 5)
35 - Regius joins the TSAB (Auris to Hayate "he's been in the TSA for 40 years")
39 - Precia is the 3rd director of Central Science & Development Bureau when she is exiled due to failed experiement; Alicia(5-7 years old) is presumably killed
50 - Chrono is born
53 - Tiida Lanster born
54 - Clyde dies to book of darkness (assuming age 25; Lindy 21, Chrono 3)
56 - Nanoha, Yuuno, Hayate born
58 - Ginga born? (possibly unsure due to nature of birth)
59 - Teana Lanster born
59-60 - Lanster parents die
60 - Subaru born? (same as her sister)
62-63 - Fate born as a 7 year old girl?
64 - Quint shuts down a lab, finds and adopts Ginga and Subaru
64-65 - Yuuno finds & loses Jewel seeds, goes to Earth and seals one, gets injured on second (he meets Nanoha

First Season - Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
Season 1 and 2 take place entirely with the year 0065 (Nanoha, Yuuno, Fate 9, Chrono 14 depending on birthday? I'm assuming everyone goes up an age sometime during these two seasons)
  • Janurary to Feburary - Nanoha meets Yuuno, gains magic powers (Strikers ep9 "Just a few short months after she learned about magic, another life-risking battle took place" referring to Fate)
  • April - Nanoha meets Fate for the first time
  • April 26th - Nanoha and Fate clash over jewel seed that creates dimensional disturbance(TSAB take notice)
  • April 27th - Fate takes 4 seeds back to Precia, gets whipped
  • May 6th - Six seeds are sealed over the ocean by Nanoha and Fate
  • May 7-10th? - Nanoha spends some time with friends and family, then fights Fate above Uminari Seaside Park. Precia activates her 9 jewel seeds, final confrontation
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's
  • June 3rd - Book of Darkness awakens, Wolkenritter emerge
  • October 27th - Wolkenritter find out Hayate's life is at stake, begin collecting cores
  • December 2nd - Vita attacks Nanoha
  • December 13th - Nanoha, Fate, Arisa, and Suzuka visit Hayate in the hospital for the first time
  • December 24th - Final confrontation with the Book of Darkness

Pre-Strikers:
65 - Caro, Lutecia Born; technically could be Erio, but he was a clone, so his true birth date is unknown.
65 - A woman (Due in disguise?) seduces a priest to steal the shroud of the saint; genetic experiments begin on it
67 - Zest, Quint Nakajima die, & Megane Alphino captured
67 - Reinforce Zwei born, Hayate meets Carim shortly after that(ep4, "8 years ago")
67-68 winter - Nanoha's is seriously injured (2 years after she came to the Bureau), Hayate spends some time in the hospital with her as her own legs recover
69 - Teana's brother, Tiida, dies (Tiida 16, Teana 10)
69 - Vice accidentally shoots Laguna, his sister
69 - Vivio born in a lab (same clone problem)
69 - Fate gets S rank, Erio is taken from his family by some group; might be TSAB or someone else
71 - A's Epilogue (6 years later)
71 - Caro kicked out of her tribe, she's taken in by a TSAB shelter some time after
71 - Fate finds Erio locked up in a straight jacket, takes him to a housing facility, becomes his guardian; although technically Lindy is Legal guardian ("became guardian not too long ago" with a note about Erio's 6th birthday)
72 - Fate becomes Caro's Guardian
72 - Chrono and Amy are married, waste no time in popping out kids (the picture in Strikers makes the two kids appear to be at least 3; shotgun wedding?)
73 - Zest and Lutecia rescue Agito
73 - Erio is at the Main office housing facility until age 8, but it sounds like Fate's been teaching him magic for awhile ("Since before I can remember, she would do a lot for me")

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS(mostly takes place over a year):
71, April 29th - Airport fire where Nanoha(15) & Fate rescue Subaru & Ginga
75, April 25th - Teana & Subaru take 1st B rank test and fail
75, April 29th - Teana & Subaru take 2nd B rank test, pass and join Section 6
75, May 13th - 2 weeks after Teana & Subaru join S6, First deployment, battle on the train
75, June-July? - Hotel Augusta incident
75, June-July? (several days later?) - Teana's breakdown, Shari tells Nanoha's past
75, July (2 weeks since breakdown) - Section Six's day off, Vivio found, battle in city
75, August - Vivio settles in with Nanoha-mama, the whole question of "Who is strongest?" comes up
75 September 5th - Subaru/Ginga have their annual checkup (7 days before peace conference)
75, September 12th - Peace Conference incident (almost had their 9/11!)
75, September 19th - Cradle Fight
75, October - life returns to normal, people begin to discuss what they are gonna do after
76, April 28th - Section six disbands 1 year after it's formed
Old 2009-12-04, 16:16   Link #1835
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Actually, she was talking about looking cuter and getting treats from random people going 'aaaw' in A's.
Yeah, uh, calling her puppy form really fuel-efficient doesn't exactly translate into that. =X
Old 2009-12-10, 19:27   Link #1836
DKN117

Don't know where else to turn but here, considering the old wounds still festering amongst the Nanoha Fanfic section.

I hear that someone, somewhere released official height data for Nanoha & company. Is this merely an unfounded rumor?
Old 2009-12-11, 02:28   Link #1837
Outlaender

Spoiler for @DKN117:

Last edited by xris; 2009-12-11 at 03:03. Reason: Answer copied from the manga thread
Old 2009-12-11, 03:40   Link #1838
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
Don't know where else to turn but here, considering the old wounds still festering amongst the Nanoha Fanfic section.

I hear that someone, somewhere released official height data for Nanoha & company. Is this merely an unfounded rumor?
There this image:

I do not know whether or not it is official. The art style looks pretty close to the manga art, so it could very well be. When it was posted in the image thread, there was a small discussion about some heights seeming off and whatnot. I personally feel that even the image is unofficial, it's a pretty good estimate as to the character heights. While some people are missing, it shouldn't be too hard to guesstimate the height with visuals from the anime and manga. Just be careful of perspectives.
Old 2009-12-11, 03:57   Link #1839
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The image itself is from the design sketches, so it's official. The colored height bars and data, though, were fan-added.
Old 2009-12-11, 15:16   Link #1840
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Well, Reinforce Zwei is approximately 30cm. The only other official measurement I remember is of Hayate when she was 15 and those er, two other dudes I guess.

.... And Veyron is 180cm....

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Closed Thread